“our experience on our visit to la vaca argentina” 3 of 5 stars

(33) 36301160
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Vaca Argentina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 515 Restaurants in Guadalajara
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Av. Hidalgo & Morelos
Description: At Asador La Vaca Argentina enjoy taking a trip through the gastronomic region of the Pampas in Argentina, guided by an authentic gaucho, our head Chef, Juan Angel Marcelo Pica. The meat used by the restaurant is all Angus Certified of a maximum weight of 420 Kg. Our extensive wine cellar offers wine from five continents and maintains a temperature of 18 degrees Celsius. En el Asador La Vaca Argentina disfrutara de un paseo por la gastronomia de la region de las pampas Argentinas, guiado por un autentico gaucho, nuestro maestro asador Juan Angel Marcelo Pica. Las Carnes que Usted consume en el Asador La Vaca Argentina son de novillos de raza Angus certificadas de 420 Kg. de peso maximo. Nuestra extensa cava ofrece vinos de los 5 continentes y se mantiene rigurosamente a una temperatura de 18 grados.
San Fernando, California
“our experience on our visit to la vaca argentina”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

A restaurant that has a great potential to be the best. There are some things that need to be adjusted. On our visit, we had the hostess greet us with a smile. We did not have a reservation, but we were offered the patio. We did not know it was a smoking area. I wanted to move to a non smoking section of the restaurant, but it was busy. We did not have any other choice but to stay in the smoking section of the restaurant. Our waiter was somewhat knowledgeable about the menu. Our guests wanted to try the house specialty, though the waiter said everything in the menu was the specialty. We wanted to try to have an appetizer; however, the menu did not describe any of the appetizers, neither did the waiter. I decided to have the chipotle cream soup. Very pleasing, but, i had to give the soup spoon back to the server because it was filthy of earlier use. The waiter did apologize followed by handing me a clean soup spoon. My family all ordered beef dishes, it was 2 New York Steaks, one ribeye, and a filet mignon. The cuts were wonderful and had amazing taste. We all were surprised at how huge the plate and the piece of meat was,though it did not come with any sauces.We all would've been satisfied if it came with at least a tiny amount of brown sauce.Furthermore, i would like to suggest that 99.9% of all restaurants do have some kind of garnish added to the plate, maybe some mash potatoes or french fries, or perhaps some vegetables, instead of the salad. The salad comes before any entree or soup in most restaurants. This restaurant will be a perfect 10 if they take everything i am writing into consideration. On the other hand the smoking section was horrific. We had to request vents to be turned on. Finally dessert, the creme brulee was delicious, did exceed my expectations. The ice cream with strawberries on top were as well extremely well put together. The flan napolitano was the worst I've ever had, it was old and falling apart, tasteless and the pieces of fruit looked dry.

Dear restaurant owner, please make some changes and we will gladly return with more guests in the near future. I will promise you that. We often travel to Guadalajara, and i would like to make this place a restaurant of choice.

ROD SALAS

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Guadalajara, Mexico
“I seriously recommend this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

For the past 2 years i have been eating here every 3 or 4 weeks, we have had the best service, the best meat, everything is great, i cannot imagine my sundays without coming here.

the also have one of the best expresso's, they charge a lot for it ($63.00 pesos!!) but it is worth it!!

please be advised if you dont have a reservation you will have to wait for a while, but they have several different options to book a table in advance

• Visited November 2012
Aguascalientes, Mexico
“Fabulous in All Respects”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Their beef (I had Bife de Lomo, medium) was the best piece of meat I've had, anywhere, any time. Perfectly prepared and presented. Top quality, tender, juicy, hot, full of flavor. Definitely did not require any additional seasoning or sauce. I cried and toasted the chef, the buyer, and the animal that gave up his life for my enjoyment! Accompanying salad fresh with a delicious vinaigrette-honey house dressing. Music tastefully subdued. Waiter was a pro; friendly and there whenever needed but not lurking. Vino tinto just right. I only hope I am nearby when it's time for my last meal.
If you love meat, in a word ... OMG.

• Visited November 2012
“Experience is observed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Nice place, conservative and great for weekend family gathering. Good service, a little kids area with security gard watching, great meat dishes and the best ravioli in town.

Visited June 2012
“Meatlover Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have to say that I am a meat lover,and my favorite place toexperience the delight of a cut of beef is La Vaca Argentina restaurant on Tomas V. Gomez. This is the origin for this well-known and appreciate franchise in Guadalajara. The cut I favor most is Vacio, which is an amazingly tender and delicious cut of beef akin to a bottom sirloin cut. I have accompanied the same with either a bottle of red wine (there is bound to be a red that wil satisfy the most demanding palate because their selection is quite ample), or a cool glass of dark beer. Either way I have always savored the the flavor of the meat as it almost melts in my mouth, and have been left pondering the next return trip. The cut is accompanied with salad, which is nice but does not merit much when contrasted for the reason to come to this restaurant: the cuts of beef. I heartily recommend you visit this place if you are in town, and enjoy a good steak (or cut as the locals are wont to say). Cheers!

• Visited June 2012