We stayed at this hotel for three nights while in Guadalajara as tourists. Normally we stay in Tlaquepaque but wanted to be in the city proper for this trip as my spouse's sister was also there on business. She stayed at the Hilton. We opted for something a bit more authentically Mexican and were not disappointed in La Mansion del Sol.
We stayed in Room #17 and it was HUGE! We walked in through a small sitting room with computer, reading chair, large wardrobe, fridge and coffee maker. Fresh bottled water was supplied every day. We had a king size bed, two full night tables and a large dresser. The bathroom was also large with many toiletries and accoutrements.
The rooms were clean but the bathroom was a bit outdated and some of the fixtures for towels were on their last legs. There was nowhere in the shower to place your shampoo bottles except for a very small soapdish. Lots of large clean towels provided though.
A full breakfast was included with hot and/or cold food, as well as juice, coffee or tea. All of this was served overlooking the garden which immaculately maintained, including four hummingbird feeders which were buzzing with activity almost all day long. They also served an afternoon tea with sandwiches as well as hot coffee/tea and juice.
The hotel is located in a very safe, residential neighbourhood within walking distance of the Plaza del Sol on Lopez Mateos which is a major thoroughfare with numerous buses. We drove and were able to negotiate the roads with some practice. Parking included. We thought this hotel was lovely and will definitely consider staying there again.
- Also Known As:
- La Mansion Del Sol Hotel Guadalajara
- La Mansion Del Sol Guadalajara
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mansión del Sol, is a small Boutique Hotel with 22 rooms with Fine Mexican Style. Located in an exclusive residential area, it’s also within the hotel area, 3 blocks from Plaza del Sol Mall and 10 blocks from Plaza Ciudadela Mall. In the heart of one of the best areas in Guadalajara. Surrounded by stores, hotels, restaurants, bars, discotec´s, coffee shops, theatres and movie theatres etc. Only 5 minutes from the Expo Guadalajara Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Otel so you can book your La Mansion del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.