“Outstanding hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quinta Real Guadalajara

Save Saved
You added Quinta Real Guadalajara to your Saves list
Quinta Real Guadalajara
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Mexico 2727 Col Vallarta Norte, Guadalajara 44690, Mexico   |
Ranked #30 of 113 hotels in Guadalajara
Canada
“Outstanding hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

We just spent nine nights in Guadalajara and found the Quinta Real to be one of the finest properties we've been to.
It's hard to believe that such an up to date hotel is actually 25 years old. It's designed in a repro Hacienda style with low rise buildings and beautifully maintained gardens. From the minute we arrived, the staff were polite and professional. We had been up-graded to a Grand suite room which was very large with a comfortable sitting area. It had a flat screen TV and a large, marble bathroom with two vanities and a big jacuzzi.
Twice daily maid service kept the room immaculately clean. And I'm a sucker for the Lindt truffles they put on the pillows.
We booked a rate which included daily breakfast. We had discovered the BandB rate ($169.00 - $10.00 pp more than room only) on Preferred Hotels website and the hotel matched it. It was a great deal particularly since weekend bkfst was a grand buffet.
We had two dinners at the hotel and the food was excellent with a high standard of attentive service.
The hotel does a pretty good job of up-dating. They recently put in a large business centre with several complimentary computers. Their new fitness centre is very well equipped.
There is free WiFi in the public areas. They are in the process of extending it to all rooms and during the set-up period, it's free! I spoke to the extremely pleasant Front Office Manager and suggested that they provide complimentary Wifi on a permanent basis.
Our only disappointment was with the very pleasant, but young and seemingly inexperienced concierge. We had a problem attempting to rent a car. I asked for her help but she was unable exercise much influence over the company ( National ) in question. I attributed this in part to the fact that, I believe, there is very little leisure tourism in Guadalajara, and consequently very infrequent car rental. The hotel did offer me an apparently dependable car to rent with a local company but at a rate about three times the rate available through international companies. Also, the jacuzzi in the room was slightly dated - the jets were fixed from age and the air vents had been sealed. The fibreglass had lost some lustre and the non-slip pads slightly soiled.
I think largely as a result of the paucity of foreign tourists, the people of Guadalajara ( hoteliers, taxi drivers, waiters, etc.) were absolutely delightful. At no time did we feel taken advantage of or personally insecure.
While the hotel is a fair distance ( ten minutes by cab ) from the historic centre - an extremely interesting area - it is located in the heart of the Zona Minerva which is the business/trendy part of town. There was a good selection of excellent restaurants nearby.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

Spent two awful night there last week-end in a nice looking but worn suite. Bulbs were burned (and never changed) and the carpet and curtains were worn and not clean.
It was freezing cold (6 celsius) and no heat...not even in the dining room, where the food was simply, bad. Both of us returned our main dishes because the meat was old and rather smelly. To boot, the fellow who checked us out included in our bill receipts a whole bunch of charges to someone else in another room....I just hope when we get home they did not put those on our credit car. What a disappointment!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Intrepid Londoner
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

The Quinta Real GDL is trading on the quality of the accommodation. The service was poor - consistently.

I was pursued TWICE and to have a cash payment demanded of me immediately in my room for breakfast two days in a row when there was an approved card held at reception. It was unreal - not had that one in a 5-star hotel before.

Staff do not acknowledge you or greet you as you arrive or leave - the atmosphere is pretty distant and unfriendly.

In the morning there is music at breakfast, a fairly okay musician but wow the singer was dire.

I pretty much hated the stay here, it is ridiculously overpriced. The pool is tiny and not working - they should have something heated for nearly 300USD a night. I would suggest you stay somewhere else for half the money and better service (such as Fiesta Americana etc).

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Guadalajara, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

What a hotel, great rooms, great food!, great room service!, the only thing missing is wifi, they only have wired internet, but what a hotel!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Monterrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

Concierge, front desk, valet, bartender, everyone was nice and helpful, the suite was comfortable and quiet, just what you need after a long day of meetings, exercise room was modern and spacious, only problem I had was with the minibar, I was billed for some mints and liquor I didn't take, I just explained at checkout and they corrected it , I just didn't like the experience of having some mints taken out one day and a liquor the next one, anyway that wont keep me from returning on my next trip.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
GREEN BAY WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

My wife my baby boy of 17 months and I spent 9 days at the Quinta real in July 2009 my wife and son are Americans and I’m born and raised in Guadalajara so when we decide to visit my family there I knew that the Quinta real was the right place.

Our stayed was a first class experience, me and my family stayed there for 10 days. Check in was painless as soon we arrive there they offered a bottle of cool water or a cocktail, 5 minutes later we were in our room.
The room including the bathroom was wonderful very spacious and clean, when we booked our trip we requested a crib for our 17 month old baby and it was already there ready when we arrive, the AC in the room worked perfect, The furnishings were of high quality, and the beds comfortable.

House keeping did a really good job keeping our room clean at all times. The staff in general is very friendly and you really feel safe there. All the staff the we talked to spoke English, the out side areas are very well kept. The swimming pool is not very big but big enough to have a good time and cool down from the heat. There is internet access at all times for free in the business room. We just had break fast there, lunch and dinner we ate out because the prices are very expensive I know this is a top class hotel and also I know that the food is really good but trust me I’m from GDL and there are many restaurants close to the hotel with the same quality of food and very good prices, you can ask the concierge for some more info about all the different options for food around.
This is a great hotel with a high level of service. The surroundings are gracious, and the rooms comfortable. I would gladly return

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
New Albany, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

My wife, 11 year old son and I spent four pleasant evenings at the Quinta Real Guadalajara in February, 2009. I recommend the hotel to discerning travelers.

We stayed in a Grand Class Suite, which was a single large room (why do hotels persist in calling a single room a “suite”? Dictionary definition: “a group of rooms occupied as a unit.” One room is not a group. But Quinta Real is not along in this mislabeling, and I digress). About one third of the room was one step lower than the rest, and that portion was furnished with a round table and two chairs, and a separate sitting area with an easy chair and a sofa. We had a set of sliding doors that opened to a railing (no balcony). There was little reason to open the doors since to our right was the fairly busy Avenida Lopez Mateos, hidden from view behind some trees.

Our building appreared to be the newest of the group of buildings which make up the hotel. The original building were away from Lopes Mateos, and so would probably have been quieter with the windows open. That said, noise was never an issue for us, and the HVAC in the room worked perfectly.

The remaining two thirds of the room had our two full beds, along with a desk, dresser and luggage racks. The furnishings were of high quality, and the beds comfortable. Quinta Real has a pillow service that allows you to select from about 6 different kinds. My son had fun trying a different combination each night.

Our bathroom was quite large, with a huge tub/jacuzzi with shower combo. We had two sinks. The amenities were Hermes (Green Lemon). I love Hermes shampoo, and my only disappointment with our stay was that once we finished the shampoo it was not replenished – even after a call to the front desk specifically asking for more. Odd.

The breakfast options were fantastic. The ordinary menu had a large range of selections, and then over the weekend there was an extensive buffet, with a wide range of offerings, all good. I particularly became fond of the pan dulces on offer. The glassed-in portion of the restaurant where we had breakfast each morning almost defines my idea of a perfect breakfast spot – sunny, bright and comfortable. We had a very late dinner at the restaurant one evening, and although we didn’t each much, found the food to be very good.

The pool is very small (and pretty cold), with a slightly warmer but still cool “hot” tub. My wife and son soaked a bit in the “hot” tub.

The grounds are very lovely, and well landscaped.

We got help from the concierge staff in making restaurant reservations, arranging our airport pickup and in planning our days. The service was excellent.

This is a fine hotel with a high level of service. The surroundings are gracious, and the rooms comfortable. I would gladly return.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Been to Quinta Real Guadalajara? Share your experiences!