“Nice clean hotel, excellent location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Real Inn Guadalajara Centro

You added Real Inn Guadalajara Centro to your Saves list
Real Inn Guadalajara Centro
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ave Juarez 123 Col. Centro, Guadalajara 44510, Mexico (Formerly Best Western Plaza Genova)   |
Ranked #49 of 115 Hotels in Guadalajara
Wichita
“Nice clean hotel, excellent location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

This is an older hotel, but it's very clean and the staff has been accomodating and friendly. There are definitely nicer places to stay, but if you're looking for a good price and an excellent location, this would be hard to beat for the area around Centro...

In my case, I am able to see the Cathedral towers from my room...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

While planning a weekend vacation in Guadalajara, Mexico, I booked the Best Western Hotel Plaza Genova. I then looked up the Tripadivsor 2010 reviews for this hotel.

The poor reviews gave me some concerns about the quality and service of the hotel. However, we did stay at the Best Western Hotel Plaza Genova and here are the results.

When we arrived we were met immediately by a porter to handle our luggage whilst checking in. Our checking in process at 10:30 AM was very courteous and efficient. We were then escorted to our very clean and modern room on the 2nd floor. We found that the location of the hotel was perfect for walking around and exploring the historical El Centro of Guadalajara. We had access to the markets and restaurants without the need for a car or taxis to get around. We were very pleased with this totally non smoking hotel as it offered very good value.

We feel that the negative 2010 Tripadvisor opinions, although maybe appropriate at that time are no longer valid.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

We are Mexican, and even us, got treated the worst. No Spa, No sauna...as stated. Over CHARGED me. I got it for one night at $82, and when we got there, they did not honor it. The girl took my reservation and threw it away. I went to speak with the manager the next day because I had stapled my bus tix.....HE NEVER showed up to talk. Another girl told us to wait 20 minutes for him. We waited 45....he never showed us. Our bedroom had roaches. We asked for another room. NADA.........nothing. Our AC didn't work.......they sent someone to fix it at 1:30am........stayed until 3am.....didn't fix it. Said sorry.

Go to Hotel San Francisco. Save your money. Best Western only has its location. Save your money and use it on a taxi to the mall. Don't come here. I expected more......especially being Mexican, I felt treated like I was lower class. They didn't know I am a doctor. Chucks.....I guess it is too late for them to say sorry.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Poway, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

Stayed here for the last week of the year. Location can't be beat for tourism- you don't stay in the touristy section which is some 15-20 minutes away and are within walking distance of all the historic sites. Taxi cab rides all end up being low priced because of the centralized location. There are several good places to eat and strolle within two blocks of the building. We had a 6th floor suite and found the place clean, the a/c working perfectly (almost too good!), the restaurant was delicious (enjoy the breakfast!). The staff working there are all top notch - I was quite impressed. Great linens, beds are a bit firm for western tastes - but this isn't a 5 star hotel, so who can complain? If you want a great value and exceptional service (without paying 5 star prices) - I have to say this is the perfect getaway.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
glendale ca.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2007

I stayed at the best western twice. The resaon people complain about it because they are spoiled. The service was excellent. The staff was always polite.Once though early in the morning the water was cold for some reason,they appologized and the problem was corrected.I lived in guadalajara for six month's. I am a american citizen no hispanic blood and i would choose to retire their over 90 percent of the world. This is a growing country give it time it will surpas alot of others. Many students take pride in their education as well as dress atire.Those who say that they had a bad experience on this sight are just that. BAD EXPERIENCE> Not to themselves to others.They would find something wrong in all parts of the world.Please remember we have streets in los angeles and others parts of the U.S that are far worse.Look at the mess after Katrina,years later and still sits as the day it happened.So in closing enjoy what good you see and that should surpase the bad.Their are alot of things to see and do their and you could never get tired.I worked and toured 6 months and never got enough there is alot to see./Paul

• Liked — LOCATION
  • Stayed May 2003, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
City San Fernando, State California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2007

Ladies at service counter were not polite. We felt like they were doing us a favor. We made our reservations at best western site and when we got to hotel they had no record of it. Even when we showed the reservation email the manager said we don;t have that service. I showed the best western site to the manager and he said he would look into it. Rooms are dated but clean, carpet is old and bathroom is dated but clean. You would think that becuase it is a best western we should expect more from their hotel. Bell boy was helpful. Hotel is wrieless and free. Close to everything Centro Historic. Probably would not stay here again due to how we were treated by service counter.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — service counter people
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SoCal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2006

I thought the fact this was a Best Western guaranteed a certain level of quality. But not in this case. The lobby gives you the impression that everything will be in good shape. But when you get in the room you realize these people have not remodeled in decades. And Im not just talking about furniture! The bathroom felt like stepping into the 60's.

But that isn't even the worst part. The place was not even clean! The carpet was SO DIRTY that my white socks turned grey instantly from walking across it. That was pretty gross to witness. It makes one wonder how long they leave these rooms dirty! Evidently years!

And it keeps getting worse! The hotel is right on a busy avenue, with traffic at all hours. That would not be a problem in a modern hotel. The windows are very thin and even when closed it sounds as if they are open.

And lastly but even worse, the windows in the bathroom run along the ceiling. They are made like the old windows in elementary school where they push open. But their windows would NOT CLOSE!!! Meaning even at night we had to sleep with the direct noise from the street. And we were on one of the top floors and it was still terribly noisy.

In the morning we frantically called other hotels looking for a room.. We found a nicer place that cost less. The only drawback was it being an extra 10 blocks from the center. Since we took taxis everywhere, it didnt matter.

Unless you like roughing it for top dollar, I would avoid this hotel! I don't know what Best Western was thinking, but they ruined out impression of the quality of their hotels! Good Luck All!

• Liked — Quick Check-In
  • Disliked — Noisy, Dirty, Old Furnishings, Slow Room Service
  • Tips/Secrets — Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Real Inn Guadalajara Centro? Share your experiences!