“Fantastic excursion!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Xel-Ha

Xel-Ha
Michoacan, Mexico City 06170, Mexico (Hipódromo Condesa)
Improve this listing
Ranked #97 of 2,230 Restaurants in Mexico City
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hipódromo Condesa
, United Kingdom
“Fantastic excursion!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2015 via mobile

Travelled with my husband, son and
girlfriend.

It was my husband's and my first trip but both my son and daughter had been before and loved it.

We started off the day with a really nice breakfast at the buffet. Pretty good considering the vast numbers they were catering for.

We started off with the jungle walk which was amazing. It took about an hour. We saw so much wildlife birds, lizards, birds, coti mundi's, iguana's.

There is so much to see, we didn't do the dolphins as we had already done this on another holiday. We got some great pictures as we walked past them to get into the park.

We snorkelled right across the lagoon which was absolutely brilliant. We saw loads of fish.

Please do not try to swim across the lagoon on the rubber rings as you are against the current and it took ages which really took a chuck of our day, hilarious though!

We had lunch in the Mexican restaurant. Fantastic food, so much to chose from and great cocktails!

We did the zip wires and the cliff of courage, absolutely brilliant!!

We loved the whole day, so much to see, would go back tomorrow!.

Visited February 2015

Sydney, Australia
“Lima Sopa - yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2015

This is a cantina-style diner.
The staff didn't speak much English, but were able to recommend some very nice dishes. We dined here twice to explore the menu.
Good value for money.
We were there on Valentines Day, and even got given a rose!
The Lime Soup was delicious, as was the fish.

• Visited February 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
homestead fl
“Eco park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2015 via mobile

We visited this as park of a rwo stop tour after visiting tolum ruins.very well organised once inside, even tbough it was busy there is plenty of space and things to do.leisurely long lazy river, snorkeling, nature walks and wildlife. All among hundreds of tropical fish you can swim amongst in their natural habitat. So much nicer than baking on a beach. Once inside all food and drink is free, plentiful towels and seating all over yhe park. We stayed 5hrs and only saw half of it.

Visited May 2015
Rosarito, Mexico
“Mushrooms - I am a total raving convert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

Since discovering champiñones con ajo en Mexico, when I saw something similar on the menu in this Spanish restaurant I knew that was what I was going to have to try.
The mushrooms were not your usual crimini shroom dish... I think they were chanterelle. (You can put the Google action on that if you don't know the difference.)
It was a pure delight to my mouth. My tasting experience left me with no room for words. The dish was spicy and flavorful in such a way that I wanted to do a happy dance right there in my chair. Maybe you can get all worked up over their cochinita pibil, but Spanish cooking is converting me more and more to the fungus side of the culinary Force.

Here is a little language FYI-

There are three different words for mushroom in Spanish:
champiñones
hongos
setas

I have seen all of these words used at one point or another on menus so it's good to be aware they all roughly translate to about the same category of food stuffs.

• Visited February 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Worth a visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2015 via mobile

Great for beginner snorkelers, It's like swimming in a big aquarium, I wished the park was as organized as xplor though, a little bit confused as what other activities the park offered. The staff at the equipment rental could be a little bit friendlier. Great food!

• Visited July 2014