“Incredible Service for an Excellent Price” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Casino Plaza
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Pedro Moreno 726 Downtown, Guadalajara 44100, Mexico   |
Ranked #12 of 113 hotels in Guadalajara
Monterrey
“Incredible Service for an Excellent Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Very good service everyone is very friendly, I can’t recommend a better place to stay at Guadalajara for such a great price. The rooms are very clean and smell very nice. The food is one of the best things I liked.

It’s downtown but without being in a big avenue so it’s very quiet.

I was told they are a new administration, and that they still have a lot of planes to make that an even better place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

This is my first time in this hotel and I am typing this directly from room 504! Viva Internet!

The Hotel was built in 2004.

First thing, I agree with the comment about the noise in the hallway. I think the doors are made out of (1/32 inch thick wood, so you "can" hear everything that goes on in the hallway -> Everyting. The couple next door came in and out of their room until 4:00 am... I could have killed them! Tonight, i'm putting in my ear plugs or I'm having a few more drinks!! hahaha.

There is a bar close and you can hear the BOOM BOOM at night. It was over around 4ish. Actually, in the centro, there are bars and noise pretty much everywhere..

Beds are comfortably hard and the pillows ok. Overall the place is very clean. The Staff at the reception worthless. If you try to get any information from them - good luck -> even with getting a smile!

Parking is great! Breakfast was so, so..... Location is close to everything. There is even a supermarket (a Soriana) about 4 blocks away on Juarez.

Purchased my room online on aircanada.com (yes yes) and that was the cheapest price I could find after spending bout 4 hours on the internet. (I am an IT). They even beat the prices on here (tripadvisor.com) which GUARANTEES the prices which I am not going to spend time on! I paid 61.50 Canadian all tx and services included - everywhere else was 69 US including all tx and fees. Overall, at this price I will be returning here the next time.

I almost forgot, the TV stinks because the cable is almost nonexistent, I get about 10 channels..... If you are a TV Buff, bring, or purchase cheap at mercado, DVDs. I was here during "cabanuelos" which mean the rain between the change of seasons from winter to spring...

Internet is good, telmex @ 5mp and up at 0.55 like everywhere else in Mexico.

Hope this satisfies your questions! If it weren't raining, I'd be out there doing something else! hahahahah

Good luck in your hotel shopping! :-)

Ben

Room Tip: AC in all rooms. It's a "minisplit" and looks like it works fine.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

This is a good hotel in Guadalajara. Particularly now, whith the Panamerican Games most other hotels are ridiculously expensive! This one may not be very fancy but is very clean, safe and well maintained. Only lacks a Gym. It is very close to downtoun and has a parking lot.

Room Tip: If the room has a window to the street may be noisy, but there is not much trafic in that street at...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Garden City, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

we arrived at guadalajara airport and took a cab to this hotel.. the cab driver had never heard of it so he had to ask by radio to see where it iwas.. when we got there.. the outside looked really bad.. in a suspect location.. once inside it was a bit better.. rooms are tiny.. not like the pictures in the website.. doesnt have central AC its a wall mounted unit.. and you cant leave it on when you leave the room. it has a card key access so when you leave the room everything shuts off including AC, TV , lights everything.. was told it had free wifi.. well it did but not in my room.. i was too far up it only worked in the lobby... super noisy at night.. there was a soccer team of kids that showed up.. and i about went outside to tell them to be quiet this wast at like 2 am.. also the name is misleading . .there is NO CASINO>. they said it USED to be a casino.. therefore the name... there is even pictures of a casino on the website!!!.. on the positive side the restaurant is very good... good breakfast. very reasonable prices.. adn since i didnt have many pesos i just had the restaurant bills added to my room.. and paid with my debit card.. worked well.. overall this is probably not for everyone.. that section of the city looked dangeous at night.. website is misleading.. it wasnt a horrible stay but also not what i expected.. hotel is cheap but can get a better place for the price...

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Mazatlan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I stayed at this hotel last year when i went to the american consulate to complete my wives visa. The location of the hotel was the best attribute. The rooms were cramped, the beds were extremely hard and uncomfortable. The worst part, however, was the fact that you could hear everything from the hallway, it almost seemed that you had the door open. Nobody wants to wake up at 7 am on vacation and here the cleaning ladies gossiping and pushing their carts in the hallway. you could hear people walking....it completely sucked....to say the least. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

The hotel is not in a good location. It is 8-10 blocks from the Cathedral and the historic center of town, and in a run down neighborhood. Upon arrival, I asked for a quiet room and they put us on the street. We need to go down and insist we be placed in a courtyard, and then to get that we had to be on a smoking floor. The staff is not knowledgeable about the surrounding areas, buses, tours, etc. As we are trying to go to sleep there are teenagers running through the hotel screaming and riding the luggage carriers. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

I specifically chose this hotel for it's location and claim to have wireless internet in the rooms, since I had lots of work to do online.
The first room they gave me had no connection at all; and after some persuasion, the router was reset and internet was obtained for 5 minutes, then stopped again. I asked again, they reset it again, and it stopped again after a few minutes. I explained that it was important for me, and reluctantly they moved me to a room on a lower floor that they assured me was fine (different router). Same problem.
The receptionist had nothing to say at all; just looking away when I asked what could be done about it. I requested a refund so that I could move to another place, (I had not used anything at all in the rooms), but she looked sheepishly away and talked about calling a technician later that evening.
I did not get my refund, not did I get any working internet, and spent most of the day in a cafe down the road to get the work done.
If they had even acknowledged the problem it would have helped, but they seemed to find me an inconvenience, rather than trying to help. They could have offered a refund since I had not used the room, and there was plenty of time to get another booking; but they refused.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Casino Plaza? Share your experiences!