“Not what I expected” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Camino Real Guadalajara Expo

Save Saved
You added Camino Real Guadalajara Expo to your Saves list
Camino Real Guadalajara Expo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda Mariano Otero 1326 | Col. San Diego Chapalita C.P., Guadalajara 44510, Mexico   |
Ranked #67 of 113 hotels in Guadalajara
Merida
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012 via mobile

I stayed hear because I had a basic trust in the Camino real brand but to my surprise this hotel does not have the same standarts and do have a high price

• Stayed February 2012

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Caution! Hotwire claims this is a 4 star hotel. This is not the case. Please take note.

The Hotel in General is not bad. But there was furniture missing in the room, and other amenities missing that make it a 3-3 1/2 star hotel at best!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Mexico City, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

The Camino Real Expo is virtually across the street from the Expo Guadalajara exhibition site. That is perhaps this hotel's only good quality. It looks fine from the lobby, but the picture changes when you go to your room. Both hard and soft furnishings are worn, with wooden surfaces clearly in need of refinishing. Many of the room's lighting fixtures - including reading lamps - did not work. In the bathroom there are insufficient and greying bath towels and a total absence of wash cloths.

The big problem, however, relates to room security. The door to my room did not lock/close easily and while I recognized this early on and pulled hard to make sure that I heard the click of the lock, house keeping staff did not do so and I returned to the room twice on different days to find the door unlocked. Nothing was lost; complaints to reception helped but that offered no real guarantee.
Guests are billed for drinking water and for internet connections. The restaurant is a grim place with overpriced Italian food.

A promised electronic copy of the official factura has never turned up, despite return trips to reception to inquire. There are too many other hotels in the vicinity for anyone to make the convenience of the Camino Real's location a determining factor.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
sacramento ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

I had read before that one prior person had their belongings stolen, in spite of great security. My safe was broken and I got cleaned out of my Christmas money, not once but twice. I reported it and they did nothing, other than the mangaer is not around and convinintly would return the day of my departure. Then another guest reported their ipod stolen. To get to the room you need to go past security, use a magnetic key and have all the time in the world. they went trough the closet, my clothes and the borken safe. They never fixed the safe and then returned for more money. In spite of leaving my nephew in charge, they refused to review the digital tapes to see who went in and when. AVOID THIS DEN OF THIEVES. I AM THE THIRD GUEST IN A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME. AN INSIDE JOB FOR SURE.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

We had to sit in reception for 3 hours because no rooms were available. We went to little tour for some malls and downtown. When I back to the hotel and they give us the room, the room were so cold and the air conditioner in the first room not working, I called to recepcionist and sent a facilities tech. but he cannot repair anything, the bath was clog!!! Defininelly I call to my traveler and request a new hotel but they sent me to another room (upgrade) is a little better but the air conditioner not working well.The carpets are very worn and need to be replacing, The walls are paper thin and you can clearly hear the conversation in the room next to you, The noise from the halls could be heard all night. The blow dryer in the bathroom worked for about 30 seconds before overheating. The Comunnication center is not open also the GYM is out for repair.

In general the service and facilities of the hotel needs to be improve. I don't back again to this Hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

We arrived at the hotel around 12:30 p.m. and were told by the front desk that we had to wait for a while because there were no rooms available at that moment. We waited at the lobby until the 2 rooms we reserved were available at around 4:30 p.m. Four hours of waiting!!! One of our colleagues took her one-and-a-half-year-old son with her on that trip. The poor little boy also had to wander around the lobby for four hours. The hotel staff didn't seem to care. They even asked us to pay fully before the rooms were available. We made a reservation for 2 rooms for 11 nights each, and the hotel required us to pay fully upon checking-in! Aren't we supposed to pay when we check out?

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

I travel to Guadlajara 4 times a year for business. This trip the two hotels I usually stay in Crown Plaza and Fiesta Americana, were not available at a reasonable rate, I book almost exclusively with Hotels.com. Because of its location I chose the Camino Real, Expo. Not a good decision.

The rooms are spacious, but sparsely furnished. The bed was comfortable. The carpets are very worn and need replacing, The walls are paper thin and you can clearly hear the conversation in the room next to you, The noise from the halls could be heard all night. At 8am the maid knocked on my door to offer cleaning, I checked after she left, I DID have the do not disturb sign on my door. The internet is a total rip off at $ 17.28 US per day.. Last nut not least the rooms lacked two things that make a 4 star hotel to me. 1) No in room safe 2 ) no robe or slippers

The food in the restaurant BICE, while reasonably priced but not of good quality. The adult beverages on the other hand were done very well.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to Camino Real Guadalajara Expo? Share your experiences!