The hotel used to be a symbol of Mexican hospitality (all of them, not just Guadalajara). Today it's pretty run down and somewhat standard. Communication between front desk and the janitorial system is, to say the least, peculiar. Every day the cleaning lady knocked at the door at 7:30 to check if there was anyone there!
The rooms need maintenance. The personell was helpful, attentive and ready to fix things (like the phone that didn't work, took 3 hours but was the provider's fault). US$7 (or 14?) for internet at these hotels is pretty unheard off. Anyway, I guess the price was right but it was negotiated through the Feria del Libro de Guadalajara, a world event.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camino Real Guadalajara is located on the west side, in front of the Chamber of Commerce and a few steps from La Gran Plaza Fashion Mall, one of the largest malls in the city. 12 Miles from the International Airport Miguel Hidalgo, 4 miles from city center and 2.5 Miles from the exposition center Expo Guadalajara, it is located between two of Guadalajara's most important avenues: Av. Vallarta and Av. Lazaro Cardenas. Account with 205 rooms. Restaurants & Bars: Maria Bonita exquisite mexican dishes and wide selection of the best Tequilas in the region (it's open between 7:00 am until 01:00 am) La Huerta for breakfast, lunch and dinner surrounded by beautiful gardens (it's open between 07:00 am until 11:00 pm), Lobby Bar for drinks and snacks (it's open between 12:00 pm until 01:00 am ) Meeting rooms: We offer variety of meeting rooms wuth capacities from 20 up to 700 people , high technology in audio and video . Services: Non smoking rooms , Rooms for people with disabilities , Barber shop, Tobacco shop, Laundry, valet service, shoe shine stand , self-parking, valet parking, meeting rooms, Catering service, High speed wireless internet acces, Business Center, Concierge Service, Cribs, Babysitting services,4 pools (it's open between 08:00am until 20:00 hours ), Lighted tennis court, playground area , Mini golf course, Gym (it's open 24 hours.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Camino Real Guadalajara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real Guadalajara Hotel Guadalajara
- Camino Real Hotel Guadalajara
- Guadalajara Camino Real Hotel