“Professional or traveler will enjoy the Dickinsion Guesthouse” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dickinson Guest House B&B

You added Dickinson Guest House B&B to your Saves list
Dickinson Guest House B&B
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Calle San Uriel 338 | Zona Minerva/ Expo Guadalajara, Guadalajara 45000, Mexico   |
Ranked #2 of 50 Guadalajara B&B and Inns
Chicago,IL
“Professional or traveler will enjoy the Dickinsion Guesthouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2007

The Dickinson Guest House provided ALL of the amenities a business professional requires with the added bonus of a well supplied kitchen to cook a feast (i.e thanksgiving dinner), W/D, and a private "CLEAN" bathroom. I was accompanied by my fiance and we enjoyed romantic dinners and privacy that is often lacking in a busy hotel. Since the moment we arrived we were graciously greeted at 6am. James helped us on various occassions ranging from connecting my laptop for wireless internet, providing directions to tourist sites, suggesting special atttractions that we certainly would have missed, and most importantly seeing to our comfort and enjoyment of GDL. As a medical professional, I travel very often and seldom have, I come across a quiet, clean, comfortable living accomodations as the Dickinson Guest House. James is a kind-hearted, generous, sociable person easy to be around and engage in good conversation. For future travelers, I must highlight that this guest house is close to all venues of transportation and is located in a safe neighborhood. In fact we walked a couple of times at night from the nightclub or simply enjoyed the rose garden nearby. I "HIGHLY" recommend this place (great price for what you get). My fiance and I will certainly return for another romantic escape.

• Liked — personable and gracious hostess, comfortable room, safe neighborhood, business amenities and privacy
  • Disliked — needed more pillows
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2007

If are looking for complete privacy...this is your place! I really enjoyed my stay and will stay there again if I return (availability willing!!). The place is not gargantuan, but definately not tiny either, and VERY comfortable. Everything seemed to be brand new and tastefully decorated; again, I will have to say this added to the comfort level.
Mr. Dickinson gets A++ honorable mention for his accomodations; from the actual room/house, right down to the hospitality he continuously showed throughout my visit. The room and house remained spotless the entire duration (5 days) I was in residence...and let me tell you that I am extremely picky - as I'm quite a bit of a 'neat freak'.
All in all, this was a spectacular value for a minimal cost. I have absolutely no complaints - only praise. I would most certainly recommend tourists or business people take advantage of this wonderful alternative to a hotel...I'm pleased to have found it myself!

• Liked — Value, hospitality, cleanliness, comfort.
  • Disliked — I have no complaints
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Dickinson Guest House B&B? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Dickinson Guest House B&B

Address: Calle San Uriel 338 | Zona Minerva/ Expo Guadalajara, Guadalajara 45000, Mexico
Location: Mexico > Jalisco > Guadalajara Metropolitan Area > Guadalajara
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 50 B&Bs / Inns in Guadalajara
Hotel Class:3 star — Dickinson Guest House B&B 3*
The Dickinson Guest House B&B, within walking distance to the Guadalajara Expo Center is centrally located in the new hotel zone in the cities new business hub, and about a 4usd cab ride to the historical district. Although we are not located in the downtown core-we are close enough to still return to some peace and quiet when it is desired! Guadalajara does have a Basilica for those that enjoy even older more ornate architectural gems-if they know they exist and how close they are- to us, rather than the cathedral that most think is the "main sanctuary' in this huge city. The B&B (or whole house rental) is located in Colonia Chapalita- a very well maintained and calm neighborhood, surrounded with several beautiful, well maintained public parks, allowing safe walks day or night to meet many nice neighbors in this middle class neighborhood. Although we enjoy the fantastic murals and cultural history of this city, we offer our guests a quieter neighborhood to enjoy a good nights' sleep, ready for the next days adventure! We also have a shortcut to the very enjoyable towns of Tlaquepaque and Tonala, home of many arts and crafts centers that everyone must see! We take pride in our business services for the traveler that needs fast internet at 100 mbps and Wi-Fi throughout the large home. The free phone service- all inclusive in the price of their room is an added convenience for those who did not purchase a plan for their mobile phone. We also have printers to use while here, for specific directions or just to print out your ticket home and avoid the wait at the airport. The abundance of restaurants that surround this neighborhood are many-and of all cuisines and price ranges. We offer a free breakfast foods of your choosing- so you can enjoy it on your schedule. We want our guests to feel at home. They can eat when they want- 24/7! Come and feel the difference of the personal touches and amenities offered, while enjoying your privacy that is very much respected.There are many rooms and areas to get to know other guests if that is preferred. Many friendships have been made here, by travelers from all over the world. But your room has everything needed to enjoy your privacy at any time. We are a large house, making us a more popular home when travelling with a family, group of friends or colleagues here at a convention. Why stay in a hotel room, when you can have an entire house at your disposal and the privacy that goes along with it-for much less $$?? Wherever you stay- welcome to the vibrant city of Guadalajara, and it's many surrounding towns! Enjoy your stay in the "pearl of the West" which is Guadalajara, Mexico! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Dickinson Guest House B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Dickinson Guest House B&B, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.