“Dont stay at this hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Posada Guadalajara
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Lopez Mateos Sur 1280, Guadalajara 45040, Mexico   |
Ranked #111 of 114 Hotels in Guadalajara
CERES,CA
“Dont stay at this hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I Checked out!!!!! Not only was the room dirty you couldn't shower due to the hotel not having hot water!!! front desk was no help call every 20 min to check if the hot water was coming back never did they made excuses every time.

Room Tip: None..... dont stay here!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Went to Guadalajara for work and stayed for almost two months with many other people. At first, my co-workers and I noticed that Housekeeping was obsessed with cleaning our rooms! It seemed like they were constantly barging in. There is a deadbolt lock on the doors, but apparently, anyone can open the lock with a key making it useless at keeping hotel staff out. After a few days there, I noticed about 2000 pesos turned up missing. I figured i must have spent it, or misplaced it at first. Then, other co-workers kept finding their valueables missing. One guy was missing a camera, another person's cell phone turned up missing, etc. A couple of people said they heard someone come into their room in the middle of the night and woke them up. They said something, and the person left the room. These people were barging in and robbing us blind at all hours of the day!!! The doors have no effective locks, chains, etc., to keep these people out and were were stuck there for 60 days!!! Hotel staff seemed unconcerned with complaints and these people continued to steal from our group pretty much the entire stay. I will NEVER NEVER NEVER stay at this hotel again. I'm not sure if it's just this hotel, or all hotels in this city. In fact, If I NEVER returned to Guadalajara for the rest of my life, it would be too soon. These people have no shame.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

This may not just be this hotel, but Mexico in general, but the rooms have no locks. No deadbolts, no chains, nothing. Housekeeping were relentlessley coming into our room weather the do not disturb sign, IN SPANISH, was up or not. Someone came into our room and stole all our valueables while I was in the SHOWER! I heard them come in! Several friends of ours had things turn up missing from their rooms during the stay too! Management did not take our complaint seriously because they were probably in on it. Spoke to a friend from Guadalajara when I got back who told me that it is a scam and that's why there are no locks on the doors. He said that they are robbing people and the everyone in the hotel is in on it. They steal all they can, sell it, and everyone gets a cut. Avoid this hotel/city/country if at all possible. If you stay in this hotel, don't be afraid to be mean to the housekeepers if they bother you, and don't bring anything with you that you don't mind leaving behind. It is a culture of THEIVES!!! I am boycotting Mexico for the rest of my life!

P.S. I am not boycotting mexican people, but the theiving culture of most mexican cities.

Room Tip: Don't bring any valuables. Even the safes aren't safe.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

I made reservations at the Posada Guadalajara for my parents when they came to visit me and my wife here in Guad in November 2009. The hotel is within walking distance to our house and was remodeled a couple years ago, so I thought it was a good bet. Especially considering the prices, it turned out to be a real winner. They were very accomdating to me when I went in to ask about the hotel and make reservations for my folks and the staff was great throughout their visit. My parents decided to go with a Suite, but the regular rooms were also quite nice. My only concern when booking the Posada Guadalajara was that I've seen bus loads of teens / soccer teams stay at the hotel (I'm sure they get good group rates) and I was worried that my parents might have noisy neighbors, but it turned out to be a non-issue. In front of the hotel is one of the busiest roads in the city, but directly behind the hotel is the neighborhood I live in and there are a couple of really nice, quiet parks if you want to just get out and walk around. Also nearby are several descent places to eat and a grocery store, so you can very readily get what you need and take it back to the hotel. In the end, my parents were very pleased and I would definitely put them or my friends up at the Posada for future visits.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

Hotel Posada has Old World Charm and architectural style. The first thing that welcomes you is the huge, sculpted two-tiered fountain smack in the middle of a circular pool which you can see from the lobby. The pool/fountain stand in the middle of the ground floor with the 7 floors of guest rooms in a square around it. Hallways are like one long balcony that overlooks the pool. Floors are marble, doors are solid and also carved, appointments all luxurious. Conference rooms have HD televisions suspended from ceilings, as well as remote controlled white screens for projection. The restaurant's food rates 3.5 on a scale of 5, but the service is 5+. Our room was a suite on a corner of the 4th floor with living room, wall-to-wall windows on the perpendicular walls, refrigerator, desk, coffee maker, large closet, television. There was a second bath with a tub, while the master bath had a large shower. Unlike tiny European hotel rooms at this price range, Posada's rooms are spacious!
The location of the hotel was near lots of good, small restaurants and cafes, as well as a fabulous fine dining Spanish and Italian restaurant (Du So Sole which I'll review separately), large grocery store (Soriana), full service car wash and more all walking distances away.
The only real problem we had was the sketchy internet connection via wi-fi. Although free, we hardly were able to get on-line.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Hesperia, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2008

My only complaint is that we had to leave early to meet the train for the Tequila Tour. We are looking forward to returning and making up for the quick departure. I can't wait

• Liked — Room was very clean and comfortable
  • Stayed July 2005, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2007

Maids entered my room twice after I posted the do not disturb sign (which is in Spanish) once was at night and I was already in bed. The restaurant got my order wrong three times and only got it right once I spoke with the mgr. TV in room not working properly, only stayed 2 out of the 4 days, after that I switched hotels.

Stayed March 2007

Been to Posada Guadalajara? Share your experiences!