“A good and renovated hotel and reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars

Plaza Diana
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Circ. Agustin Yanez 2760, Guadalajara 44120, Mexico   |
Ranked #33 of 115 Hotels in Guadalajara
Mexico City, Mexico
“A good and renovated hotel and reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed in this hotel about in November last year for business purposes and what I found is a just renewed hotel with a nice decoration, good service and fare price. The room is much more bigger than some business hotels and location is very convenient to visit downtown or going for shopping to different malls. I fully recommend it!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Mendoza, Mendoza, Argentina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

This hotel took unauthorised payment from my credit card for a meal that I had not signed for, after my check out! Later they agreed they they couldn't do this and would refund the amount, but never did and stopped replying to my emails. Irresponsible, devious and illegal. Breakfast was terrible with the worst live music ever. Seedy atmosphere in reception during evenings due to "working girls" visiting clients. Absolutely not recommended

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

So we stayed at this hotel on our way back from Los cabos for our honeymoon, and this hotel was the right one to choose, we paid 750 pesos, (on our way to los cabos we stayed at the holiday inn and paid twice as much) we thought is was going to be just ok, for the price didn't expect much, but for our surprise, this hotel is really nice, the bell boy, told us it was just remolded and it looked great, we had read in the reviews to try the breakfast, so we did and it was great, no complaints, and extremely cheap. The room look great and clean, it had the basics, and was walking distance from "la Minerva" and some really good tortas... all in all a really nice hotel for a really good bargain. cant beat the price.

cons: we stayed in a room where you could here the service elevator, but thank God we only heard it twice, and our window didn't have view what so ever, Yet we were happy, we were there to enjoy the night and rest for our early flight.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We come to Guadalajara frequently and have been staying here for a couple of years. The renovation is wonderful. The rooms are really nice comfortable beds big towels and sunny rooms. The staff is friendly and always willing to help. However the best part is breakfast, wonderful food and service. I really do not recommend dinner or lunch it takes a long time and there is great food in the city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I think readers need a fair view of the Hotel Plaza Diana in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Yes, it is true that this property is under renovation; it's true that somehow their just new rooms have a smell that is related to the paint and new furniture.
BUT..the hotel is Modern, centrally located in a good neighborhood, the employeeds are well trained, the price of the rooms is fare for their luxury. AND..the management will walk the extra mile to make felt good.
As a personal experience I put a telephone call to te United States that was supposed to be the first 5 minutes free and the rest at a certain fee. The next day when I asked for my bill I was told the whole call was free as courtesy of the hotel. Time of the call was more than 50 minutes!

Room Tip: Higher floors ( 4th ) and ask for completed renovated room!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Lawndale, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I was actually enjoying my stay at this hotel until i had to encounter Magdalena at the front receiption area. She is not only an idiot but a mexican bimbo. If you decide to stay here and she happens to be at the front desk, make sure to ask for a supervisor. She has ruined my vacation........

I will never recommend this place to anyone...

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Guadalajara, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I'm sitting in my Plaza Diana room at this moment. Nothing old and smelly about this place. Everything here seems new and elegant. My rate for two nights, Sunday and Monday was
much less than I would expect for the value received. I just walked up to Av. La Paz and over to
Banco Santander on Av. Vallarta. Great neighborhood, lots of great eateries and points of interest. This is my first time in Guadalajara and It is one of the finest cities I have visited worldwide. Sincerely, Dr. Joel E. Wright

Room Tip: I presented my AAA card and got a great rate.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Plaza Diana? Share your experiences!