“Fabulous Property” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Fiesta Americana Guadalajara Country Club

You added Grand Fiesta Americana Guadalajara Country Club to your Saves list
Grand Fiesta Americana Guadalajara Country Club
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Americas 1551 Col. Providencia, Guadalajara 44630, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
MX$935 (MXN)
Ranked #1 of 121 Hotels in Guadalajara
Brock
“Fabulous Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Fiesta Americana Grand Guadalajara Country Club. It is absolutely gorgeous. The rooms are really spacious and the bathrooms are huge! The amenities are exquisite. The breakfast buffet is just superb - they even blend custom juice on the spot. I cannot say enough great things about this property. Go! Stay! Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jose Gustavo M, General Manager at Grand Fiesta Americana Guadalajara Country Club, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Jolene

Thank you for taking the time to give us your experiences during your stay in our hotel, It was a pleasure to know that you had a pleasant stay.

Sincerely Jose Gustavo Muñoz More

Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

It was difficult to hear: "pay an extra $30/night on a 2 day stay to get a King Bed on a high floor," when Hilton and Marriott spoil me all over the world. That happens when a person sleeps in a hotel 10 to 15 nights a month.

So I stayed on the 10th floor, with 2 double beds, which were fine. Breakfast was included and was fantastic on the one day I went! The coffee is excellent, as expected for Mexico, but I had to get my own refills a couple of times because the service is overwhelmed when it gets crowded. Didn't bother me, but some people might think it's an issue, so I'll mention it. Too bad that I missed one of the days. they have a full omelet bar and all kinds of fresh items like you would expect at the best hotel buffets in both the USA and in Mexico. The property is new, clean, and very very nice, but a bit expensive.

They are a short walk next door to a nice mall with a lot of great places to eat and shop. It is a very upscale and safe feeling area.

I took away a star for the weak wifi. I should have guessed there would be trouble when they handed me a separate special code, on the second day, for each of my 3 devices: laptop, phone, and reader. Only 1 of the codes was valid, so I used it for my laptop. After midnight, the wifi sped up and I got caught up with work instead of sleep.

At least the wifi and breakfast were included, but I didn't know that until my second day. So, they lose another star. The original, early evening desk person wasn't very fluent, and made it sound like everything was going to be an extra charge. He didn't want to talk about my confirmation details, which were on my iPhone instead of being printed out. No wifi codes at check in. When the nice ladies during the day checked my account, they confirmed that both breakfast and wifi were included, and gave me the wifi codes.

A local client recommended the Fiesta, but I'll be back in a few weeks and plan to try the Westin, which was recommended by another client. Check back later and see my review after I stay there.

If you like my reviews, be sure to check the helpful box below. Thanks!

Room Tip: If you check in late at night, get a Spanish speaker to confirm everything with the desk person for...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank joelinda
Jose Gustavo M, General Manager at Grand Fiesta Americana Guadalajara Country Club, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Joelinda

It was a pleasure having you as guests, I hope you enjoyed your stay and I want to offer apologies for the inconveniences and hope to see you again at one of the best hotels in Guadalajara

Cordialy
Jose Gustavo Muñoz
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I'm stayed at this hotel for 24 days and everything was fantastic!
From the day I check-in till the check-out day. Everything was perfect.

Staff - Excellent
Room - Excellent
Breakfast - Good (But need some rotation\enhancement on the menu, for 24 days.. eating the same thing.. changes needed)

Lots of restaurant nearby this hotel - perfect location (10 min. to downtown).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
16 Thank narikah
Dear Narikah

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer our survey.
Is gratifying to know your stay was enjoyable, is our primary goal.

Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I come to GDL once per month. Our company always has us stay here. Excellent hotel, helpful service. The hotel has a good restaurant along with a few others nearby. Taxi straight from the airport about $20 US.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank lamb3947
Jose Gustavo M, General Manager at Grand Fiesta Americana Guadalajara Country Club, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Lamb

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your experiences during your stay in our hotel.
We are happy to know that your stay at our hotel was pleasant and feel that we fulfill our objective.

Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Was here at the beginning of April for business and was very impressed, staff were attentive and helpful, room was very nice and spacious, cleaning was gone everyday and to a good standard by friendly maids who were always smiling and said hello. The bar was very nice, i enjoyed sitting in the sun with a beer after work, the gym also had the most wonderful views. There are a few nice restaurants within walking distance, all in all it was a pleasant experience and will be my first choice when staying in Guadalajara.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jose Gustavo M, General Manager at Grand Fiesta Americana Guadalajara Country Club, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear James

Sincerely Jose Gustavo Muñoz
skullgrandchild
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

From the time we arrived at the hotel, the staff was very accommodatiing. The room was very nice, good gym facilities, good dining options. The breakfast buffet is expansive and full of variety. I wasn't thrilled with the lunch and dinner menu at the hotel. There is much better food at the outside restaurants. The spa seems to be only have only one employee though she was excellent. I had the best massgage of my life - hats off to Wendy at the spa.

Overall, you won't be disappointed with the service and amenities. Just dine out for lunch and dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 17th floor facing the golf course.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Skullgrandchild

Thank you for taking the time to give us your experiences during your stay in our hotel, It was a pleasure to know that you had a pleasant stay, I will be working on dinner menu .

Sincerely Jose Gustavo Muñoz
Little Rock, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Due to an overbooking problem, our room was not ready until very late. This was not the fault of the local staff who were so gracious and did everything they could to make up for the oversight. We were given a room that faced the golf course which had an incredible view. They continued to be accommodating for our entire stay of 4 days. The hotel is very cosmopolitan and has a great bar/lounge. The cleaning staff do a superb job and everything I saw was spotless!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Jose Gustavo M, General Manager at Grand Fiesta Americana Guadalajara Country Club, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear DLowery

Thank you very much for writing your experiences during your stay in our hotel.
We appreciate your comments as they are helpful to improve our services.