“Good place for a business trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara

Save Saved
You added Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara to your Saves list
Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Lopez Mateos and Moctezuma | crossing the street you will find Mall Plaza del Sol, Guadalajara 45050, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 113 hotels in Guadalajara
Port Moody
“Good place for a business trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed last week from Sunday to Thursday and it was perfectly fine. I spent a little extra to upgrade to a Jr. Suite in the Executive area (room 1701) and it was bright and modern and well worth the minor upgrade charge per night. Large master with TV, very big bathroom with a huge soaker tub, a large walk-in Shower with two shower heads and a large closet. There was a separate living room and big desk to work at. My bed had lots of plugins for my electronics. The decor was white with a splash of colour. I faced west and could see a beautiful sunset each night. Bed was comfy and they even brought the requested foam pillows. The secret seems to be to get on the 17th floor or above as my co-workers were on lower floors and did not have as nice of a room as they had not been remodeled yet.

One side note: put your chain on at night (I know -seems obvious). One of my co-workers did not and had a maid (or one that looked like a maid) use her pass key to enter his room in the middle of the night. She clearly did not expect him there. There was no valid reason I could think of for an employee to just walk into a room without knocking in the middle of the night. Very suspcicious in my opinion, but he does not speak Spanish and so she may have said something to explain her presence at the time that he did not understand. When he reported this the next day it did not seem concerning to the front desk staff, so I am not sure if anything was done about that.

Staff was wonderful. They had a great buffet breakfast. don't miss the papaya and pinapple - so sweet and fresh. The chilaquiles were great as well.

Room service was prompt and the food was tasty. Don't miss the tacos Dorados. I actually received my wakeup call as requested.

Overall I would definitely stay there again on my next trip to GDL.

Don't miss El Sacramonto restaurant - easily my favourite meal of the trip. It is an eclectic place with very very good gourmet food, beautifully presented. Excellent service. terrific price ( 4 of us with appies, main course, 2 tequilas and one main desert came to around $100USD. If you want a real Mexican dinner (not Tex-Mex), this is a wonderful and charming place.

Room Tip: 1701 was great. see the detail in my review but it was a super room. It faced west and was very quie...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

223 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This enormous, gloomy hotel may not need a lot of tourist trade, they seemed to mostly cater for business people, but if they do want more tourists they must do better than they did with me.

The vast lobby is dark and unwelcoming, though the reception staff were friendly and eventually I was shown to my room. The room was quite pleasant but the air conditioning was deafening & almost impossible to switch off. Due to us being in a special corridor (locked) we were told to use a special room for breakfast. I don't know if this was a punishment or something, but we were shown to a small crowded room with computers in it where we were told to wait for a table. While we waited more people came in and sat without waiting. The food was very average and the atmosphere dreadful.

The worst part of the stay was the evening we decided to have a drink in the bar (again very dark and rather chilly). Having signed the 2 drinks to my room we were chased out into the lobby by a waitress and told to wait. She spent several minutes trying to get someones attention. I asked why we were waiting. She said she had to check the credit card. When she spoke to someone they proceeded to slowly check. I asked what is the problem again. I was told they hadn't swiped my Amex properly when I checked in and I must pay cash now. I told her I had used the minibar but she said it wasn't the same. I felt like I had done something wrong, and it was all rather embarrassing. But mostly I was amazed, having never been to an hotel where the clientele were so mistrusted that you can't sign for drinks.

All in all I would urge potential guests to look around. Of the four hotels we stayed at in Mexico, 2 were large like this one, and 2 were small. The small hotels were infinitely better run than the large ones.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Gustavo S, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for share with us your experience at the Presidente InterContinental Hotel Guadalajara. We appreciate the time you have taken to bring this matter to our attention and allowing us the opportunity to improve our services.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced as a result of the room assignment and the staff attention services. InterContinental Hotels Group prides itself on the highest degree of customer satisfaction. We have fallen short on your expectations, which is of great concern to us.

In addition, We want to assure you that We will take the appropriate steps to ensure a similar situation will not occur again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a week on business. The check in went smoothly, all employees I interacted with had very good English skills. Room was wonderful. The bar and restaurant at the Presidente were both very good. Overall I was very pleased with the hotel. A little busy at check out but no troubles for me. It appeared there were a lot of people awhile had early flights out on Friday. Just make sure you leave a bit of extra time on departure in case you run into the same situation.

• Stayed May 2012
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I generally enjoy the Intercontinental chain, but this place needs some help.
Their water system is such that for three days in a row I would work to set a comfortable temperature in the shower, only to randomly have it spike up and down to freezing or scalding temperatures. No exaggeration here, it was really painful. That is, of course, after reattaching the handle that fell off when I first grabbed it.

A visit to the gym is a must if you don't mind broken machines; of the six cardio devices available, three were out of order during my stay.

Be careful when sitting at the desk in your room. The faux wood grain trim at your side has VERY sharp edges and I cut my knee twice during my stay.

Enjoy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We are also very sorry for any inconvenience the condition of the room may have caused you.

It is IHG’s goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Penang, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

A good hotel for business and holiday. The rooms are nice. Bed is very comfortable. But the airconditioning was very cold. Even when I set the temperature to 24ºC, but the aircond temperature is maintained at 18~20ºC. Breakfast was good. They have a nice lounge and bar (with good Tequila of course!!). There is a hop-on-hop-off bus stop in front of the hotel. It is a good and fast way of seeing Guadalajara (just 90 peso for a whole day trip).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Gustavo S, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Please accept my apologies, I am concerned about our shortcomings and We are reviewing our facilities and procedures to improve the quality of our guest service and to make sure that this kind of incidents will be solved in the shortest period of time.

We hope that these incident does not tarnish your preference towards our hotel

Regardes,

Cali, Colombia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The hotel is old and the service is really bad. The rooms are very small. The street in front is very noise. They are not responsible for your car in the valet parking service. They crash your car and don't proivide any answer.

El hotel es viejo y el servicio muy malo. Las habitaciones son muy pequeñas comparado con otros hoteles de ese precio, es incomodo. En el valet parking chocan tu carro y no responden nada.

Recomiendo no usar este hotel

Room Tip: No quedarse en este hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Raul G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am truly sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret you were not satisfied with the conditions of the room you received. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

What we liked best about this hotel was its location and the updated, modern design of the rooms. Unfortunately, our experience there was not the greatest. We tried to get an early check-in at 1 p.m. but were told no rooms were available. After an hour in the bar, we tried again with no luck. So we left our bags and went to lunch at Canelo's (five minute walk, great Mexican food, Mariachi's, etc.). Upon return around 5:30 p.m. our room was finally ready, but the bathroom wasn't that clean and the shower floor was wet as if someone had just showered. Normally we would have requested another room immediately, but we were so late by then we didn't have time to wait for another room.

Other criticisms: When we put our valuables in the closet safe we realized it wasn't bolted down to anything. You could just pick it up and remove it. The glass door in the shower wasn't properly sealed so water leaked all over the bathroom floor when we showered. And the sink was very slow to drain.

On a positive note, the bed, pillows and linens were better than average. And the service in the reception and the bar was friendly and professional, even if it wasn't the speediest. In the hotel's defense, we were there during the FIL, the largest book fair in Latin America, and all the hotels, not just the InterContinental, were packed. Note: if you're going to the Expo, you can walk there from the hotel, but expect it to take 20-25 minutes and be very careful crossing the street because pedestrians are rarely given the right of way. Or take a taxi for 35 pesos (US$3).

Despite our problems with our room, we'd give this hotel another chance the next time we're back in Guadalajara.

Room Tip: To avoid traffic noise, request a high floor and/or a room that is not overlooking Lopez Mateos.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara? Share your experiences!