“Cool hotel in Guadalajara” 5 of 5 stars
Review of LA FE Hotel and Arts

You added LA FE Hotel and Arts to your Saves list
LA FE Hotel and Arts
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   General San Martin 123 | Colonia Americana, Guadalajara 44160, Mexico   |
Special Rate
Summer Savings!!
Ranked #6 of 115 Hotels in Guadalajara
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
“Cool hotel in Guadalajara”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

As a mexican I think this is the new way to travel to get to know our country's culture a little more.

I stayed there with my family and it was great, we stayed at the suite Orozco (all rooms are named after an artist from Jalisco) the sofa-bed was comfortable but the bed was heaven! The staff is incredibly helpful, they are all young, respectful and friendly. My wife was delighted with their soaps, they are organic and smell great.
Breakfast was free and just what we needed to get going.
Only one bad thing: they need to get a printer so you print boarding passes or important papers, we had never been in a hotel that didn't have one.
I would definitely come back and I can't wait to do so.

Room Tip: Orozco is great if you travel with your family or as a couple, not so much a single traveler.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jeff C, Owner at LA FE Hotel and Arts, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and for the kind words. We want all of our guests to have an excellent experience while staying with us. We've taken note of your comment about the printer and will have one installed quickly. Thanks for pointing that out. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Guadalajara. Saludos!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed in this place at the end of June 2014 and really enjoyed our stay, the bed it's very nice, clean rooms, quiet place, I recomend the Galindo room it's next to the patio on the second floor, first room to the right at the end of the stairs, the breakfast was nice and what I love the best was the Location, near everything, lots of restaurants, cafes, bars 24hrs convenience stores, just perfect!!! And I would like to mention that

Room Tip: Galindo it's great, Lola it's nice but noisy when break fast but it does have a very good in...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff C, Owner at LA FE Hotel and Arts, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Andrea, thanks so much for staying with us at LA FE Hotel and Arts. All feedback is valuable to us whether good or bad but it sure is nice to hear when we're doing things right. Please come back soon and we'll have your favorite room ready. Saludos!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We came here after a horrible night at another hotel. For the price, it's everything you need in a nice safe area of town, not very loud and we were closest to the street. Working ac but water didn't have much pressure. Bed was comfortable and was plenty dark in the mornings. Very nice, helpful staff and the place is close to the main tourist bar areas.

• Stayed June 2014
Jeff C, Owner at LA FE Hotel and Arts, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thanks Bryan, we're glad you found us and truly appreciate the feedback. Hope to see you again on your next visit to Guadalajara. Saludos!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The location is perfect, very walk-able, and it's quiet at night despite being in the middle of things. Restaurants are plentiful nearby, and there's lots of touristy stuff a further walk to the east (30 minutes walk with plenty to see along the way). The staff were very helpful (thank you so much Maria Elena especially!) and were able to help us arrange a tour of Tequila and our bus trip to Puerto Vallarta. We're very happy that we chose to stay in this location - we spent a lot of time walking and exploring the neighborhoods around the hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs, I believe in the Rulfo... There's a small patio overlooking the street.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff C, Owner at LA FE Hotel and Arts, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Muchas gracias Alex for staying with us and for the kind words. Our staff works very hard to ensure guests a great stay at LA FE and we are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us. Please come back soon for another adventure. Saludos!
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We (couple) stayed at the "Suite Orozco" for 5 nights and enjoyed it very much. Nice tiles, furniture and decoration make this tiny hotel unique. Only the water pumps was kind of noisy whenever guests used water. Other than that it was perfect, I would definitely stay there again, dozens of cafes, restaurants and bars are only a few minutes away, yet you can't hear noise.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff C, Owner at LA FE Hotel and Arts, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Hola Rafa and thanks so much for staying with us during your trip to Guadalajara. We truly appreciate your kind words and have recently replaced that water pump. It seems there is always something to repair in the old houses but we love the charm and character of this beautiful house so we'll continue to keep massaging her into shape. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip. Saludos!
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

It is a very nice little place to stay at, you feel as if you were at home, and the staff is very nice, it is in a great location, near dowtown and to a lot of places to eat or just to have coffe, very near to Chapultepec street, where there are a lot of nice places.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jeff C, Owner at LA FE Hotel and Arts, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback on our business. We certainly enjoyed having you as a guest and hope to see you on your next visit to Guadalajara.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

First of all, this Hotel has some unique qualities that some other comparable ones in the area do not have:

1. Excellent location.
2. Excellent location.
3. Superb staff.
4. Comfort.
5. Priced right.

I found this jewel through their website a couple of weeks before traveling from San Diego to Guadalajara to visit my Mom who lives in the Colonia Americana area (a few blocks away from this hotel). I usually stay at a friend's house nearby but he had family visiting so I had to go find a room. This proved to be an excellent choice. The owner was taking care of some stuff at the front desk when I arrived and he introduced himself, greeted me and gave me a quick tour of the hotel. It's a quaint property, built probably around the 60's but retrofitted with up-to-date comforts, still keeping the vintage feel. It has about six rooms and a double studio on the back which is ideal for a small family visiting town. It serves as a small art gallery and I think that they host small events every once in a while. It was not too busy and I barely saw any of the other guests coming in or out during the day. Feels really private and quiet. Just perfect.

I stayed at the "Lola" room on the back, which had a window to the interior garden, it was quiet, with a good bed, small flat panel TV, strong WiFi signal, a small bathroom and its own AC unit. Then, the owner gave me a free upgrade to whatever room I wanted to use, so I went upstairs to the "Moncayo" suite. This one had a very nice remodeled restroom and the room was quiet too, even though it was closer to the street.

The staff is friendly and knows the area really well, so this can be helpful for any newcomers to this cosmopolitan city.

The hotel is in the middle of the best area (in my opinion) of the city, a few blocks from Paseo Chapultepec. It's at the corner of Lopez Cotilla, which is a looong street full of bars and restaurants; it runs parallel to Avenida Vallarta, which connects the city from La Minerva, all the way to the Omnilife Stadium, and on the way back, to the zona Centro. So many things to do and places to visit! There's a video bar next door called "El Muro" ("The Wall"), which closes at 3 AM, so it's perfect for a good nightcap. In the AM you can try the continental breakfast at the hotel or just walk outside, turn right and go to "Romerito", a small restaurant with typical mexican breakfasts, good and inexpensive.

Ideal as a base of operations for your next trip to discover Guadalajara. Try this hotel. I'm sure you'll like it as much as I did.

NOTE: It doesn't have a fitness center (or if it does, I didn't use it, so disregard my five stars or circles on that score... it would be NA).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jeff C, Owner at LA FE Hotel and Arts, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and for the kind words. It's important for us to receive feedback, whether good or bad, as we are constantly trying to improve our level of service and guest comfort. Incidentally our house was built in the 1930's and we have seven rooms in total. Since your mother is here in Guadalajara we expect to see you again soon!

Saludos!

Been to LA FE Hotel and Arts? Share your experiences!