“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara

Save Saved
You added Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara to your Saves list
Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Lopez Mateos and Moctezuma | crossing the street you will find Mall Plaza del Sol, Guadalajara 45050, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 110 hotels in Guadalajara
Birmingham, Michigan, United States
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

All the amenities you expect for a top of the line hotel. I liked the fact that is across the street from a mall so after work you can go do some local shopping and people watch.
Breakfast is also very good.
I have seen a pool which didn't look anything special but I actually never used it the couple of time I have stayed there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

222 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Great Hotel, very Nice room and a outstanding breakfast buffet. Huge variety of fruits omelette is made up on request at the show kitchen.

I stayed on level 22 and had a beautiful room. The only thing not perfect was the shower that changes it's temperature multiple times during the shower :)

Other than the shower. Perfect hotel to a very reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2013
Guatemala City, Guatemala, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed at a suite in the 20th floor or 21st I cant remember but the vie was wonderful and the room so comfortable with a large shower where I spent a lot of time after being in Guadalajara city. The Hotel is very close to the exclusive area of Zapopan and close to many restaurants and bars if you want to have night fun. I completely recommend this hotel even if is just for a business trip or a long stay in Guadalajara.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Port Moody
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed last week from Sunday to Thursday and it was perfectly fine. I spent a little extra to upgrade to a Jr. Suite in the Executive area (room 1701) and it was bright and modern and well worth the minor upgrade charge per night. Large master with TV, very big bathroom with a huge soaker tub, a large walk-in Shower with two shower heads and a large closet. There was a separate living room and big desk to work at. My bed had lots of plugins for my electronics. The decor was white with a splash of colour. I faced west and could see a beautiful sunset each night. Bed was comfy and they even brought the requested foam pillows. The secret seems to be to get on the 17th floor or above as my co-workers were on lower floors and did not have as nice of a room as they had not been remodeled yet.

One side note: put your chain on at night (I know -seems obvious). One of my co-workers did not and had a maid (or one that looked like a maid) use her pass key to enter his room in the middle of the night. She clearly did not expect him there. There was no valid reason I could think of for an employee to just walk into a room without knocking in the middle of the night. Very suspcicious in my opinion, but he does not speak Spanish and so she may have said something to explain her presence at the time that he did not understand. When he reported this the next day it did not seem concerning to the front desk staff, so I am not sure if anything was done about that.

Staff was wonderful. They had a great buffet breakfast. don't miss the papaya and pinapple - so sweet and fresh. The chilaquiles were great as well.

Room service was prompt and the food was tasty. Don't miss the tacos Dorados. I actually received my wakeup call as requested.

Overall I would definitely stay there again on my next trip to GDL.

Don't miss El Sacramonto restaurant - easily my favourite meal of the trip. It is an eclectic place with very very good gourmet food, beautifully presented. Excellent service. terrific price ( 4 of us with appies, main course, 2 tequilas and one main desert came to around $100USD. If you want a real Mexican dinner (not Tex-Mex), this is a wonderful and charming place.

Room Tip: 1701 was great. see the detail in my review but it was a super room. It faced west and was very quie...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This enormous, gloomy hotel may not need a lot of tourist trade, they seemed to mostly cater for business people, but if they do want more tourists they must do better than they did with me.

The vast lobby is dark and unwelcoming, though the reception staff were friendly and eventually I was shown to my room. The room was quite pleasant but the air conditioning was deafening & almost impossible to switch off. Due to us being in a special corridor (locked) we were told to use a special room for breakfast. I don't know if this was a punishment or something, but we were shown to a small crowded room with computers in it where we were told to wait for a table. While we waited more people came in and sat without waiting. The food was very average and the atmosphere dreadful.

The worst part of the stay was the evening we decided to have a drink in the bar (again very dark and rather chilly). Having signed the 2 drinks to my room we were chased out into the lobby by a waitress and told to wait. She spent several minutes trying to get someones attention. I asked why we were waiting. She said she had to check the credit card. When she spoke to someone they proceeded to slowly check. I asked what is the problem again. I was told they hadn't swiped my Amex properly when I checked in and I must pay cash now. I told her I had used the minibar but she said it wasn't the same. I felt like I had done something wrong, and it was all rather embarrassing. But mostly I was amazed, having never been to an hotel where the clientele were so mistrusted that you can't sign for drinks.

All in all I would urge potential guests to look around. Of the four hotels we stayed at in Mexico, 2 were large like this one, and 2 were small. The small hotels were infinitely better run than the large ones.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Gustavo S, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for share with us your experience at the Presidente InterContinental Hotel Guadalajara. We appreciate the time you have taken to bring this matter to our attention and allowing us the opportunity to improve our services.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced as a result of the room assignment and the staff attention services. InterContinental Hotels Group prides itself on the highest degree of customer satisfaction. We have fallen short on your expectations, which is of great concern to us.

In addition, We want to assure you that We will take the appropriate steps to ensure a similar situation will not occur again in the future.

Gustavo Staufert
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a week on business. The check in went smoothly, all employees I interacted with had very good English skills. Room was wonderful. The bar and restaurant at the Presidente were both very good. Overall I was very pleased with the hotel. A little busy at check out but no troubles for me. It appeared there were a lot of people awhile had early flights out on Friday. Just make sure you leave a bit of extra time on departure in case you run into the same situation.

• Stayed May 2012
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I generally enjoy the Intercontinental chain, but this place needs some help.
Their water system is such that for three days in a row I would work to set a comfortable temperature in the shower, only to randomly have it spike up and down to freezing or scalding temperatures. No exaggeration here, it was really painful. That is, of course, after reattaching the handle that fell off when I first grabbed it.

A visit to the gym is a must if you don't mind broken machines; of the six cardio devices available, three were out of order during my stay.

Be careful when sitting at the desk in your room. The faux wood grain trim at your side has VERY sharp edges and I cut my knee twice during my stay.

Enjoy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We are also very sorry for any inconvenience the condition of the room may have caused you.

It is IHG’s goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Gustavo Staufert

Been to Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara? Share your experiences!