“Awesome service, less than quiet location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Arborea Hotel

You added Arborea Hotel to your Saves list
Arborea Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Lopez Mateos Sur No. 265, Guadalajara 44520, Mexico (Formerly Hotel Del Bosque)   |
Ranked #69 of 115 Hotels in Guadalajara
Stamford, Connecticut
“Awesome service, less than quiet location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I love the pool (though it could use a filter change; I watched them clean it, but it was not really clean) and the staff. The hard part is the train that passes by a few times a day (and night) but the hotel is a great value, the rooms are in good shape, I like the outdoor pool and the location is good.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Arborea H, Director Comercial at Arborea Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear guest:

You are so kind to leave your opinion in this place, we thank you very much. We are taking some training programs for the personal who works in this hotel to increase the service that you have been recived and we have sent to the operations manager your recomendation about the way to clean the pool in order to improve it. It was a pleasure to have been chosen, for you in your visit to the city. We hope you will be here the next time you come to Guadalajara.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Overall a pleasant hotel but unfortunately the train comes by the hotel several times during the night and wakes you up. Really loud. The bathroom was ok, small. Room was good. Pool was nice but could be cleaner. The breakfast was not very good.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Arborea H, Director Comercial at Arborea Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear guest:

Thank you for staying in this hotel. It´s very important to us that you let us know your impressions. In fact it's a nice property, we recomend you to try the other types of room (Executive and Junior Suite), because they count with a different size of bathroom. We have talk to the maintenance manager about your observation to our pool. We have been changed the personal who makes the breakfast in the morning as result a good taste in the meals. It wil be a honor that you return to our facilities.

Our team appreciates your time spent.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011 via mobile

It's good in general but pool is freezing and next to hotel pass the train shaking all room and making a loud noise.

• Stayed August 2011
Dear guest:

Thank you very much for select our hotel and left your opinion, it's very useful for us. Our pool is outside and it's not climatized, probably you has been here on Winter, we really sorry you haven't known this before swiming but we have informed of this situation to the operations manager in order to let know this important information to all our guests. Regarding the train we are working on it with the local government.

Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

This hotel was a pleasant surprise. It was clean and relatively luxurious for the money. It has a nice restaurant and pool. The staff was very friendly. It has free Wi-Fi all over the hotel. The only downside is that it has train tracks VERY close to it. They were probably only 15 yards from my room. There were probably six freight trains per night that would come through, and it can be very loud when they blow their horn. That being said, they rarely woke me up. I loved the place!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
We are very greatful for your aweasome opinion because in each one of the hotel areas the personal t's given their best effort, and absoluty satisfaction and those actions became in a good recomendation.

We are also taking actions to the environment because now we are an ecological hotel. We'll glad to see you and be my guest again.

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

we called in for extra towels and it was delivered immediately with a smile. We just knew we were going to enjoy our stay at the hotel and we did. The cleanliness was excellent and I would definitely stay there again on our next trip!

Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
We are so glad and happy to read those opinions because is our final goal that you feel satisfaction and warm service from us. We sent that opinión to the general manager and all our staff.

We´ll be waiting for you in your next stay.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

I decided to stay at this hotel because it is near a friend's home. I signed in on May 22nd, 2009 and checked out on May 24th. After signing in I went about my business. I returned to the hotel for the rest of the day at about 12:30 at nighgt. I was getting ready to take a shower and to my surprise there was no hot water (room #144). I went to the lobby of the hotel and complained about the issue and one of employee went to check why hot water was not running from the faucet/shower. He eventualy said it was a matter of minutes and that the system that provides hot water was up and running. Well, as a precaution I made sure that the employee checked for himself to make sure that in a few minutes hot water would be running. THE EMPLOYEE SPENT MORE THAN ONE HOUR AND STILL THERE WAS NO HOT WATER RUNNING. He then spoke to the person at the front desk of the hotel who asked me to move to another room (a suite I imagine) and he said that water should be ok in this room (room #110) . I had the same problem there too: NO HOT WATER. and I just decided to take a cold shower and not upset my daughter who was traveling with me and turned in for the night. The following day I complained to a lady named Claudia or Cristina. She seemed to be in charge at the time. I told her about the incident and asked to be given credit or a discount for the mentioned incident. She said that since I had been changed from a regular room to a suite the hotel had no more obligation and that services had been rendered. I was stunned. I had not been able to take a hot shower and I could care less if I was in a suite or not She also added that I had been compensated with what they call American style breakfast. That was a total dishonest statement since I clearly remember that at check in I asked what the price of the hotel room included and clearly the person at the desk said "American style breakfast" which is what me and my daughter had. I still expect to be compensated and receive an apology from the hotel management. Can you believe this business practices? There is no guarantee that you will get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2009
Dear Vackimes:

We apreciate about your comments in this sitution. We felt embarrased because is not usually that happens. We all ready talk to the maintenance manager and check every bathroom in the room that you stayed and we verified that the hot water comes in the best way. We are taking a new rules in our service structure and our comitment that it's not will happend again. For your next trip we also verifie a extra bonnus or courtesy that we'll before giving to you.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2006

We arrived at the Hotel Del Bosque on Monday, and switched hotels on Wednesday.

Our assigned room, (242) smelled very musky, but we thought we'd adjust...all we wanted was a shower after traveling all night, however, there were NO towels anywhere. The nightstand clock, the light in the bathroom, and the hair dryer did not work. We had to open the door to air the room out, but it still gave me a headache. We contacted the desk staff to get some towels. They seemed to be surprised that there were no towels. I also told them that the clock did not work, nor did the light. They brought us some towels and a staff person, Carlos, arranged for someone to look at the light and clock.

We determined that we could not adjust to the strong musky smell so we asked to switch rooms. Room 241 smelled much better, had a working clock and lights, but no hairdryer. Of note, staff continued to "air out" room 242 all day. My headache went away and we were okay with the room. However, the "bad" news doesn't end there...

I would say that the hotel sits right on the train tracks, if I didn't know any better. The screeching train went right through our room at 12:30 a.m., 5:30 a.m., 7:30 a.m. and several times throughout the day. We also had some noisy neighbors who we could hear through the paper thin walls...oh, and the floor shakes! Yes, the floor actually shakes - we never did figure out why it was shaking, but it was comparable to having restless leg snydrome while sitting in the chair. It was weird. It shook even when the trains were not coming by. It may have been the traffic?

Our decision to change hotels came early and we would have moved after one night, but we missed the check out time. Additionally, the hotel desk staff were unfriendly and not helpful at all. They could not provide us with any visitor information except some vague map of the city. The restaurant food was less than mediocre. There was nothing of interest within walking distance. The pool was very cold and there were many tree droppings in the water, despite the staff's efforts to keep it clean.

The price was $880 pesos/night (approximately $88) and very over priced. I would say that the only helpful staff person we identified was Carlos. He helped us get a taxi, attend to the room issue, assisted us with our luggage, and exchanged our dollars into pesos.

There were a few good things about Hotel Del Bosque... The grounds were well-maintained, as they had beautiful plants, lots of shade, and comfortable patio furniture. They watered their grass and garden areas and it was beautiful and peaceful (until the train went by). There was a gazebo in the garden that was nice as well. The air conditioning worked well in our room. The buses run nearby, if you know where you're going. Some of the staff speak English and Spanish and the restaurant staff seemed pleasant enough. There is a small gym available next to the pool. The pool looked nice, but was just cold, probably due to so much shade, and had the tree droppings in the water, which was inevitable. They claimed that their water was potable/drinkable. We received one bottle of water per day with the room.

We asked a Guadalajara friend of ours about other hotels in the area and were told we were paying too much and we checked out some other options. We may have stuck it out if the the service would have been better, but I would not recommend this hotel, nor will I be back to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2006
Arborea H, Director Comercial at Arborea Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
We apreciate for your comments, we are very sorry about the service that you refered. We talk with the división rooms manager and her stok of towels it will be full every day and also we spoke with the maintenance manager and he changed nightstand clock and he check the hair dyer too.

We all ready spoke with the train authority as you said we are agree with you, the government told us that they are still working about that inconvinient situation. For the new remodeling rooms architect will work about to put doublé enfforcement on the walls.

We are taking actions with the general manager about the personal who works on the front desk and the restaurant. For the former experience the service at the front desk an the restaurant is raising up and shows an other face to the customers. At these moment the hotel counts with the free shuttle service to the main malls on Guadalajara and also we cout with the free transportation to the Guadalajara down town because our location is in the hard center of the city. In fact our pool is not climatized because the weather in Guadalajara is warm almost all the year. As regular the maintenance department is cleaning again and again, is easi that the tree droppings are falling usually because as you saw the hotel's pool is sorouded by big trees.

If you could see all hotels in this area it couts with a similar rates, for that reason is not over the price. We all ready sent your positive comments to Carlos and we are glad that his actitud promote your positive opinión.

The grouds are taking care for a good gardeners and all the things that you said it will be transmited to the all personal areas by the general manager. At the moment we haven't a gym in our facilities we coutn with a free pass to one of the closed gyms in this area and for extra benefit we'll give you a 30 minuts massage in the hotel's SPA.

Thanks again for your opinion but make sure that we are taking actions in every area that it had some regular service.

Sincerely.

Been to Arborea Hotel? Share your experiences!