“Beautiful gardens and excellent service!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
GET A BETTER ROOM ¡NOW!
Ranked #53 of 113 hotels in Guadalajara
Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico
“Beautiful gardens and excellent service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

I booked an executive room, it was very good, it has jacuzzi and a very nice garden view.
Breakfast is great. Is buffet and they have a lot of different kind of juices. Service is also great.
But the gardens are the best, I think that there is no other place in town with those gardens.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

This is only my second review on TripAdvisor but I really feel I have to write about my stay here. This is supposedly a four-star hotel, a part of the Camino Real chain, so I was excepting something nice. However, the hotel was very disappointing and the nice features – the landscaping, the breakfast, the wait staff – didn’t really make up for the not so nice ones.

Here are just a few of the things I found annoying: When I checked in, nobody asked if I wanted to leave a credit card to charge expenses. When I got to my room, there were no water bottles in the spot where they were supposed to be, and because I didn’t have an open card it took 30 minutes to get a bottle of water! Room service sent the water, went to get change, couldn’t get change, took my card, went all the way back to charge it, and came all the way back. (And my room is in the very back of the hotel so the poor guy had to walk a lot!)

The internet kept signing me out and I had to request new passwords several time. Some meeting rooms had no signal.

Remote control doesn’t work, and the TV lived a life of its own: it would randomly switch back to the “menu” channel, and several channels would stop working from time to time.

The carpet and bedspreads are filthy! I think the cleaning crew is doing a good job but these rooms are old! The chairs are worn and the sheets are like paper. The bathroom was fine but not as nice as other Camino Real hotels I have stayed at.

Breakfast was good – but the other meals were not. Dry meat, undercooked vegetables, soggy French fries.

I asked if there was an express check out option (since I am leaving at 5am) but was told that of course not, I would have to check out in the morning. Most business hotels these days seem to have some kind of express check out where you can check out the night before but no!

I am currently trying to sleep since I have to get up so early, but there is a party in the room next door and I can hear every word.

In conclusion, this is not a business hotel, it does not provide the services a business traveler wants, and I do not recommend it.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Guadalajara, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

My brother in law and sister in law (from Mexico City) made a reservation at the Camino Real as it USED TO BE NICE...the next day they MOVED OUT - said it was funky and old and poor service. Too bad cause it used to be nice! There is a COOKING OIL factory across the street that makes it smell quite a bit...nope, it needs an OVERHAUL big time!

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Eastern Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

My business associate booked this hotel for me when I was in Guadalajara. It is a very large hotel (out, not up) and it can be a bit confusing finding your room. I was here for a couple of days and the food was absolutely fabulous! The first night I checked in I had signfiicant problems. The wireless internet wouldn't work, a light was out, and the phone didn't work. I made multiple calls and trips to the front desk and finally had to ask for a manager. Once I explained to the manager what was going on he had three people in my room fixing everything immediately. I travel often enough to know problems happen. This hotel did everything correct to address the issue promptly and I would stay here again.

• Liked — food
  • Disliked — confusing layout
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2008

The grounds were beautiful, and the room was spacious (if a bit outdated), but several maintenance issues marred the experience. First, the air conditioner in the ceiling leaked, causing water to drip on to the floor like an open faucet. It took several calls to get someone to look at it. The repair was unsuccessful, and several addiional calls were apparently ignored. I demanded a different room the next day, and in that one, the toilet did not flush. The staff could definitely be more proactive. This is a good hotel for conventions, but I am not sure I would rcommend it to anyone else.

• Liked — surrounding grounds
  • Disliked — poor maintenance upkeep, outdated decor, location far from the city center
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
CaminoRealGdl, Sales Director at Camino Real Guadalajara, responded to this review, December 5, 2008
We apologize for all the misshapenness occurred on your trip. I assure you that we are going to follow up the complains aforementioned in order to correct them.
We would appreciate to have you again.

Sincerely

Nelly Gutierrez
Sales Director
Puerto Vallarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

It's not a five star hotel, but we didn't expect one. Our room was spacious, clean, and comfortable (though the TV didn't work properly). The bar and dining room were modern, menu was extensive. We found the staff to be very helpful and friendly and check-in was quick. In room internet is a total rip-off ($16 US per day). But the hotel is convenient to shopping on the north end of town where two major malls along with Costco and Sams are located. I would stay again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — a bit noisy and high cost of internet service
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ontario, canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

The staff is outright hostile. The rooms are dirty, or unfinished. The carpet in your room is sticky. The staff (fron desk and management) will do all it can to squeeze every dime out of you. For instance, in your room you'll find bottled water and liquor clearly marked as costing more. But your little coffee pot with complimentary coffee sits there innocently - until WAIT! You drink it and you're billed for that crummy coffee you didn't even want. Unheard of yet when a refund is requested (several guests also asked) the frontdesk staff is alternately rude or suddenly unable to understand you. It's a small rip-off that nevertheless reflects the whole tone of the place. AVOID AVOID AVOID,

Stayed February 2008
CaminoRealGdl, Sales Director at Camino Real Guadalajara, responded to this review, October 1, 2008
We sincerely appreciate every review, since these feedbacks give to us the opportunity to improve our services and to offer to our guests an enjoyable stay. Referring to the review, it pleases me to inform that we are working on and evaluating very closely the behavior of the staff toward our guests, and all the complains aforementioned are in a correction process.
We hope you could take the Hotel Camino Real Guadalajara on mind in your next visit.

Sincerely
Nelly Gutierrez
Sales Director

Been to Camino Real Guadalajara? Share your experiences!