“French tradition in Mexico” 5 of 5 stars

Rio Sena 88 | Colonia Cuauhtemoc, Mexico City 06500, Mexico
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Les Moustaches is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 1,742 restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: French, International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Paseo de la Reforma & Rio Lerma, a un cuadra de la Embajada Americana.
Transit: Le recordamos que el codigo de vestir es casual elegante(No jeans, no playeras,no tennis,no bermudas).
Description: Les Moustaches is an award-winning fine dining restaurant. The magnificent French food and exclusive wine list are the elements that have made Les Moustaches a well-known and prestigious restaurant. It is located in a renovated house from the last century, in the financial district, two blocks from Angel de la Independencia. The elegant French decorations and piano & violin music help to create a great dining atmosphere. Casa del siglo pasado, situada en el corazon financiero, a dos cuadras del Angel de la Independencia. La magnificencia de la comida Francesa, las muestras gastronomicas, festivales mensuales, asi como la amplia carta de vinos, son elementos que distinguen a este restaurnte de amplio prestigio. La elegante decoracion Francesa y agradables notas musicales del piano en la comida, y por las noches, del violin y piano crean una experiencia inolvidable.
Mexico
“French tradition in Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Starting from the private parking of the restaurant, the hostess who receive you, the elegant decoration, the waiters, the sommelier represent a good beginning. We had different courses typically from France as appetizers, like "Soupe a l'oignon", foie gras and as main course meat of different kinds, every thing were perfect and succulent.
A great place to enjoy a wonderful lunch.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Beautiful elegant restaurant but the worst Beef Wellington ever!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I went to Les Moustaches last evening for our 20th wedding anniversary. It is a beautiful elegant place with excellent staff and service. We started with the oysters Rockefeller which were very fine indeed...a couple of glasses of champagne and then the main courses.

She had a trout dish the was quite good with wonderful presentation.

I had the Beef Wellington. The presentation was excellent and sauce wonderful, but the meat was NOT a fillet by anyone's imagination...it was tough, layered in connective tissue and dry...What a disappointment !!!

Would I go back??? after spending about 2000 pesos, not likely.

We selected this restaurant based on the reviews here and I now am leary of several other selections we have made for our stay...hopefully they turn out better then Les Moustaches.

Best Regards,

Preston

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Todos Santos, BCS, Mexico
“Classic French Fantasy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Located fairly close to the US Embassy this elegant restaurant serves one of the best bouillabaisse I've had outside of France. The beef wellington was cooked perfectly. The extensive wine list with plenty of french options makes the experience complete. The place was packed on a Tuesday for lunch and felt like a DF power spot. The decor makes you feel as if you're dining in a french chateau. The wait staff are pros. You will feel well taken care of here. I can't wait to go back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego
“The best fast food I ever had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We went on a Monday. They are open to 6 and last seating is at 5. We called at 4:30 and they said come on down. We were in and out in 45 minuted with 5 courses. It was glorious (Queen Elizabeth does not let state dinners take more than an hour and neither should you). We had an appetizer of Iberico Ham and melon to start. Served on a dome and split in two table side by our waiter using the french spoon + fork = tongs trick. It was wonderful. Thicker than the servings I have had in the past to add mouth feel to the great nutty-ham flavor. They melons were in large lardons and ripe and wonderful with a little frizzy salad.

Next octopus in a great sauce on a bet of roasted potato slices. Again, split in two. The waiter insisted we have the mussels. They were the black Mediterranean kind, not overcooked and the sauce was a bouquet of tarragon. The a ceaser salad. It was a ceaser salad, better than most, but we live in San Diego and go to Ceasers all the time. Largely lateral and while tasty, taking up tummy real estate that could be put to better use.

Then we had the Wellington and chicken Kiev (both culinary parlor tricks from the 50's but its an old school restaurant). The wellington was the best I have ever had. We sent thf Kiev back, it was dry.

For dessert they had an excellent but short digestief list and they suggested the mousse (I suspect because we were the only left and it is premade). It was a huge bowl of sameness, and while excellent, we at about three spoonfuls of this ocean of pudding and left.

The price with a bottle of wine nad tip is less that steaks here in the USA. What fun.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sao Paulo, SP
“Classic ambience and superior service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was there last week following TripAdvisor's tips. Superior and very courteous service in a classic ambience. I had a great corn soup from the mexican cuisine as starter and then the ostrich entree, which was not so great. The waiter told me it was not the sirloin as I assumed but the leg - so not as soft as I was expecting. But I believe I should have asked for more details before ordering. Piano and violin played alive give the place an unusual touch, very classic. As I entered the restaurant they asked me where I was coming from and later the musicians played a couple of songs from my country. Nice touch, as the rose and the mints they gave me when I was leaving.

• Visited March 2013