“Viva Mexico” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara

Save Saved
You added Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara to your Saves list
Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Lopez Mateos and Moctezuma | crossing the street you will find Mall Plaza del Sol, Guadalajara 45050, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #25 of 114 Hotels in Guadalajara
Bangalore, India
“Viva Mexico”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

I stayed at the Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara for a week in September 2010. It was a decent hotel. Nothing much to write home about except that for the price it was pretty good. I stayed in a room on the 10th floor which had a great view of the sunrise behind some small hills in the backdrop. Room very clean & neat. Usual hotel, nothing out of the ordinary but again, for the price it was good.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

This is the second time I have stayed at the Presidente, and this time I had much more pleasant experience. I bought the $30 "upgrade package" on this visit, and was given a really great corner room! There were floor-to-ceiling windows on three sides, so the room had great light and a nice view. Bathroom was large and pretty luxurious with a jacuzzi tub and separate shower.

Maybe the best part about the room was that it was separated from all the noise - from the parties downstairs and from the elevator that dings all night long! That along with the comfortable bed allowed me to have a great night sleep.

Restaurant and bar are decent, but pricey. Also, stay away from the Mariachi place that the hotel inevitably recommends - Hacienda Canelos. It looks great - outdoor garden type atmosphere - but the service is slow and the food is horrendous.

Staff is helpful and courteous - overall very good business hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

Internet you have to pay daily, yet more often then not, its down time
Problems with safe from checked in.. waited 2hours, after 4 phone calls before anyone come up and that took him 30mins to solve.. and this is immediately after checking in, after 10hours of fight.. you think they serves you better.. or even give you a free cocktail.. NOTHING!
Every piece of paper printing we have to pay..despite booking their conference business room, and coffee and cakes for our meetings.. not even a complimentary ballpen!!!
Staff for a 5star hotel, you expect all can speak english.. not the case. and more often passed on from one person to another
2 positive to say about this hotel: The spa is FANTASTIC.. thank god for that
and the room was very roomy and beautiful views, and across great shopping complex.
With more better training, this hotel can be great. So its not all lost. But would be nice if they compensated even a free breakfast or a free cocktail for the stress this hotel gave me. Oh and when one of my colleague from Mexico came to visit us, they wont let him up our room. Unknown to us, he was made to wait in the lobby lounge.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Quebradillas, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

My wife and I went to the Intercontinental in Guadalajara for a nights getaway. The Hotel is fabulous, clean and and the rooms spacious. The Hotel also has a great bar and restaurant. I booked for a Club room with all the amenities. The web site advertises "Dinner snacks, Complimentary Drink"s", Free Morning Paper Delivered to the Room, Separate Check in area, Turndown service and Complimentary Continental Breakfast." We didnt receive a morning paper,nor the turndown service. The Dinner snacks were limited, you had to ask for the hot ones, and the complimentary drinks (plural) turned out to be "One Cocktail" which they prepare for you and you have no choice of cocktails. They should change their advertising to "complimentary cocktail of the day" rather than the plural "drinks". This is very different from other Intercontinental Hotels I have been to in the past. The continental breakfast was very good. Not sure the Club is entirely worth it if you cant enjoy a couple of cocktails of your choice before going to dinner. In saying the above, I would recommend the hotel and the rooms are great as well as the bar and restaurant and the location is good.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

I'll try to prevent myself from writing a novel, but I feel compelled to express my thanks to the staff at this hotel. To be honest, the trip started in disaster. Yet the hotel Management and Staff did everything possible to make my stay a memorable one.

I usually stay at the Hilton Expo about 1 1/2 miles away. I was booked at the Intercontinental for two weeks in October due to lack of availability at the Hilton. The Presidente Intercontinental is in a much better location for shopping and transport and the bar/wait staff had always been good when I would visit for dinner or drinks at night with colleagues who were staying there. I also needed just a few nights to acheive Platinum status with ICH Priority Club so I thought "what the heck". The rate I was quoted was farily high (249.00) for a standard room, but due to major events in GDL it was to be expected.

I won't go into all the details. Let's just say the first night of my stay was a nightmare. I contacted ICH Priority Club Rewards via the internet and expressed my displeasure in an honest yet fairly insensitive way. The next night there was a letter in my room asking me to come downstairs and speak with the Manager. I went down and received an apology from the front desk and they asked if I would like to have another room for the duration of my stay. I agreed and was presented with a key to a magnificent room on the top floor (23rd). Simply put, it was sick (in a good way). The service I received throughout my 12 nights was incredible and the hotel was in tip top condition. I really appreciate it and have passed this information to my company which books hundreds of nights a year in the GDL area.

I still feel you can't go wrong with the Hilton, and I would stay there again. But for my money the Presidente is worth the few extra bucks. Close to shopping, restaurants, casinos, etc. Great staff with admirable English. Decent restaurants and shops. 24 Hour room service. A Spa. Everything you need for a great stay in Guadalajara.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Boulder, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

It took about 40 minutes to check in, desk staff were rude and unhelpful the entire week. Their website boasts a "24 hour" fitness center, but the fitness center hours are 5:30 - 9:00. I asked permission to work out early before staying there - they said "no problem". The first morning they let me into the center, the second morning they said they changed their policy. Despite me reminding them they stated "24 hours" and assured me it would be OK to work out earlier. So the second morning, I exercised on the bike IN THE DARK! Yes, in the dark, because they would not turn the lights on. The rooms have irons, but no ironing boards. I'm a priority club platinum/gold member, but no acknowledgement of this fact. Internet service costs 100 pesos per day and did not work the first two days...Don't ruin your stay in Guadalajara by using this hotel....

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
IntercontinentalGDL, kathy_altamirano@interconti.com at Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara, responded to this review, December 23, 2010
Dear Mr or Ms.

Thank you for share your experience. We appreciate the time you have taken to bring this matter to our attention and allowing us the opportunity to address your concerns.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced as a result of slow check in, the Fitness Center poor condition and the unhelpful front office staff. We are very sorry that our new cardio center did not meet your expectations. This new concept came with the latest renovation and unfortunately we have not been able to change the web site information.

InterContinental Hotels Group prides itself on the highest degree of customer satisfaction. We have fallen short of your expectations on this occasion, which is of great concern to us. Please be assured a record of this report will be maintained in the corporate office as well for consideration upon standards evaluation for this specific property.

In addition, Mr. Gustavo Staufert general manager is taking care of the follow up with the Fitness Center new administration. We are confident they will take the appropriate steps to ensure a similar situation will not occur again.

Once again, please accept our extended apologies.

Kathy Altamirano
General Manager Assistant
Presidente Intercontinental Guadalajara
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

I spent one night with my family in this hotel. I got a very good deal with advance purchase on their website, so the price was great- 90$ for a two double beds room.
The room is very moderns, very clean, nice amenities and furniture. The mimibar was well appointed, good AC. The only minuses are that somehow the room and bathroom are a little bit small in respect to other 5star hotel rooms, anyway much bigger than in Europe.
The food was great too: very good saturday brunch with varied international cuisine at only 20$ per person. Another plus for me was the coffee: authentic italian espresso at the bar.
Internet was not free not even in the lobby or pool. We tried the pool too though it was kind of a cold water in it.
Parking place is for like 4$ per night.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara? Share your experiences!