“Fantastic Bed, Amazing Pillows!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Guadalajara

You added Fiesta Americana Guadalajara to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Guadalajara
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Aurelio Aceves 225, Glorieta Minerva Colonia | Vallarta Poniente, Guadalajara 44110, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #20 of 116 Hotels in Guadalajara
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Bed, Amazing Pillows!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Great size room, enormous bed! The best pillows in the world, had a fantastic nights sleep. Dining was fantastic however my breaky was cold and very sloppy so I wouldn't recommend room servicing breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This hotel has many rooms, a little gym and a crowded breakfast area. A nicer option for excercise is provided for extra money since they are wall to wall with a sports City. The air conditioning system is too noisy in the room and there are not enough outlets near the bed area to charge your devices.

A ridiculous thing in the room is that the safety box is not fixed to the wall so you can basically can take it with you.

The breakfast area was so busy that we asked to have the service done for us at the bar area. However I admire the impecable service provided during that busy time by their beverage and food manager, Mr Ruben Valenzuela, who gave us an amazing service even with a crowd. Ask for this fine man´s service and you will not be disapointed.

The bed is too hard to be comfortable as well and the internet service is very slow, but free.The furniture in the room needs renovation

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room close to the elevators
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The staff was very accommodating and took care of me on my stay. I enjoyed everything about my stay however; I would recommend the hotel work on their breakfast for the executive floor. People travel to Mexico for authentic food not lox (cured salmon), bagels, and cut fruit. I will say the hotel accommodated my request by allowing me to eat in the lobby restaurant and credit the difference. This is partly why I felt the service was great all around. I will say that I was not happy with their approach to the US Dollar given that they do not exchange dollars into pesos and that you see their rates fluctuate with the dollar. When you receive your bill, you will notice a different rate every night given monetary fluctuations. It seemed liked they were nickel and diming me.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This hotel was the best! Our first contact was via email to the Concierge, Cecile Costa. She was very helpful to arrange for a taxi to pick us up at the airport. The driver held a very nicely printed card with our name and the hotel logo on it. He was in plain view at our baggage claim. Though this was a pricey ride compared to other roadside taxis, it just made us feel very secure in this foreign country.

She also was able to arrange for our daughter and her friend to check in on the same floor and ultimately next door! The rooms were very very spacious! Our room was on the 15th floor and had an excellent view of the city to the mountains through a very very large window. The beds were very comfortable as were the pillows... so often in other hotels they are big and hard or flat and hard. Our room had a refrigerator bar with drinks and snacks for additional purchase. (We bought only a beer.) They provide two complimentary small bottles of drinking water with another larger bottle available for purchase. However, the same brand of water was cheaper down the street at the 7-11... yes, 7-11 is all over Guadalajara! (There was also a BurgerKing and a Starbucks across the street.)

(We were previously advised to NOT drink the water nor drinks with the ice. All restaurants served bottled water. Just make sure that the seal is NOT broken when it is served.)

A bank was located next door. Thus, exchanging our money into pesos was easy. After a bit of practice, it was easy to know the US value comparison during our purchases. We used our cell phone calculator to compute this.

Communication was a big issue and not just the language:
We were there for a family wedding. We all attempted to upgrade our cell phone service to accommodate the Global Access to phone family and friends to coordinate all our activities. However, this was a failure for the most part. Thus, we ended up paying for some phone usage from our room. Many times, though, the Concierge would help us make our contacts to the other hotels where our family and friends stayed... at no charge. For some of us, texting was also beneficial. Since WiFi was free at the hotel, we could also make contact through Facebook and Facebook Messaging and a free text App, called WhatsApp.

Every employee was very professionally dressed and appropriately attired. They were also very friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable. It was evident that cleanliness was a major priority and janitorial service was visible in every nook and corner at almost any given time of the day.

Our "Vacation Package" included a free breakfast every morning. EXCELLENT! We took advantage of the daily breakfast buffet. The food was always fresh and top quality that included not only the customary fruits, yogurts, cereals, etc, but lox and bagels and caprice. A chef was available to prepare eggs any which way: we enjoyed huevos rancheros and chiliquilas. A huge pastry bar and fruit smoothies made fresh to order any which way. On Sunday they included a brunch that expanded the selection even further. Since the brunch was actually a little higher priced, the management just deducted the difference.

When it came to checking out, the Concierge advised us of the appropriate time to take the taxi to the airport. The front desk made the adjustments to our bill based on what we had put on our card. They gave us a receipt that clearly indicated the charges and what they were for. The Concierge flagged us a taxi that was much more affordable. Taxi service was extremely available anywhere/anytime.

Room Tip: We had the most basic room rate with a king bed and it was majorly upscale!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Mexico City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I visited this hotel since I did a business trip and a conference with 40 people from my company. In general the service and logistic for the meeting hall was average since the conditioning air had not enough power or maybe was not well coordinated by the people who helped us to coordinate the event.

The service at the reception was GREAT, the attitude of the bell boys and attendants is just amazing.

The hotel infrastructure is kind of old, they need a remodeling considering the branding of Fiesta Americana in Mexico.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the Fiesta Rewards Executive Floor. Subscribe to their loyalty program, is very...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Riverside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I loved the Mexican decor. Their bar is lovely - exactly what you need after a long day in the office. The staff is very attentive. There are some fine restaurants near-by. Overall, a great hotel for a business trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Pembroke Pines, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I just stayed at this hotel on Aug 21st for the first time. As other reviewers have noted, the overall appearance of the hotel is a bit dated, but acceptable. I only stayed there one night, and I have to say that the breakfast buffet was very good, both in terms of the number of options and the quality of the meal.

Nevertheless, there was an incident that really bothered me. When I got up early in the morning and opened the bathroom water tap, I got water that was dark brown (see pictures that accompany this review). I have to let the water run for about 2 minutes for it to turn normal. I was with a group of three other people in that hotel and all of them had the same problem. When I mentioned this to the front desk personnel, they said the maintenance department had to chance a water pump during the night and this was the origin of the problem. I think the problem and the explanation are both unacceptable.

I don't think I will be staying at this hotel again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fiesta Americana Guadalajara? Share your experiences!