“Super location , really good food!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 136 Restaurants in Guanajuato
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Orinda, California
“Super location , really good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The restaurant is located upstairs overlooking Union Square. We sat outside on our own private balcony and enjoyed their delicious Italian fare.
We had salmon with toast triangles and capers as an appetizer, shared a pizza (they are big enough for two (8 slices) and a bottle of Chilean Cabernet. Probably the Malbec would have been better but our choice was not bad and cost less.
On our private little balcony we watched the passing parade below. It was fabulous so we will go there again tonight. For the two other places I have reviewed on Union Square check out Valadez and Hotel Luna.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Rouyn-Noranda, Qc, Canada
“good italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We went as a group and every one was very satisfied. A little expensive for a Mexican restaurant but very good.

Visited February 2013
Trieste
“Could do better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Again, I would like that TripAdvisor allowed for a finer grading; I would give restaurant a 3.5. I shared with my friend a nice salmon carpaccio and then had a tuna steak. Even if I asked to have it "sellado", namely, rare, it was overcooked. Moreover it was covered with a thick cream sauce which completerly hid the freshness of the fish. It was not bad, but it was also a missed opportunity, since the fish itself appeared to be quite good. I did not try the Italian dishes since I am Italian and live in Italy and I have a rule not to eat Italian when I am abroad... They have some good bottles of Mexican wine, expensive as always in Mexico. We were seated on a small balcony with a nice view of the bustling square with garden. Service was so-so.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Excellent setting, good Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

After a substandard meal at another restaurant nearby the previous evening, I was a little leary about this. Its right on the corner of the main plaza in a beautiful colonial building. Lovely restaurant. I've found Italian food to be highly variable in Mexico (well anywhere really) but this was the real deal. A delightful meal that all 12 of us enjoyed. a wonderful evening.

Visited January 2013
Vancouver Island, Canada
“beefy meal overlooking the plaza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

i had an excellent cut of beef at La Trattoria, along with ricotta stuffed canelloni. They have an extensive wine list, nice for a change! And the atmosphere is lovely, with window tables on the 2nd floor overlooking the plaza. Highly recommended.

Visited December 2012