“A nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 115 Hotels in Guadalajara
Hagerstown, Maryland
“A nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Had a great 7 night trip to Guadalajara last week and the Westin was fantastic! Lots of people as there was a fashion show and other events going on at the convention center next door. The room was nicely done and the bed was very comfotable. Only downsides were that there is no pool and I got charged for internet service upon checking out when i was told that it was included in my rate when i checked in... Other than that, a great stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
WestinGuadalajara, General Manager at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear DMcK9629,
Thank you very much for taking the time in writing your comments regarding your stay at The Westin Guadalajara.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed the room and our Heavenly Bed, exclusive to The Westin brand.
We appreciate your feedback, these type of comments give us the opportunity at working in the correct direction with the main objective of becoming the best hotel in Guadalajara.

We hope to have you here again soon!

Regards,
Manuel Dieguez R.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed here for 3 days and it was a wonderful experience...The location is great, rooms are spacious and food is excellent.....The team is also very supportive...Since I had my team with me, I requested for a larger vehicle to help us travel around including late check out....It all worked out well

I will definitely visit again...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
WestinGuadalajara, General Manager at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear mohittandon8,
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the service, our associates are working continuously
so that we can become the best hotel in Guadalajara.
We appreciate your loyalty to the Westin brand and especially for The Westin Guadalajara.

Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at The Westin soon.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I recently stayed here for 4 nights as part of my business trip. This is my second visit as I liked this place a lot my first time last year. As expected the hotel is very clean, good size rooms at a very reasonable price. I found the staff to be very polite and friendly. While the wi-fi access was very good, however, getting it for my laptop and mobile phone was a bit challenging even for the staff; a bit cumbersome process. The breakfast did not have many choices. There was an omelet station, that was not manned all the time especially if you are early and there not many people. I found the selections to be very limited compared to last time. I also had my dinner a couple of times and found the menu with very limited choices and it is same menu every night. The bar was almost dead. We tried to see the FIFA match where Mexico was playing and expected that would be lot of crown. Shockingly there was no one and not even a good TV playing the game, so we ended up going to the next door Hilton hotel where they put up a big screen TV there were lot of people enjoying the game. The hotel lo0cation is very good just next to EXPo, the convention center.

Room Tip: You may want to explore places around the hotel for dinner or lunch.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Belen_llin, Gerente at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Ash S,
First of all I want to thank you for taking the time in sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at The Westin Guadalajara.
Thank you for your comments on our staff and the appearance of the hotel.
Please, receive an apology for your experiences at breakfast and dinner; we are already working on the menu to have more options available.
As for your experience at the Lobby Bar I´m very sorry for the inconvenience, our event was being held at the restaurant, since it was lunch time.
We hope you give us another opportunity to demonstrate our compromise with our guest service.

Warm regards,
Helder Martins
Food & Beverage Director
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

recently stayed 2 nights at the Westin as part of business trip. It was highly recommended by team members who stayed there before and we were a group of about 6. Service was good, rooms are clean and good. Fitness center is average size but the equipment was all in good shape. The breakfast was adequate though not included in my negotiated room price. I will definitely return

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Raleigh,NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed here with a friend for a few nights in late March 2014. I enjoyed the decor of the lobby and the hotel. The doormen were always very polite and helpful. Front desk staff was very good with any needs we had. Check in was quick and I was with a large group checking in. We asked for a quiet room and got one at the corner of the building so only one adjacent room. We had a view of the city and we were overlooking two city futbol fields. They are hand watered and lined during the day. It was amazing to watch this being done by one man! We had a room pretty high up so no traffic noise.

One day we came back to our room as the cleaning women were just finishing up. I noticed a spot on my white comforter and it was fresh bright red still wet blood, then I noticed a few drops on the sheets. I believe one of the ladies maybe got a papercut or something and didn't notice while changing the sheets. I mentioned it to the front desk as we were heading out for a late dinner at 9pm. She apologized profusely and said it would be taken care of immediately. We got back around midnight and I had all new linens on the bed. Now I have stayed in third world countries in less than stellar settings.This may sound odd, but if it had been dried blood or a spot of unknown origin I would have just slept on the other half of the bed (we had two queen beds). But since it was obviously fresh blood I was a little freaked out. The room was big, well appointed, bathroom was lovely with great toiletries. We tipped the cleaning ladies every day for their great service.

We ate breakfast there each morning and even had lunch in the restaurant as well one day. Good food, nice service staff.

The front desk staff and the restaurant staff know English very well. I wish someone had mentioned to us that they would be celebrating their version of Earth Day one evening. They turned the lights off in the hotel and had a free drink special in the lobby bar. We had no idea what was going on as we sat in the lobby and missed the free drinks!! ;) The little snacks they offer in the lobby bar area are awesome. Dried veggie crisps with seasoning. So much better than salted peanuts!!

It also was fun to have the Chivas futbol team staying at the hotel. A treat to have them step into the elevator with you! ;) They also practiced Sunday morning in the upper lobby area and then wandered around in the lobby. All very nice guys who were very kind to their fans. I had no idea who they were but figured it out pretty quickly. Most people don't wander around in matching soccer practice uniforms with their buddies.

The hotel doesn't have a pool, but that was not an issue for us. We would stay here again if ever in Guadalajara!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
TheWestinGDL, Gerente at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Tricia316,
Thank you very much for taking the time in share such a detailed review regarding your recent stay at The Westin Guadalajara.
We are happy to read that you enjoy our facilities, food and service and the opportunity of sharing the elevator with some of the players from the soccer football team most Mexican of all.
We hope have the opportunity to welcome you again at The Westin in the near future.
Delta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Located directly across from the Convention Centre or Expo, this hotel delivers the Westin service and style. Staff are bilingual and very very helpful. The rooms feature great views of the city and the beds are of course 'heavenly'. The lobby level lounge features really comfortable wing back chairs you can sink into or conduct some business informally around the tables. The restaurant on the 2nd floor offers a breakfast buffet and the chef will make fresh omellettes or other egg dishes to your liking. A la carte menu too for breakfast, lunch and inner. Floor to ceiling windows provide lots of natural light.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the views.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
TheWestinGDL, Gerente at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear 49Sylvia,

Thank you for your comments and for sharing you Westin experience with other travelers.

We are very pleased to know that our staff service, location, rooms and food & beverage experience exceeded your expectations.

Looking forward to welcome you soon in The Westin Guadalajara where you will be always welcome.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I stay in Westins every week for work and this was one of the better ones I have stayed at in a while. I was impressed by the staff - by the end of my trip they were referring to me by name each morning. The room was extremely comfortable as well. The only thing that surprised me was there was no pool.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
TheWestinGDL, Gerente at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Stephanie,
Thank you very much for taking the time in sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at The Westin Guadalajara.
We are happy to read that you enjoy our service and find your room comfortable.
We appreciate your loyalty to Westin and especially for The Westin Guadalajara.
Hope have the opportunity to welcome you soon.
Manuel Dieguez R.

Been to The Westin Guadalajara? Share your experiences!