“One of the best restaurants in Guadalajara...if not the best” 5 of 5 stars

33 38131379
Website
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 453 restaurants in Guadalajara
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Huicholes y Tarascos
Description: Sagrantino, binomio de tradición e innovación que va desde su arquitectura hasta su cocina, se caracteriza por ofrecer una variedad de platillos auténticos, destaca su parrilla al carbón natural que hace de los cortes una especialidad, así como de su horno de leña donde se cocen tanto pizzas como el pan que se sirve en su mesa. La cava que se alza vertical en medio del salón permite al comensal apreciar la gran variedad de etiquetas que maridarán sus platillos. Desde el bar puede comenzar por tomar un aperitivo o bien una sobremesa de negocios o placer, ya que presume los mejores destilados del mundo. Su vista al parque le hará sentir en una atmosfera relajada y aislada de la prisa urbana. Lo esperamos!
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“One of the best restaurants in Guadalajara...if not the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was in Guadalajara for the weekend on business and was referred to this place.
From the moment we walked out ouf the car I thought to myself "Wow, this is such a nice place". the surprise was even bigger when we stepped inside the restaurant: Very well balanced architecture with a great modern taste, which created a pleasant atmosphere.
I had the pleasure of talking to the owner who is from Italian descendence, and did some travelling before opening the restaurant. He explained that his dishes were basically mexican, but with a touch of Italian and south American influence. They did not disappoint, especially the "Pulpo Adobado" (spiced Octopus). Overall it is a great value for your money. I will definitely make the extra effort to visit the restaurant every time I visit Guadalajara.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Ajijic
“A very good restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Sagrantino is a very pleasant restaurant. The decor is modern yet warm. The service is very good. Most people would be very happy with the food...a range of popular meat, seafood and pasta choices. We didn't find anything particularly innovative or outstanding but our dishes were attractive and well executed. Desserts are limited and fairly predictible.
The restaurant is in an a pleasant area of Guadalajara and overlooks a small park.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Guadalajara, Mexico
“Nice place. Food is just OK.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I visited Sagrantino with some co-workers yesterday. The place is very nice, there's a nice view and the decoration is pretty. I can see this place has very nice reviews, but.. I just didn't feel it was something special. The food is nice but nothing to rave about it, I've had much better dishes at other Guadalajara places. I'm not sure if I picked the wrong dish or something, but the appetizers didn't seem to be something out of this world either. My husband asked for the "Filete Relleno" and that one was reaally good, but only that one I tried. I would return, but there are some other places on my top list way before Sagrantino. Oh! Just one thing I forgot to mention. The Cranberry Margarita is aweeesome!.. that one I really liked, so I strongly recommend you to give it a try! =)

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Great design and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

From the moment we stepped out of our taxi upon arrival at Sagrantino, it was immediately apparent from attention to detail in the unique design and the warm and welcoming greetings from the hostess and staff, that we had chosen a great restaurant in which to spend the evening. The use of natural woods and the excellent craftsmanship, which is a trademark of Guadalajara, adds to the wonderful ambiance of this great restaurant. It was a busy evening, but the staff were attentive and accommodating to our every request. Our food was delicious and we would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to any discerning traveler. The owner was especially gracious and hospitable, welcoming us to his restaurant and his city with unabashed pride. He was a delight and indeed has much of which to be proud. Don't miss this restaurant during your visit.

• Visited February 2013
Ajijic, Mexico
“One of our favorite Guadalajara Upscale Restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Sagrantino is a beautifully designed restaurant in a in Guadalajara not far from the Minerva. The entrance is warm and welcoming and the interior of the restaurant designed by professionals with a great design flair. It is a wonderful restaurant to take that special someone.

The service was excellent and the menu diverse enough to satisfy most palates. Their signature dish. octopus, is not on our radar screen but is said to be wonderful -- if you are an octopus fancier. We can personally vouch for the excellence of the filet and lamb. The appetizers are outstanding. The salads are a little bit over the top but not a critical component of the meal.

While not inexpensive, prices are in line with a restaurant of this quality. In addition, the wine selection is wonderful with something for all palates and budgets.

We look forward to our next visit to this pleasant restaurant.

• Visited February 2013