“Avoid It!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #85 of 115 Hotels in Guadalajara
Mexico city
“Avoid It!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2005

I had seen the building in passing, and the name made it sound like a nice place. Wasn't I surprised! The first indicator should of been that they had a room available after 10pm and for $670 pesos a night.

I first struggled to find a parking slot... they have very few spots and the underground parking looked like a dungeon. It is not a full service hotel, and it appeared the night watchman was doing the checkin. I was offered a room on the 14th floor.

I opened the door to horrible room. The carpets were soiled, and nothing in the room worked (lamps, tv) and there was no air conditioning. My choices were to open the windows to the busy street noise and mosquitos, or keep it closed. There was an adjoining kitchen with the oldest looking stove and water heater. There was a gas smell. I literally pryed the window open for ventalation, and closed that kitchen door.

I decided I was going to exit the hotel as fast as possible. No such luck.. every single hotel was booked! I called about seeing another room, and the night watchman was unsympathetic. I was stuck.

I woke up early and was set to move, when there was a bit of administrative glitch in the office. It appears the receptionist had called in sick and the manager or owner was trying to check out clients. It got to my turn and they couldn't even find my vouchers or registration. I told the manager my room had been horrible. He agreed that the room was not their better ones and offered me another room. I said no thanks.. and he said since they had lost my registration and signed vouchers..he would not charge me for the room.

So, besides everything.. they have a very nice manager/owner.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business

Solo
Travelers also viewed these Guadalajara hotels
LA FE Hotel and Arts
Plaza Diana
Plaza Diana
#31 of 115 in Guadalajara
4.0 of 5 stars 89 reviews

Been to Bernini Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Bernini Suites

Address: Avenida Vallarta 1881, Guadalajara 44140, Mexico
Location: Mexico > Jalisco > Guadalajara Metropolitan Area > Guadalajara
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking
Ranked #85 of 115 Hotels in Guadalajara
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Bernini Suites 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Bernini Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Bernini Suites, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.