“Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn by Hilton Guadalajara/Expo

You added Hampton Inn by Hilton Guadalajara/Expo to your Saves list
Hampton Inn by Hilton Guadalajara/Expo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. De las Rosas No. 3030 & Av. Lope, Guadalajara 44500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Regional Museum Package
Ranked #7 of 114 Hotels in Guadalajara
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Front desk staff speak very good English. Rooms very pleasant and bed super comfy. No restaurant onsite. Only a choice of one restaurant and one deli suggested by staff - none of which appealed to us. We did discover later that there are more restaurants down towards the bridge all within walking distance. Also a supermarket next door. Free beer available from 6pm till 8pm at bar in lobby also free newspapers (Spanish and English) Breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Torre C, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Guadalajara/Expo, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel.

We work everyday to give you the best facilities and of course the best service that is the reason that I want to thank you, hoping you can back here to your home Hampton Inn by Hilton Guadalajara Expo and you could please stop by and say hello.

Juan Carlos Mondragon C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Heusden-Zolder, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I spent 2 weeks in the Hampton Inn. The hotel is ideal placed for my needs. When you enter you first notice that the lobby counter is on the right side also the bar counter and on the left side a small shop. Check inn goes smoothly and the staff is very supportive. The elevator needs a room card to function. I have been in the normal rooms and in the master suite. Both rooms are good, spicy enough. The beds are fantastic. One downside: The airco units are loud... very loud.
The master suite is bigger and has a small kitchen. Ideal for jetlag victims
The hotel serves breakfast, and this is the biggest downside of the hotel. You have to take your breakfast more or less in the lobby. A bit cold to my liking. But the biggest problem is the breakfast buffet. This is way below the quality you expect from a hotel like this. There is very little choice and it is every day the same. If you like eggs, I hope you like scrambled eggs because that is what you get every day.
I have already book my next stay due to the fantastic beds.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel.
We work everyday to give you the best facilities and of course the best service, that is the reason that your opinion is really important to us.
I hope you can back here to your home Hampton Inn by Hilton Guadalajara Expo and you could please stop by and say hello.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

this is a relatively new hotel, very close to the Expo area. 10min walk fro the GDL Expo center; an excellent option for expo visits Great cost/benefit relationship. The staff is very friendly and willing to help.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel, of course I´m very happy to know that you could enjoy our service, location and comfort, but above of all I´m happy to hear that our teammates make you felt so good.

Let me tell you that in the next meeting that we will have with all of the hotel employees I will do a wide greeting to them.

Hope that next time that you stay at the Hampton Inn by Hilton Guadalajara Expo, you could please stop by and say hello.

san antonio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This Hampton has a great staff. They actually look for ways to help out and go out of their way to make sure you are happy. I used to stay at the Hitlon EXpo but this hotel has a better staff. parking garage a little tricky but its free. Great location near lazaro Cardenas, plaz del sol w a supermarket next door.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

InverHoteles, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn by Hilton Guadalajara/Expo, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
We appreciate all your comments, we are very happy that you chose us as your best option.
We are at your service.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I was in Guadalajara on business and stayed at the Hampton Inn in Chapalita by the Expo center because it was near my meetings. I extended my stay for a few days to do some sightseeing and my wife joined me for that, so this was a combination work / tourism stay. At first I was a bit disappointed to be placed here because it is a bit far from the downtown historic district, I thought it would make the sightseeing inconvenient. This was not the case.

On our first day we took a taxi to Plaza de la Libertad. This took about 15 minutes and 80 pesos (and of course there was the return trip a the end of the day, too). But there really is only a about a day’s worth of sightseeing to do in the “centro historico”. So the next day, we went to Tlaquepaque, which was about 20 minutes, 100 pesos from the Hampton Inn and it would have been that much from the downtown historic district. Same goes for our third day when we went to Zapopan. In other words, the sightseeing in Guadalajara is pretty spread-out so no matter where you stay you are going to be taking a few taxi rides (and if we had gone on one of the tequila tours outside the city that would have been even more the case).

That said, I found the Hampton Inn Expo Center to be a great hotel and I would gladly stay here again. The staff spoke great English, the rooms were very clean, the wireless internet was reliable and the breakfast bar was pretty good. We also got a few free rides in the hotel shuttle bus to our sightseeing destinations, which was nice. In addition, I had some work related problems arise during my stay and asked the staff for assistance in getting some documents printed and they pitched in and got it taken care of. Then I needed a hand packing some artwork I had bought and they hunted for packing materials in the back and came up with what I needed. And so on. I have stayed at more prestigious luxury properties elsewhere in the world and not received this level of assistance. Here they were just very good natured and enthusiastic about helping.

And I wound up really liking the location. It is right across the street from Soriana, a full service American style super market that is open 24 hours a day (and it has an ATM). That was very convenient. If you go out of the hotel and turn right and walk down De La Rosas a few blocks you hit Tepeyac and on the corner is a Hagen Dazs. Make a left and you will find all sorts of nice places to eat. And if you keep on going on De La Rosas, you will hit the rotary where there are more nice places to eat. The Hampton Shuttle can get you down there in five minutes. And its pretty safe, we walked down De La Rosas every evening and never felt like it was risky. Chapalita is simply a nice residential neighborhood with a laid back vibe. I would recommend staying here even if you are in town just for sightseeing.

Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The hotel was clean and the room was very spacious. Breakfast left a bit too be desired. The gym was well equipped and the free WiFi was nice albeit a bit slow! The personnel at the front desk were either very friendly and accommodating or just rude and unhelpful. There are not many restaurants close by and the hotel only serves breakfast. Taxis are easy to get however and are reasonably inexpensive. There are two grocery stores within the same block of the hotel and the room came with a small refrigerator. The expo center is only a ten minute walk if your business takes you there.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Great and attentive employees, both at front desk and breakfast - we got in late on Thursday and get got recommendations for Dinner. This hotel offers complimentary Happy Hour every day! and has a great selection for breakfast including several hot items.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn by Hilton Guadalajara/Expo? Share your experiences!