“great location in city centre” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Centro Historico

You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Centro Historico to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Centro Historico
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Juarez 211-103 Centro | Colonia Centro, Guadalajara 44100, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #35 of 115 Hotels in Guadalajara
Stuttgart
“great location in city centre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

the holte is very good located right in the centre, for touristic purpose you can do all by walking around the corner.
Food at the hotel is excellent, breakfast with all fresh juices and fruit in big variety. Eating out around the hotel also many possibilities.
Had a suite and that was quite spcious and nice with the jacuzzi in the room.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
México
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

Personal de recepción: amabilidad bien, eficiencia excelente, habitación excelente, sí regresaría.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

I liked the location very close to knowing everything, the big room and the staff very attentive, the restaurant food is very good, with a view of the avenue and piano music.
Having a computer in the room facilitated my stay much better radio and iPod dock.
Save a few dollars with free transportation to the airport on my return.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

The hotel is well located in the middle of the historic district. The rooms are spacious and clean, except the bathroom (toilet/shower) was quite small and not vented. Our main problem was with the completely inadequate air conditioning. Although the system labored mightily, the best it could do was cool the room down to 81degrees. We will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Centro Historico, responded to this review, June 3, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your comments are very important to us. Appropriate actions have been taken to fix the problem you reported with the air conditioning. We hope you continue to use Holiday Inn as your choice for lodging needs.
skydlimit
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

We went for the Festival Cultural de Mayo, so we thought we should stay near the city center. The area is very historic, but after 3-5 hours you've seen the landmarks in the city center.

Knowing that, I would not stay at this HI again. The staff was great, friendly, and helpful. The hotel really needs to be remodeled: the air conditioning was out the first 2 days we were there; the shower wouldn't drain well (5 minutes before I can jump in after my wife); the windows are paper thin so the traffic can be heard (I don't mind but if you're a light sleeper keep it in mind); 1 elevator was out per day; and the place is just old.

It's a shame since the building is nice and the rooms are a good size. I will say that the staff made up for the hotel's physical downfall by comping our breakfast for the broken A/C, providing us with 5 star service with any request, and with generally being interested in how our visit to Guadalajara went. They were proud to know that their recommendations for things to do were exactly what we were looking for.

For future travel to GDL, we will stay in the norther part of the city where the majority of restaurants, bars, and clubs are located and taxi into the historic zona if we need to go to any events in that area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
La Jolla, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

Staff was apparently friendly and helpfurl at the very beginning... but they started to show an entirely different face as soon as I complained about:

1. the cleanliness of the room
2. unavailable "complimentary wireless internet" (one of the main reasons I reserved for this hotel). They wouldn't listen to my suggestions (I am an IT professional). I told them this was unbelievable, and as I was also tired and hungry, about to go to my room and get some sleep, a vindicative manager and a bellboy offered a bad club sandwich that made me VERY sick for five days! I suspect it's like some waiters do at some restaurants: complain and you will be punished with tampered food.

I regret having accepted this "courtesy dinner" as a substitute for complimentary wireless internet. I should have eaten some tacos (believe me, I've never got sick for eating them in Mexico), gone to a WiFi cafeteria or internet cafe, and stayed somewhere else.

Worst hotel experience I've had in Mexico. I mean, really bad.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

My family of 4 stayed at this hotel for a week. We decided to cancel our reservations at Hotel Morales due to the fact that the Holiday Inn offered vehicle service, fridge and microwave. We called directly to confirm our pick up and were told the airport service was only for departure, not arrival. We offered to pay extra and were told, that they simply don't like to deal with pick ups. Though we clearly stated on our reservation that we were a family, our suite had no clothes storage space. Only a slim closet with 4 hangers. Outside the bathroom there was a 2 drawer night stand. There is a $100 per day limit money exchange service, this only worked the first night. After this, we were always told to go to an exchange house. The 1st night we were placed in a suite facing the street. This was so loud, some of us didn't sleep the entire night. They did quickly move us, however to a smaller suite with no microwave. I insisted a microwave could be moved and how much I needed this for our infant, hours later they appeared with an old one. The fridge overheated, not keeping items very cold. The microwave was old and loud, often beeping even after food was removed. Wifi NEVER worked. By day 4 and after many calls to the front desk, a letter was delivered that service was down. After this we never received an update on when service would be available. Though the room service from the on site restaurant was very fast, the food was poor, raw runny eggs, odd tasting pancakes and stale bread. There is a car service but it is at least 40-60% over cab cost, not worth it. The pros were the location and service. But once you travel to Guadalajara you will notice that there is great service everywhere. Hotel Morales was around the corner, we stopped by to check out a suite and they were beautiful and clean and spacious. Their front desk and manager were very nice and offered us great rates. We decided to stay at the Holiday since we only had 1 day left but never again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Centro Historico? Share your experiences!