Arrived into Mexico City running a large event hosted at this hotel. Being a Marriott and a high end one at that, was expecting good things for $300+ per night. Started off poorly. Booked a room for the family because we were headed on vacation after my event. Policy only allows for three people in a room; regardless and no exceptions. My kids had to stay in a different room. No bend on the policy. Horrid!
Other major issues with the hotel:
1. Hallway was 85 degrees; complained but never fixed.
2. Towels were like sand paper; better towels at Motel 6.
3. Charged for coffee packets beyond one and "fee” to clean the minibar.
4. Chemical smell in the hallway from apoxy due to repairs that permeated into the room; made two my daughters sick and felt fine upon leaving the hotel.
5. Keys all failed several times and had to be constantly reprogrammed; major hassle.
6. $300+ night room window opened to a grey stucco wall.
7. The emergency light never turns off in the room and blinked all night; had to sleep with a pillow over my head.
I spoke with the manage twice and she explained this was their policy and it would not change. She was going to check out the problems and would get back to me. Upon walking away, I presume she laughed at the silly gringo and never responded to my issues. Seemed generally unconcerned with my issues or me as a customer spending $6k+ in two days.
I would not stay at this hotel nor would I recommend anyone whom you like to stay at this hotel. I am low key and generally expect to get what I pay for and this fell way short. I think you can have a much better experience and be safe in a better room with a better view for half the price. Very disappointing and a huge let down for a Marriott. Might just be this location.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Mexico City
- Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel