“Perfect. And Attentive to Every Need” 5 of 5 stars

La Perla Boutique Bed & Breakfast
Prado 128 | Colonia Americana, Guadalajara 44160, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 46 Guadalajara B&B and Inns
Colorado
“Perfect. And Attentive to Every Need”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We arrived in Guadalajara with limited time, and an agenda that, in retrospect, was at the limit of feasibility. Lars personal attention, guidance, and suggestions were vital to our plans, and more importantly, his guidance was significant in making our experience of Guadalajara simply amazing. La Perla is a wonderfully restored property. The rooms are comfortable. The location is quiet and relaxed. Breakfast was fantastic and provided a time to talk. Lars helped us plan, and personally led us through the first days to enable us to get a sense of the city. There are many restaurants within walking distance that are just excellent. Overall our time spent at La Perla was a high point of our trip. Lars, thank you for all that you did for us.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Two friends and I took the three rooms in La Perla for our first trip to Guadalajara. We could not have been more delighted and thrilled. Lorenzo and Christobal were amazing hosts and took care of our every needs. Guadalajara is an exotic destination, and the folks at La Perla made sure we knew exactly where to go and how to get there. Lorenzo took us on a tour of the old city which was geared to us personally, so we were able to go back to the old city in our own time and see the sights that interested us. The gentlemen of La Perla made sure we knew how to get to the nightclubs which were in easy walking distance of the inn. Walking to restaurants, sights and nightlife is easy from La Perla, and we felt safe at any hour. To find such a warm, comfortable atmosphere with caring affable hosts was a real treat. I can not recommend La Perla highly enough, and I know I speak for my two traveling companions who were equally bowled over. Do yourself a favor and stay at La Perla

Room Tip: The "teatro" room is lovely with a generously apportioned bathroom
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Christopher and Lars took such amazing care of us from the moment we arrived. In all of my travel adventures, the people that I meet along the way are what makes a place memorable and unique, and these guys are friends that I am truly glad to have made. I learned so much from them about Guadalajara and Mexico, and was inspired by their personal story of how La Perla came to be. Their elegant palace feels so cozy and warm, thanks to the hard work and attention to detail of these most gracious hosts.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

La Perla is so unique and so beautiful. The place breathes history. The hosts, Lars and Christopher, will make you feel like family. They'll show you around, give you a little tour of Guadalajara, take you to their favorite restaurants, treat you to wine, make you great coffee, and will instantly become your best friends! No other place compares. They made our stay magical!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

It's hard to believe that two years have passed since my boyfriend and I last stayed at La Perla in Guadalajara--especially after revisiting the review we wrote on La Perla after our initial visit to Guadalajara.

After that first visit, I often wrestled with the notion whether Guadalajara was my favorite city in Mexico because it is a place that celebrates and nurtures creative people like me or if it's because I'm drawn to the warm, magnetic personalities of Lars and Christopher, the fabulous proprietors of La Perla.

As my inner debate rages on, what I can say is that I absolutely adore Lars and Chris. I love that they live their lives to their fullest. When I accompany them to their friend's bronze foundry and to a dinner at their local mom-and-pop taco joint, I start to understand why they treasure life in Guadalajara. Life has many layers and nuances, and Lars and Chris strike the ideal balance between opulence and simplicity. Their balanced approach to life has been the secret to Lars and Chris' success in the B&B world. They are very intuitive when it comes to the interests and needs of their guests--they know when to dial it down and when to raise the level. For example, Chris whipped up a cocktail party on the fly at La Perla for my female friends who accompanied my boyfriend and I on this last trip. And then Lars somehow remembered that I was keen on seeing the bronze foundry based on a conversation we had two years prior. How cool is that? I wanted to give Lars and Chris big hugs and slap gold stars on their foreheads for going above and beyond the call of duty. But more importantly, Lars and Chris are nice guys, who are kind and genuine, and that is why La Perla is a smashing success.

The biggest life lesson I learned from this latest visit to La Perla is to love the life I live, and live the life I love. Lars and Chris clearly love their lives in Guadalajara, and it's infectious! I'm grinning from ear-to-ear while typing my final words to this review. We hope to be back to La Perla many more times for years to come! We love life at La Perla!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed at La Perla for the first time last week, it was the most perfect little BnB I have ever encountered. The service was relaxed, the beds incredibly comfortable, the staff were friendly and I fell in love not only with the establishment but with a girl I met there. This was just an amazing trip facilitated by the wonderful hosts and the great location. Strongly recommend the restaurant 88! Thnk you guys from the bottom of my heart.

Room Tip: Get a room with a church view and balcony
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

If you are looking for a B&B that has charm and hosts that are caring, La Perla is the place for you. Lorenzo and Chris provide superlative service, whatever your needs are they have a suggestion or solution.

We are two seniors from California that were looking for some relaxation and that's what we got. On our first day Lorenzo and one of the young men that help out at the B&B, took us on a walking tour of the Downtown area. My wife was pushed in a wheelchair belonging to La Perla. I could go on and on, such care! Like when we took a carriage ride whose driver did not speak English, Lorenzo went with us. If you needed a taxi, somebody from the B&B would go out to the main street and bring it back.

Many of the locals are friends of Chris and Lorenzo and when they drop in you are invited to join in. This gives you some insights to life in Guadalajara. If you want to enjoy, go to La Perla.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Perla Boutique Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!