“Nice Room, Nasty Shower, Bad Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Dali Plaza Hotel

You added Dali Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Dali Plaza Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Pedro Moreno No. 570 | Col Centro, Guadalajara 44100, Mexico   |
Ranked #42 of 115 Hotels in Guadalajara
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
“Nice Room, Nasty Shower, Bad Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

The room had a very elegant look. My wife loved the mirror behind the door. The Steren electronic safe was a very good thing to have, but the shower was terrible. It seemed that the shower had not been given maintenance in a long time. The shower head was deformed and water was gushing out everywhere. There was a hole underneath the shower wall and one big puddle formed every time we showered. I requested the leak be fixed, but the lady at the front desk told me that "the maintenance guy was out for the day..." and she gave me extra towels so I could cover the hole myself.
Another thing worth mentioning is the hotel's location. It is very conveniently located in downtown Guadalajara, but unless you plan on having the A/C on all night to drown outside noise, you will have to put up with the loud music coming from the night clubs nearby.

Long story short: I wish all low-budget hotels had elegant rooms as Dali Plaza, but I surely will not stay there again. I love nice showers and I definitely do not like going to bed having to put up with loud music coming from the outside.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

While eating breakfast, with my bags two meters behind me against the wall, someone sauntered along, most likely a hotel employee, and stole a small bag containing all of my clothes. The hotel staff acted like they could care less. They did not call the police, bother to look or otherwise get off there arses. They did absolutely nothing to assist me after all of my clothes HAD BEEN STOLEN. All they offered was to have the manager look at the security tapes six hours later. I asked them if they could please call or email me after the manager had reviewed the tapes to tell me what they found. I never heard back from them.

Aside from the theft bit, the hotel isn't too bad other than if it rains. Then you will be treated to the pleasant odor of raw sewage. Oh, and if you go outside late at night, you should know that you are in a high crime area and, well, good luck with that.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Been to Dali Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Dali Plaza Hotel

Address: Pedro Moreno No. 570 | Col Centro, Guadalajara 44100, Mexico
Location: Mexico > Jalisco > Guadalajara Metropolitan Area > Guadalajara
Ranked #42 of 115 Hotels in Guadalajara
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Dali Plaza Hotel 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Dali Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Dali Plaza Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.