“Great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aurea Hotel and Suites

You added Aurea Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Aurea Hotel and Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Lopez Mateos 3848 | Col. La Calma, Guadalajara 45070, Mexico (Formerly Hotel Suites Carolina)   |
Ranked #17 of 121 Hotels in Guadalajara
Dacula
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

We had 2 rooms for one week, and the hotel staff were so helpful and kind and there was always someone who could speak enough English! The grounds were neat and avacado trees were everywhere!! and the pool was clean and peaceful, and the house maids did a great job cleaning our rooms daily! We would definitly stay there again!! We had very personalized service!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Haledon, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was our first night stay when driving down to Mexico from the US. When planning our trip to Mexico I was more concerned with looking for a safe place to stay and for a hotel with private parking where I would have no problems leaving the car. Not only was the hotel safe but it was nice and staff very helpful and friendly. Room was nice and clean. Would definitely recommend it :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Bonita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I used to stay at another hotel by the expo and decided to give this one a try since I found that it was priced about the same as the other one (online). This hotel is great starting with the service up to the decoration of the room, it was really modern and the bed was great. There was always parking (free) as well. Free water, and coffee in my room (yes sounds like that's normal for a US hotel but not in Mexico!) Location is really central to many places.

Make sure to book online because I found out that I was saving at least $30.00 dollars per night.

will definitely come back to this hotel and will recommend to anybody no questions asked!

oh yeah one thing I didn't like was that housekeeping was knocking at every door to make sure your room was already clean. I guess it is a good thing but I was actually sleeping when this happen... other than that everything was great.

I would recommend to the housekeeping department to have a better system to know what rooms are clean and ready and which ones aren't.

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor and I had no problems at all
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sergio F
Clarkston, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed here one night upon the recommendation of another hotel clerk....this hotel is dog friendly, which is difficult to find in Guadalajara! The service was outstanding from the moment we arrived. We were escorted to our room, and the nice gentleman even offered to go to the store for us. A dog bed and doggie bags were provided for us. The room was new, clean, and comfortable. The grounds were very nice. We did not eat in the restaurant, but I looked in at breakfast time, and it was very nice. There is a small pool, a well-equipped gym, fire powered BBQ, and very nice lawn area. As has been said before, the hotel is a little distance from Plaza del Sol, but if you have a car! it is an easy drive.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeri K
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Part of the Hotel was re-builded 2 years ago, the rooms are big enough and so clean, you have peace, space and all the goodies that you need, the pool is medium size and cold! I was there only for a weekend and sincerely, I'll back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We have stayed here for just over a week in two separate visits and cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. It may not be in a convenient location for some visitors as it is about 30 minutes from the city centre but as we have friends in the area, it suited us. We stayed in a junior suite which was spacious and well appointed and excellent value for money. The staff were always good natured and gracious and tried hard to communicate, bearing in mind that we have no Spanish. The complimentary breakfast of fresh fruit, cereal, toast and pastries, juice, tea and coffee is more than adequate and a full breakfast is available for a minimal extra cost. It is quiet, peaceful and very clean. We will be staying here again as we continue to use Guadalajara as our base for our visit to Mexico.

Room Tip: The junior suite is very large with a huge bed and sofa, fridge, table and chairs and you might be l...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nice hotel, grounds, location. Only one male at the front desk was nice. I went at 4 p.m. to ask this girl for ice and she said the kitchen was only open for lunch and there was no ice at this time. She suggested I could walk to the pharmacy down the street to buy some. I then see the chef and asked him for ice, he was so nice he sent someone to buy it (for some reason the hotel doesn't have this technology...) and deliver it to the room. The rude front desk girl gave me a horrible look when she saw I could get ice after the kitchen was closed! The free continental breakfast is deceiving. They set all the breakfast items around the room, you start eating and then they say, only the cereal, and that bread, that fruit and only milk but not juice are included in the continental breakfast. It's a trap, I only had juice and some fruit and the poor ladies didn't know how to tell me some of the fruit or the juice wasn't included :(

Room Tip: We booked the Suite Diamond. The "suite" is one big room, not really a suite with separate...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family