“The best food I've tasted in a long time!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 520 Restaurants in Guadalajara
Cuisines: Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Chef Darren Walsh, who has worked with some of the best contemporary Michelin starred Chefs in London, like Gordon Ramsay, Richard Neat and Pierre Koffman, offers an interesting array of contemporary fine dining selection including the deconstruction and reinterpretation of some typical regional dishes. A very unique experience!
Chicago, Illinois
“The best food I've tasted in a long time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I love this place! They have done an amazing job. Words cannot even come close to describing how good the food tastes (and as an event planner for many, many years I've tasted some food!). I'm still dreaming about the basil cream dessert. The drinks are very tasty too! I just wish it was located in my city.

The restaurant itself is really cool. You should go just to steal design ideas. A couple of things I appreciated - how unpretentious the restaurant felt and also how the staff speak English (helped with my patchy Spanish). Everyone should check this place out!

• Visited January 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Beautifully designed and innovative presentation but at the end of the day it's all about the taste and Lula Bistro delivers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

We were on vacation in Guadalajara for a week and loved this restaurant so much we went four times. Chef Darren treats his food as an art form but never forgets that taste and texture are the most important elements. We were impressed with restaurant decor and the service was very attentive. Great cocktails too!

“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

A really nice restaurant. Cozy and beautiful.
The food was amazing, great taste and decoration. And very good service. We arrived almost when lunch time was over and they treated us perfectly told us we had to order quick but very nicely and educated. And honestly it was worth it.

Boston, Massachusetts
“The best in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I went to Lula Bistro without any expectation, and have to say that it was a truly exquisite and beautiful experience. I ordered the "Sample Menu", which allowed me to have a bite of a lot of different dishes. I don't think my senses have been as stimulated as they were each time they brought something new! Everything they served is a true work of art. I have the highest praises for this place... Lula Bistro is an absolute must!

• Visited January 2013
Chapala, Mexico
“Absolutely Fabulous...#1 in Guadalajara, possibly even in all of Mexico!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We have eaten on numerous occasions at many of the highly acclaimed nouveau cusuine restaurants in DF, Puerto Vallarta, and Guadalajara; however, Lula Bistro's Darren Walsh surpasses every other MX contemporary chef in his creativity, fusion of exquisite tastes in his innovative dishes, and of using a melange of only the freshish ingredients available. My personal Lula Bistro favorite is the grilled lamb loin filet...savory, and hauntingly memorable. I cannot wait to dine again at Lula!

• Visited December 2012