“Clean but not the best rest...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Arborea Hotel

Save Saved
You added Arborea Hotel to your Saves list
Arborea Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Lopez Mateos Sur No. 265, Guadalajara 44520, Mexico (Formerly Hotel Del Bosque)   |
Ranked #66 of 113 Hotels in Guadalajara
Miami, Florida
“Clean but not the best rest...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a last minute trip to the Expoferretera (Guadalajara's hardware trade show). Picked it based on some reviews and location. But I think there a few things to keep in mind: This is more a Motel than a Hotel, facilities are clean and in ok condition, but not even close to other hotels nearby.
Usually has reasonable prices, but they are driven by the quality of the hotel. Also, keep in mind two things:
1) Train tracks about 50 ft away means you will hear the train going by quite often, so bring your earplugs
2) Because of the "motel like" (i.e. drive up to your room) seems to attract a different guest profile vs. your average hotel. Given the security situation on Mexico, it is something to keep in mind, together with the fact that as a "motel" layout there is less security between your room door and the street.

Room Tip: Bring your earplugs if you can't sleep with background noise
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Arborea H, Director Comercial at Arborea Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
We aprecciate for your comments about it.
In fact we recived different kind of customers, we are working with sports institutes, cultural offices, and companies who choose our hotel as a priority option.

About the train tracks, we had a meeting whit the federal offices, who take care about this situation, we hope that you accept our apologize.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I love the pool (though it could use a filter change; I watched them clean it, but it was not really clean) and the staff. The hard part is the train that passes by a few times a day (and night) but the hotel is a great value, the rooms are in good shape, I like the outdoor pool and the location is good.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear guest:

You are so kind to leave your opinion in this place, we thank you very much. We are taking some training programs for the personal who works in this hotel to increase the service that you have been recived and we have sent to the operations manager your recomendation about the way to clean the pool in order to improve it. It was a pleasure to have been chosen, for you in your visit to the city. We hope you will be here the next time you come to Guadalajara.

Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Overall a pleasant hotel but unfortunately the train comes by the hotel several times during the night and wakes you up. Really loud. The bathroom was ok, small. Room was good. Pool was nice but could be cleaner. The breakfast was not very good.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Arborea H, Director Comercial at Arborea Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear guest:

Thank you for staying in this hotel. It´s very important to us that you let us know your impressions. In fact it's a nice property, we recomend you to try the other types of room (Executive and Junior Suite), because they count with a different size of bathroom. We have talk to the maintenance manager about your observation to our pool. We have been changed the personal who makes the breakfast in the morning as result a good taste in the meals. It wil be a honor that you return to our facilities.

Our team appreciates your time spent.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011 via mobile

It's good in general but pool is freezing and next to hotel pass the train shaking all room and making a loud noise.

• Stayed August 2011
Dear guest:

Thank you very much for select our hotel and left your opinion, it's very useful for us. Our pool is outside and it's not climatized, probably you has been here on Winter, we really sorry you haven't known this before swiming but we have informed of this situation to the operations manager in order to let know this important information to all our guests. Regarding the train we are working on it with the local government.

Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

This hotel was a pleasant surprise. It was clean and relatively luxurious for the money. It has a nice restaurant and pool. The staff was very friendly. It has free Wi-Fi all over the hotel. The only downside is that it has train tracks VERY close to it. They were probably only 15 yards from my room. There were probably six freight trains per night that would come through, and it can be very loud when they blow their horn. That being said, they rarely woke me up. I loved the place!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
We are very greatful for your aweasome opinion because in each one of the hotel areas the personal t's given their best effort, and absoluty satisfaction and those actions became in a good recomendation.

We are also taking actions to the environment because now we are an ecological hotel. We'll glad to see you and be my guest again.

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

we called in for extra towels and it was delivered immediately with a smile. We just knew we were going to enjoy our stay at the hotel and we did. The cleanliness was excellent and I would definitely stay there again on our next trip!

Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
We are so glad and happy to read those opinions because is our final goal that you feel satisfaction and warm service from us. We sent that opinión to the general manager and all our staff.

We´ll be waiting for you in your next stay.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

I decided to stay at this hotel because it is near a friend's home. I signed in on May 22nd, 2009 and checked out on May 24th. After signing in I went about my business. I returned to the hotel for the rest of the day at about 12:30 at nighgt. I was getting ready to take a shower and to my surprise there was no hot water (room #144). I went to the lobby of the hotel and complained about the issue and one of employee went to check why hot water was not running from the faucet/shower. He eventualy said it was a matter of minutes and that the system that provides hot water was up and running. Well, as a precaution I made sure that the employee checked for himself to make sure that in a few minutes hot water would be running. THE EMPLOYEE SPENT MORE THAN ONE HOUR AND STILL THERE WAS NO HOT WATER RUNNING. He then spoke to the person at the front desk of the hotel who asked me to move to another room (a suite I imagine) and he said that water should be ok in this room (room #110) . I had the same problem there too: NO HOT WATER. and I just decided to take a cold shower and not upset my daughter who was traveling with me and turned in for the night. The following day I complained to a lady named Claudia or Cristina. She seemed to be in charge at the time. I told her about the incident and asked to be given credit or a discount for the mentioned incident. She said that since I had been changed from a regular room to a suite the hotel had no more obligation and that services had been rendered. I was stunned. I had not been able to take a hot shower and I could care less if I was in a suite or not She also added that I had been compensated with what they call American style breakfast. That was a total dishonest statement since I clearly remember that at check in I asked what the price of the hotel room included and clearly the person at the desk said "American style breakfast" which is what me and my daughter had. I still expect to be compensated and receive an apology from the hotel management. Can you believe this business practices? There is no guarantee that you will get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2009
Dear Vackimes:

We apreciate about your comments in this sitution. We felt embarrased because is not usually that happens. We all ready talk to the maintenance manager and check every bathroom in the room that you stayed and we verified that the hot water comes in the best way. We are taking a new rules in our service structure and our comitment that it's not will happend again. For your next trip we also verifie a extra bonnus or courtesy that we'll before giving to you.

Sincerely.

Been to Arborea Hotel? Share your experiences!