“Amazing property and owner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Venezuela

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guadalajara
Casa Venezuela
You added Casa Venezuela to your Saves list
Venezuela 459 | Colonia Americana, Guadalajara 44160, Mexico   |
Ranked #6 of 46 Guadalajara B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“Amazing property and owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

We were a little nervous as we were arriving much later than anticipated on 12/24/12 - Christmas Eve! We knew most everything would be closed for family celebrations and the fabulous owner, George had offered for us to join him and 2 other guests to dinner. We emailed him about our delay and told him not to hold up dinner...it was almost 10pm when we finally arrived.

George greeted us with open arms, long pours and amazing leftovers-truly an amazing welcome. I cannot express how grateful we were at that moment. He was so helpful in planning out our activities, telling us how to get around and where to eat/shop and just making sure we had everything we needed.

The breakfasts were amazing. The rooms/bedding/bathrooms – everything was great. The outdoor courtyard patio was super for everyone to have cocktails and hang out (uhm, quite late a couple nights) and the layout of the house is so perfect that you are never disturbing another guest. WiFi was easy to access anywhere on the property - and there are so many nooks/areas to hang out in if you need any privacy for work. The location is perfect - upscale, safe and walking distance to everything if you don't feel like venturing far though there are buses just down the street and taxis are inexpensive.

We really felt like we were staying at a very dear friend's home. This is where we will stay, without question, every time we go to Guadalajara - and with flights on Volaris from TJ and now direct from San Diego also, we anticipate it will be often.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

We arrived quite late on a Saturday night and were treated to a very warm welcome, with the host, George, providing us with a much needed stiff drink of fine Tequila. We awoke next morning to a fabulous (and copious) Mexican breakfast prepared by housekeeper and student of cuisine, Francisco - each day something different and always fantastic. George was a mine of information about Guadlajara and surrounding areas in the state of Jalisco. He even looked into internal flights for us and our every need was taken care of when it came to getting taxi's or even cancelling a hotel (I wasn't quite ready to road test my telephone Spanish). There is a delightful garden terrace where we whiled away a good deal of time and the house is superbly and very tastefully furnished with typical Mexican furnishings and art. The rooms are very comfortable and first rate. We loved Nawal the dog, who has a very sweet temperament. Forget a hotel, the level of service you get here is far superior.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We just got home from a trip to Guanajuato, stopping in Guadalajara for two nights and staying at the Casa Venezuela. We stayed in this Casa two years ago and were so happy for the opportunity to return.
George, the owner, is delightful, a character, and does anything he can to make you feel at home. His gourmet chef, Francisco, is charming (and talented) as well. He was kind enough to share one of his recipes for breakfast after telling him I had special dietary restrictions.
The three rooms and house are beautifully appointed with Mexican art, color, fresh flowers, plants, sitting areas and only blocks away from downtown Guadalajara. We walked to fine restaurants and local sights.

Room Tip: All three rooms are beautifully decorated in local art; we enjoyed the upstairs room and foyer to r...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

If go to Guadalajara, the place to stay is Casa Venezuela. From the initial greeting to the farewell I felt like I was at home. I will never stay anywhere else when I visit this great city.

This was my first time visiting Guadalajara and staying at a B&B. I usually stay in hotels when I travel. However, if all B&B’s are like this, I will never stay in a hotel again. The host and the staff go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and content. The site is quiet and minutes from all the attractions the city has to offer.

The place itself is colorful and spacious with various ornate and imaginative Mexican knickknacks strategically placed to make you feel like you are in an elegant Mexican home… which you are. The rooms are Mexican furnished but with American amenities. For example, I loved the waking up feeling like I was in an old hacienda but still being able to turn on my laptop and get my email wirelessly.

My room was supplied with amazing fresh flower arrangements. The morning coffee is strong and flavorful. The breakfasts can be served in the dining room but don't you dare have it there! Go and sit outside in the completely enclosed terrace lined with exotic plants and Mexican statues. That is where I had my coffee every day for it is a great way to start your day.

Joe C.
Providence, RI

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I had the wonderful fortune to stay at this delightful B&B. I have only excellent things to say about my stay. The owner was a fantastic host. The entire home was beautifully decorated and immaculately clean and the breakfast was so delicious.

We were given excellent recommendations of things to see and visit by the owner, Jorge. I wish I had planned to stay longer at this gem of a B&B and if I return to this city this is where I will stay. Casa Venezuela is a gem.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

From the first step into Casa Venezuela, my worries were left behind. It seems no detail is overlooked, from the decor to the comfy beds to the culinary adventures. We were more than comfortable. George, our host, was incredibly accommodating and made sure we had everything we needed. His knowledge of the places to see is on target. We felt and were safe, too. I cannot wait to return...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

My friend and I stayed at Casa Venezuela for 3 days in May 2011. George, the owner, and his chef (I forgot his name!) are good people and really care about their guests. George has a great personality. He is an American from Florida who has been in Guadalajara for a few years. The place reflects his refined taste. He was always available to answer questions and very friendly. His chef even volunteered to take us to the local market and refused to accept the money for a taxi back to the B&B.
The place was clean and bathroom was really nice! The water pressure was a little intense and the place can be a little dark. However, overall, I had a great stay. George also hooked me with a great driver for local sightseeing. However, on the last day we had to take the driver's car to the airport but the car had no air-conditioning and it was a very hot day. So the end was not that great but it was not George's fault. He made our trip memorable.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Casa Venezuela? Share your experiences!