“Great place at a very reasonable price. Now our first choice in Guadalajara.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dali Plaza Hotel

Save Saved
You added Dali Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Dali Plaza Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Pedro Moreno No. 570 | Col Centro, Guadalajara 44100, Mexico   |
Ranked #38 of 110 hotels in Guadalajara
Calgary
“Great place at a very reasonable price. Now our first choice in Guadalajara.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel after reading other reviews here on Tripadvisor. We found it to fit our needs almost perfectly. The only drawback was that their Wifi didn't work in our hotel room. However, the lobby is generously appointed with tables and comfortable chairs, and their Wifi works fine there. In fact, my husband listened to a radio broadcast of a hockey game on our small netbook while relaxing in one of those chairs.

The rooms are a good size with comfortable furniture. We had a king size bed, but there are other bed choices as well.

We loved the shower. There was plenty of hot water and the temperature was easy to adjust. Where else can you shower and watch the sunset over the city at the same time yet have all the privacy you need? In fact, we really enjoyed the view from our windows as we looked north over the down town with the main cathedral just a few blocks away to the east.

The front desk personal are cheerful and helpful and most know enough English if you don't speak Spanish.

We thought the breakfast was excellent for the price. Since one breakfast came with the room we paid less than the equivalent of $5.00 for both of us to have a complete breakfast.

The Dali Plaza Hotel will definitely be our choice for future trips to Guadalajara.

Room Tip: Our room was at the end of the hall on the sixth floor so we have a great view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Vancouver, B.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

We had a great time at the Dali Plaza Hotel. Of course, nothing is perfect and especially not in Mexico. We always wonder who gives the star rating to the places.
The Dali is very conveniently located in the towns center. We could not wish for any better location.
The rooms are VERY clean and the service is great.
The ladies at the reception are just professional, but if you exchange a few nice words, they will do everything for you. Just be polite, have a smile and they are the best people you can wish for. They give you all information you want and never get tired to explain everything to you.
The guests at the Hotel are mostly Mexicans, family and business people.
The bar is nothing to write home about and the Internet is a big problem.
The fault is at the Telmex and not with the Hotel, but if you need the internet for business, it is sometimes frustrating.
But even the Internet Cafes have problems, so be patient, it will come back soon.
The rooms are quiet, as much as it can be quiet in a big city. We wish someone will have the rooster who is starting at 3:00 AM for lunch or dinner.
If you are used to mountain climbing, you won’t have any problems to use the bath room. The floor is 32 cm (12+ inches for the metric impaired) higher than the floor of the room. It is dangerous if you have to much Tequila and let the filtered beer or Tequila out at night. HA
All in all, judging the negative and the positive aspects, we would come back if we have to go to Guadalajara again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Nuremberg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I checked the hotel page here, called to see if I could get a better price if I contacted them directly... it was 50% cheaper here, so I made the reservation using tripadvisor. I dont know if it would worth the 950 pesos (normal price) but for 50 USD its quite a good hotel. Clean enough, but I saw some people complaining and asking a room change in the reception (maybe they paid the full price, hehehe).

Dont ask for directions in Guadalajara, or double check them, they trend to be nice, but sometimes they dont know for sure what they are answering.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

The Dali Plaza has a terrific location in the Centro Historico. Our room was extremely comfortable and very clean. There's no Wifi in the rooms, just the lobby, but it always worked fine when I used it. The breakfast buffet they offer isn't worth the money, in my opinion- we tried it once and the food was slow to come out so we wound up having to wait, and the quality of the food isn't so great for the price. There's a wonderful diner called Madoka just steps away, around the corner from the hotel. You'd be much better off having breakfast there (and it's cheaper than the buffet they offer too).

The housekeeping at Hotel Dali was excellent, and the housekeeping staff were really sweet and friendly and went out of their way to accommodate our requests. The front desk staff were were definitely professional and courteous but not particularly warm or friendly, though. I speak Spanish fluently so I'm not sure how well English is spoken by the staff (which may be an issue for some people). I did notice that the other guests all seemed to be Mexican families on vacation. I didn't see any other obviously foreign guests (and we stayed a week) which surprised me- at about $30 a night this hotel is a wonderful bargain. I would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Guadalajara.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

We managed to booked this place under $30 per night per room which was a huge bargain.

Travertine bath and chic deco, total boutique hotel quality. Only the wood laminate floor was a bit unleveled. It looked like they had converted this hotel from an office building of some sort. Other than that, the rooms were of good qualities.

The lobby was a bit small but clean. WIFI worked on and off. There was a bakery on the first floor which was convenient. Breakfast was not free but was reasonably priced.

Location-wise I didn't have much problem. The city center was a few blocks away.

There was a wonderful fusion-type restaurant called la Fonda de San Miguel. I had a seafood soup served in the molcajete. It was delicious!

Luckily we had some local friends who showed us around. We went to Tlaquepaque for the art and craft galleries. It was wonderful! : )

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

The Hotel is very clean and comfortable is better then the holiday inn with a very reasonable price.
The location is wonderful I was very happy there.

Room Tip: the best rooms in floor 7 and 8 the view is wondel
  • Stayed May 2011
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

The room had a very elegant look. My wife loved the mirror behind the door. The Steren electronic safe was a very good thing to have, but the shower was terrible. It seemed that the shower had not been given maintenance in a long time. The shower head was deformed and water was gushing out everywhere. There was a hole underneath the shower wall and one big puddle formed every time we showered. I requested the leak be fixed, but the lady at the front desk told me that "the maintenance guy was out for the day..." and she gave me extra towels so I could cover the hole myself.
Another thing worth mentioning is the hotel's location. It is very conveniently located in downtown Guadalajara, but unless you plan on having the A/C on all night to drown outside noise, you will have to put up with the loud music coming from the night clubs nearby.

Long story short: I wish all low-budget hotels had elegant rooms as Dali Plaza, but I surely will not stay there again. I love nice showers and I definitely do not like going to bed having to put up with loud music coming from the outside.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Dali Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!