“Convenient” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Casa Grande

Save Saved
You added Hotel Casa Grande to your Saves list
Hotel Casa Grande
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Casa interior Aeropuerto S/N, Guadalajara 45659, Mexico   |
Ranked #108 of 110 hotels in Guadalajara
Queensland
“Convenient”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

The hotel is old and not updated but we were happy with it. I think the air-con did not work but I had the fan working. It was winter so we were not hot. Hopefully they switch the air-con on during the summer. The hotel was quiet considering how close we were to the airport.
We stayed here because we arrived midnight so it was convenient for us. I also recommend staying here for your flight out as well because the highway to the airport from Guadalajara can get extremely busy during the day and it would only take one car accident and you could miss your flight.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

This hotel was recommended by the agent at Aeromexico Connect when we missed our connecting flight to Puerto Vallarta. We were tired and frustrated and appreciated the convenience of a hotel at the airport within walking distance. That was our first mistake. We should have taken a taxi to a hotel brand we know...like Hilton.

The Casa Grande Hotel at the GDL Airport is a dark, dingy, dirty hotel. Our room was sparsely furnish with old, 1970's era furniture. Even with the very dim lighting, dirt was visible on the walls, carpet and tattered drapes. The air conditioner did not work, the windows did not open, and the room lacked basic amenities...like an elevator to our second floor room, an alarm clock or a working hair dryer (it was furnish, it just didn't work). But the worst part of the stay was the old, uncomfortably hard, and thin bed mattress with matching pillows. Why we didn't check out and explore other hotel options once we surveyed the room, I'll never know. We got the most restless night's sleep and both of us woke up more tired and sore than the night before.

I've traveled the world and have stayed at some pretty disappointing hotels. NEVER have I been inspired to write a review...until now. This hotel had a "rack rate" of about $180 per night. They gave us an "airline" rate of about $90. Even at half price, this hotel was no bargain. Stay away!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Qualicum Beach, B.C.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

The only recommendation I can give this hotel is it's very close proximity to the airport. A two minute walk brought us to the Alaska Airlines counter, which was very convenient for an early morning flight.

For the price ($135CDN) I had expected a much nicer hotel but despite the impressive employee services at the door (uniformed doorman, valet parking, bellboy) and front desk, the room was stark and dated with many stains on the carpet (carpet in Mexico!?). Felt more like a Motel 6. More troublesome for me was when we opened the curtains in the morning and found the large window fogged with condensation and black mould. No wonder we had spent most of the night coughing and sneezing. There was also a rather foul odour lingering in the hallways, origin unknown.

Give me a basic, clean Mexican hotel over this one any day.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
ALEX_7
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

be aware of the not free breakfast buffet included with the room, i just stayed there on 04/17/2010 and when i checked inn i was told that free breakfast buffet was included with each room i got to rooms one for me and my wife and one for the kids. the next morning when i showed up at the restaurant with the kids iwas told to go ahead and help our selfs,but when we got done and it was time to go catch the flight i was getting ready to tip the server when another server approched me and told me that it was 634.00 pesos per room, i told him that it had to be a mistake so i whent to the front desk and they told me that breakfast was not included so i had to pay 1,268.00 pesos for 4 bowls of cereal,4 drinks and 2 cups of very small fruit slices, believe it or not just get ready to pay when you get done or get ready to miss your flight. rooms were about a 6 on a scale 1-10, air cond. was old and smelled like mildew, shower head was broked. so please be aware of the not free breakfast!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Long Island, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

Definitely not worth the ninety dlls plus tax. The location is very convenient because it’s a walking distance from the airport. The mattress felt old and uncomfortable. The room was clean but the whole place looks like in need of some renovations. A warm buffet breakfast was included and the food was OK.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
L.A.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

I intended to stay here but I just didn't want to pay the $90 or so they display on their webpage. It's a decent hotel, but it is Mexico and it's closer to the Holiday Inn than the Hilton. Being on a budget leaves me to search for $50 hotels or less. The check-in person was obliged to help me and first brought it down to $72 and then finally $55. I believe it was very vacant so that probably helped my cause.
They have a decent bar and a restaurant upstairs. Prices are to match the original room price. Free internet is a big bonus. Staff were pleasant and efficient. 50 feet from the right exit of the airport. My marks are high because of the price I paid.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Kitchener Ontario Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2008

we stayed at the Casa Grande because we had to be back at the airport at 4:30am-only because American Airlines cancelled our flight home! We had a great meal in the restaurant, and the service was excellent. later, the room was ok, but the beds were hard, the fan on the A/C was noisy and it took us a while to fall asleep, but it was better than sleeping at the airport. In the wee small hours of the morning, we woke to find the strong smell of sulpher in the hallways as we struggled to find our way to the lobby. The hotel is poorly laid out, and the elevators were barely big enough for two people to stand in. It took quite a while to find our way out to the front desk, and when we mentioned the horrible odor to the clerk, she just blinked and smiled. The lobby is open to the traffic and across the street (literally) from the airport, but the smell was less strong in the open, and not too bad once we were inside the airport with A/C. I was nauseous for hours afterwards, which made the flight home a real joy. I would only stay here again if I had no other options. I certainly would not pay for it.

• Liked — convenience to airport
  • Disliked — smell, hard beds, poor layout
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Casa Grande? Share your experiences!