“Hostel Tequila - Super chilled, fun hostel, one of the best!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hostel Tequila Backpacker

You added Hostel Tequila Backpacker to your Saves list
Hostel Tequila Backpacker
2.5 of 5 Hostel   |   Hidalgo 1160 | Col. Centro, Guadalajara 44100, Mexico (Formerly Hostel Tequila Guadalajara)   |
Huaraz, Peru
“Hostel Tequila - Super chilled, fun hostel, one of the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I planned to stay one night in this hostel, but I'm so glad I didn't and stayed a week! Its one of the most beautiful hostels I have stayed in (and I've visited probably 100s!), with open courtyard, pool, fresh breeze, as it used to be part of a mansion I believe. The hostel people, Carlos and Gaby are super friendly, going out of their way to help you out with anything, bus routes, places to visit, with activities and parties always happening. Other travellers I have met are super cool, having beers every night to relax. Its close to Chapultepec and the city centro, so there are many restaurants and bars close by. I'm definitely coming back when I stay in Guadalajara, which has become one of my favourite cities not only in Mexico, but the world.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This hostel is so great I've actually chosen to spend my whole exchange student here :)
The swimming pool, the ping pong table, the home cinema are nothing compared to the staff, always ready to help you in any way, amazingly cheerfull all the time, and proposing a ton of tours and activities of any kind (lucha libre, trip to tequila, dinners, parties....).
I recommend it for any person wanting to spend a great time in Guadalajara !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I came to the hostel because I needed a place to stay while looking for an appartment. What I found was an amazing hostel located in a great historical building in the center of Guadalajara, perfect to explore the nice city center and the nightlife on Chapultepec. But what I liked most about the hostel were the people - I came there on my own, and within 5 minutes of having walked into the hostel I already felt at home. The staff makes it easy to feel comfortable, I learned a lot from them and I spent a lot of time just chatting and fooling around with them until late at night, and I really feel like I came there as a guest and left as a friend. Until today I like to visit the guys of the hostel from time to time just to say hello or to drink a beer. It was the best way to start my stay in Guadalajara, I really recommend this place for anyone coming to this amazing city!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The Hostel is located in a great position in the Center of Guadalajara. It is very clean and has nice rooms and a big living room with sky and table tenis. The pool in the garden is very cool to relax and enjoy the sun. In the citchen there is everything you need. All the staff, but especially Oscar and Gabriela, is really friendly and we had a lot of fun.

It´s the perfect hostel to stay with your friends or alone.

I really recommend it!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Calangute, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Good Location, good clean rooms, clean beds, clean toilets and showers, a welcoming Tequila drink....warm friendly staff...no restrictions on coming back late...cheap Corona available at the front desk...free n fast speed internet...n walking distance to all the Tourist Attractions and the Bars of the City!!....all in all an excellent place!! :-)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I'm one of the lucky guys who stayed in Tequila Hostel for almost 2 weeks at the beginning of my stay in GDL. The hostel is the perfect place for your experience in this beautiful city. It's located very close to the historic centre and the main nightlife area "chapultepec" respectively. The rooms are cleaned every day, as well as the kitchen. There is a nice living room with table tennis, TV and not to forget the nice swimming pool, where you can relax and / or party with your roommates and the amazing staff. Gaby and Oscar are lovely - Always funny and very helpful! its a perfect place for backpackers, due to very reasonable prices and tourists who don't need a 5 star resort. I strongly recommend this place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying in Tequila Hostel for 6 nights at the start of my student exchange here. I was greeted by the lovely Gabby and a cold beer after my 14 hr flight and straight away I was able to lie down and rest in my comfy dorm! The staff team Juan Carlos, Gabby, Oscar and Fernando were all extremely professional but also they seemed like close friends as well, who you could go and have a big chat with! Make sure to have a game of ping pong with the professional Oscar! The breakfast was deliiiicious- I was just expecting cereal and milk for breakfast but they had prepared so much more (and I have been cooking huevos a la mexicana at my new house every morning ever since I arrived here!). Cheap beer and tequila is always available to drink at the hostel, the dorms are very spacious and are always so clean, and the colonial interior of the place is so pretty. There are so many communal places in the hostel to hang out with your dorm mates and chat/drink + a host of places to relax and read if you need to wind down, like the hammocks! the pool is heaven and there are so many people constantly coming in and out, so its impossible not to make lots of friends. The hostel is located very close to the centre, and there are so many bars and cheap taco stands near the hostel as it is located a 10 min walk to the main street (Chapultapec) for student bars/going out. The hostel can organise tours for you- I had a wonderful day in the town of Tequila located an hour away and I also went to to Lucha Libre (Mexican wrestling) with a big group of people from the hostel. Normally I don't write reviews but I feel like I need to let everyone know how delightful my stay was here. Thanks so much to the staff for being so welcoming and giving me an awesome first impression of the wonderful city that is Guadalajara :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hostel Tequila Backpacker? Share your experiences!