The Morales Hotel is Magnificent. If you want an authentic experience in a unique hotel, stay here. If you prefer cookie cutters, you know to choose the chain hotels. With the age and individuality of this hotel, there are bound to be a few minor inconveniences. The minuscule problems I encountered were greatly out shadowed by this amazing property. The courtyards are colorful and charming. The furnishings are fabulous and fantastic. The meals were marvelous. The location is in the very heart of the historic district with MANY diversions and options within easy walking distance, including the multi-lingual double decker bus tours located next to the Cathedral. A few staff members were bilingual, providing great assistance when needed. Particularly helpful, professional, fun, and informative were Nayely, Liliana, and Livier all at the front desk. If you're on a budget, try reserving this hotel on booking.com or trivago and you'll save even more money. On more of a budget? Take the airport shuttle van right outside the airport near the taxi que and you'll likely receive a private ride. This service drops you off less than two blocks from the hotel. Returning to the airport, do the same. Both services leave each direction on the hour and cost only 80 pesos ($6.50) each direction compared to 350 pesos. Very few American tourists were in the entire city, but should be if interested in culture, history, outstanding architecture, arts and an authentic experience. My only real complaint about the Morales is that it was difficult to get management to understand why they might want to match the above mentioned internet rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All rooms have Colonial Decoration & Architecture, T.V. with Cable and Remote Control, Free High-speed Internet access and/or wifi, Air Conditioning, Safe Box, Wood Floor, Electronic Lock, Coffee Maker with a free courtesy on the first night, Telephone, Wardrobe , Alarm clock, Iron & Ironing Board and Private Bathroom with Hairdryer and Vanity Mirror. We are happy to inform you that we have a CONCIERGE who can help you with just about anything you need: Car rental, restaurant reservations, information about the different tours or places to visit in Guadalajara, etc. His name is Manuel Mejia FACILITIES:guest's Parking, Restaurant, Swimming Pool, Gym, Room Service 24 hrs,Bar with live music Wednesday and Thursday from 19:00 to 22:00 , Panoramic Terrace, Meeting Rooms, Two Elevators, Business Center, Public Telephones, among other services. Historic & Colonial building under protection of I.N.A.H. (National Anthropology & History Board of Mexico). Artistic Heritage and Architectonical Jewel of this city, restored in 2005. Is is located 3 blocks away from Cathedral, Government Palaces and Degollado Theater. Do not forget to visit our web page where you will find everything about the fascinating Hotel Morales our History and our most distinguished guests ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Morales Historical & Colonial Downtown Core reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Morales Historical And Colonial Downtown Core
- Hotel Morales Guadalajara