It was once a great hotel! I know that its gone through financial downs and this might be the reason it is lackluster now.
My room, towards the back of the property welcomed me with a dirty sock odor that took quite a while to get rid of (or get used to?) and a pile of dirty linens that sat at my doorfront for several hours. The ugly stain on the carpet stared at me during my whole stay. Overly firm mattresses.
We ordered room service and thought it pricey for Mexico ($15 USD for a very regular hamburger). The breakfast buffet is set out in a nice garden area and the service was adequate. Food choices were ample but common.
We had to call four times and wait two hours for pool towels! When we got to the heated pool you could tell that it was in need of maintenance as MANY tiles were missing. The gardens surrounding the rooms and pools are old and very nice.
All in all, I'd probably pick another hotel to stay next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camino Real Guadalajara is located on the west side, in front of the Chamber of Commerce and a few steps from La Gran Plaza Fashion Mall, one of the largest malls in the city. 12 Miles from the International Airport Miguel Hidalgo, 4 miles from city center and 2.5 Miles from the exposition center Expo Guadalajara, it is located between two of Guadalajara's most important avenues: Av. Vallarta and Av. Lazaro Cardenas. Account with 205 rooms. Restaurants & Bars: Maria Bonita exquisite mexican dishes and wide selection of the best Tequilas in the region (it's open between 7:00 am until 01:00 am) La Huerta for breakfast, lunch and dinner surrounded by beautiful gardens (it's open between 07:00 am until 11:00 pm), Lobby Bar for drinks and snacks (it's open between 12:00 pm until 01:00 am ) Meeting rooms: We offer variety of meeting rooms wuth capacities from 20 up to 700 people , high technology in audio and video . Services: Non smoking rooms , Rooms for people with disabilities , Barber shop, Tobacco shop, Laundry, valet service, shoe shine stand , self-parking, valet parking, meeting rooms, Catering service, High speed wireless internet acces, Business Center, Concierge Service, Cribs, Babysitting services,4 pools (it's open between 08:00am until 20:00 hours ), Lighted tennis court, playground area , Mini golf course, Gym (it's open 24 hours.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Camino Real Guadalajara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real Guadalajara Hotel Guadalajara
- Camino Real Hotel Guadalajara
- Guadalajara Camino Real Hotel