“nice hotel near convention center” 4 of 5 stars

You added The Westin Guadalajara to your Saves list
The Westin Guadalajara
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida de las Rosas 2911, Guadalajara 44530, Mexico   |
Ranked #10 of 115 Hotels in Guadalajara
“nice hotel near convention center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed there for a couple of nights.

Extremely nice business hotel. you are greeted with some nice fruit flavored water which was memorable since I was extremely thirsty upon arrival.

The room is what you would expect from a westin. Had a fridge and extremely comfortable mattress.

Hotel staff very knowledgeable with advising where to go.

I had a car and parked it with valet ( very reasonable rate and very professional valet).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
TheWestinGDL, Gerente at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Bluelabelmalt,
Thank you very much for taking the time in sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at The Westin Guadalajara.
It is nice to hear you enjoyed our facilities and that our staff provided quick and efficient service.
We hope have the opportunity to welcome you again very soon at The Westin Guadalajara.
Manuel Dieguez R.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Guadalajara, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Went I look for my place to stay, it does not matter to me to risk other activities but more feel comfortable, be a place the meet my expectations and makes me feel like I want to stay, sleep and use the amenities.. Specially on business trips.. This combine with a key critical aspect which is the service. Often is difficult to please both... however I have to say from many of my trips to Guadalajara the "Westin" hotel exceed my expectation, the details of the rooms, amenities, comfort of the beds and spacious extremely clean bath room, excellent restaurant and last but not least the quality, professionalism and welcoming of their staff makes every time I think on Guadalajara and on my actual stay my top 1st option...

Room Tip: Corner and high floor rooms give beutiful view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TheWestinGDL, Gerente at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Adan M,
Thank you so much for posting these wonderful comments regarding your experience at The Westin Guadalajara.
For us is a great pleasure read that the hotel and its associates are meeting your expectations. Your words, as a long stay guest, are very important for us because it is in this kind of situations that you really can experience the entire package of the hospitality: rooms, restaurant, Westin WorkOut studio, business center, bar and specially the encounters with our people.
We hope you keep enjoying your second home.
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Gorgeous Carrara marble, Trendy and Chic decor. Gorgeous Bathrooms, Good beds, Great service, Great Terrace bar.
Excellent for business and it is located across from Expo Guadalajara. Not so good for pleasure as it is not a very touristy location and the hotel lacks a pool.
Service is excellent and the lobby has a striking floating staircase. Bathrooms are as nice as they come with Kohler fixtures and Carrara Marble. Only big mistake is that towels are set in the opposite end to the shower!!!
Food is good and service very good. The lobby bar has a beautiful zen type terrace. Without a doubt the best business hotel in the city.
Highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Belen_llin, Gerente at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear David G,
Thank you very much for choosing The Westin Guadalajara for your recent stay to the city and sharing your comments with all Trip Advisor community.
We are happy to know that you enjoy our facilities, decor and location, as you well say we are just in front of Expo Guadalajara. Also we are glad that you enjoy our new Restaurant concept Grill & Vine.
Thank you for your recommendation, we hope have the opportunity to welcome you again very soon.
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel at this year's September. Even though i stayed for just one night the staff there treated me like a king.
The room was very big and the bed was awesome.
Would love to swim at a pool though and there wasn't one.
The breakfast had a big variety and was very fresh.
Will stay there for sure in my next business visit at Guadalajara.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Belen_llin, Gerente at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Yiannis K,
First of all we want to thank you for choosing The Westin Guadalajara for your recent stay in this city, also appreciate the time you spend sharing with all Trip Advisor community your comments regarding this stay.
We are happy to read that our service was up to your expectations and you enjoy the Heavenly Bed and the breakfast buffet from our new Restaurant Grill & Vine.
We hope have the pleasure to welcome you soon at this your home, The Westin Guadalajara.
Regards,
Lompoc, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I was pleased to find a nice SPG property in Guadalajara, and at very reasonable rates and good location. The Westin lived up to its brand name, especially the very comfy bed. I was surprised to find that there was no heat for the building, only air conditioning. The service person who came to help me "adjust" the temperature said the heating apparatus hasn't worked since they opened. I find this hard to believe, but I didn't check in to it any further. The front desk, room service, Service Express, and housekeeping personnel all made me feel like a valued visitor. The room was clean, although there are a few little deferred maintenance items that are starting to show, and I got the impression (which I hope they will prove me wrong about!) that they aren't fixing problems as they show up. For example, one of the phones in my suite didn't work and needed to be replaced. And one of the sliding curtain rods is broken, and they've just fixed the curtain in place, rather than restore it to full function. As noted in other reviews, a pool would be a welcome amenity too. Overall, I was pleased with the staff and the facility, and I just hope they keep everything at peak-performance.

Room Tip: The views from the higher floors are lovely.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TheWestinGDL, Gerente at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear TravelinFool93436,
Thank you very much for sharing with all Trip Advisor community your review regarding your recent stay in The Westin Guadalajara.
We are glad to read that you enjoy our location, just in front of Expo Guadalajara, and also the Heavenly Bed. Thank you also for your feedback about rooms maintenance, actually we have implemented a preventive maintenance program in order to keep our installations in the best conditions; we fixed your room’s issues in place because we have not other room available at that moment but it is not the usual practice.
We hope welcome you again at The Westin Guadalajara.
Issaquah, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I've had the opportunity to stay at the Westin Expo Guadalajara twice this year, and both times have been great. I always include the breakfast and in room wifi, as the buffet variety and quality were excellent. Like many others I would love to see a pool in the property, but truth to be told I probably wont find the time to spend it there anyway, its probably just a drain on hotel resources.

The beds are awesome! The best next thing after my own home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear aortoll_con,
First of all I want to thank you for choosing The Westin Guadalajara for your recent stay in this city.
It is our pleasure that your stays with us became almost as pleasant that your own home. Also we are glad to read that you enjoy the breakfast buffet of our Restaurant.
We hope have the opportunity to receive you again very soon.
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

So this is a new hotel as most other reviews have pointed out. However, my air-condition was not working properly. It stayed on even though I had turned it off. I had to kill the breaker for it to stop. And then even though I left a very nice comment with my email address, I have not received any feedback.

I did enjoy my bed and had no problems with the internet.

I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
TheWestinGDL, Gerente at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear DC_Cazador,
First of all I want to thank you for taking in time in sending your comments thru Trip Advisor web site. Please accept a sincere apology for not responding your note previously; we are really interested in receiving feedback, that’s the only way to know which our opportunity areas are and where to focus in order to improve our service.
Regarding the air-conditioning problem that you experienced during your stay, I want to inform you that it was already fixed.
We are glad to read that you enjoyed the Heavenly Bed®.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you again at The Westin Guadalajara.
Best regards,
Manuel Dieguez R.

Been to The Westin Guadalajara? Share your experiences!