“Quiet, small professionally run restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Mexico
“Quiet, small professionally run restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Restful atmosphere. Medium priced, set meal available. Delicious soup!
wine list. Just above the Plaza Baratillo.

Visited September 2011

“The best in Guanajuato!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Great little place. Not too much seating and the menu does not change, but it does not need to. Best tortilla soup on the planet ( I have spent a lot time in Mexico, grew up in California and now live in Houston and I love soup). I love the chiles en Nogada here and the apple pie is wonderful. They bake their own bread. They have a few wines by the glass. My novio loves the michelades here too. I lived in Guanajuato for a summer and I have come back 4 times to visit for day and this is always where I go for lunch or dinner. The waiters are super cute too ;)

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tijuana, Mexico
“Really, Really Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Restaurante El Abue
I have to start that the restaurant is not easy to find, my brother and me found it almost on the last day. And I was searching it since the second day. The maps are wrong, the local is where s the "Teatro Juarez", go to the front, at the end, go to the left and you gonna see a big fountain, keep right the way, and there it is.

Now the review, we only could take a breakfast on the last day, the day that we return to our city.
We ordered "Huevos revueltos con Jamón", "Huevos revueltos con Champiñones", "Chilaquiles Rojos" and Chilaquiles Verdes", and we both drink Chocolate, and I must said, that ALL was really DELICIUS!
The prices, was normal (I don't remember each of it, but in total of that, I paid $170 MXN).

I have to say that this, and other restaurant that is name "El Cerro de las Ranas" in "Plazuela de San Fernando", that is where we eat various days, and I have to say, that also is really DELICIUS! (Super Recommended too).
I hope this review can help you :)

Leon, Mexico
“Our favorite little restaurant in Guanajuato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I've been to Guanajuato more times than I can count, and this is our favorite little restaurant in town. The food is extremely good, and I enjoy the unique touch the put on some typical Mexican fare. It has the flavor of genuine Mexican home cooking.

Visited May 2012
Indianapolis
“Decent, but unpredictable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I have eaten here three times over the last two years. Loved it the first time, disgusted the second. the third time was not the cliched 'charm'. It was average at best. The famed enchiladas are just OK, you can find better. I had high hopes for this locale and I do hope they improve

Visited April 2012