“Your average hotel but expensive” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Guadalajara Expo

You added Staybridge Suites Guadalajara Expo to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Guadalajara Expo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Mariano Otero: 2582 Ciudad Del Sol, Guadalajara 45050, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #33 of 115 Hotels in Guadalajara
Manzanillo, Mexico
“Your average hotel but expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

first off i hated the parking service and space!! there was a non-existent parking service, well i did saw this 1 guy running around and trying to resolve the traffic problem in their tiny parking space which is basically a 100sqmt parking space for 2 hotels. so forget parking valet!
Moving on to the service which was on borderline average to bad, considering the price you pay for a night one would expect a better service. at breakfast time there was just 1 waiter who didnt even attend to us nor spoke one word to us, everything was pretty much self service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Guadalajara Expo, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Chloe M,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret you received service which was less than satisfactory. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will address these to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This seems to be an old independent hotel that recently became affiliated to Staybridge.
The hotel is good, location is good, value is good, but definitely has nothing to do with other Staybridge properties that I stayed in throughout the U.S.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Guadalajara Expo, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear MauriceSuarez,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased our location suited you well and glad you found our hotel to be of good value. Please accept my sincere apology for falling short of your expectations. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Regards,

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed at staybridge in Oct 2010.Its a nice place within walking distance to Plaza de sol shopping area.We stayed in a one bedroom suite.The breakfast spread has limited vegetarian option,not that i am a vegetarian but had ample varieties of pork.
Hotel had a decent gym with a business centre to check Emails,happy hours with wines,heated pool with barbecue.The staff has difficulty in understanding English.Overall good value for money.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Arlington, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

I have stayed here several times. Each time has been for 2 week stays. This is my first time since it has been redone as a Staybridge Suites. I have no complaints at all. I was in a one bedroom suite with a living room and kitchenette that allowed for cooking (or not) and the refrigerator certainly allowed for options. It is across the way from a Mall that had a variety of eating places (Starbucks, ice cream, sandwiches, VIPS, Pizza, etc.). It is a within a short cab ride to more upscale eating establishments. The breakfast was more than adequate. Nothing fancy.I did buy some cereal at the supermarket and bring it to breakfast as they did not always have Bran Flakes! The Supermarket (Soriana) is in the mall so it is easier to buy some food if you do not want to eat out. It also has a small gym with an elliptical and bicycle. The Internet was easy to use and I had no problems wit it ( a major concern of mine). Desk people were helpful and nice. All in all it was a perfect place for me to stay.As other viewers have said, it is close to Tlaquepaque (30 min tops each way - about $12 each way). We went in the morning twice and had lunch and returned as I had to work by 2pm. Noise was not an issue for me - maybe I have stayed in much noisier places.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Toluca Mex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

My stay it this hotel was pleasant, I stayed over three nights and I really liked the room, cleanliness and the hotel location near to a commercial area. The breakfast was averages with some hot options. What I didn't like about the stay was the noise level at the room, I was able to hear all the noises from the room above mine, and traffic can be heard also even if I was about the fifth floor.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel five times in the past two years, but have waited until now to write a review about it. My experience has been very positive, with a few minor criticisms.

Pros- comfortable and clean; located near restaurants, shops, taxi stands and buses; staff is friendly and helpful; breakfast is good; and the hotel has AC

Cons- traffic noise is bad, but somehow i got used to it--the higher the floor, the less you hear it; internet connection is always available but not always fast. If you´re here for tourism, the sights (especially historic downtown, the center of Zapopan, and Tlaquepaque are quite a ways (5-12 dollar taxi ride).

I gave it five stars because I always manage to get a 1'bedroom studio for less than a 100 dollars. I buy my groceries at the nearby Soriana and cook in the room. It´s a good deal, really. I haven´t had any of the problems some of the previous guests have had, and have stayed in this hotel for more than 30 nights over a 2-year period.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Plaza del Sol and as high up as possible (those are quieter rooms)
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Mazatlan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

Great location in Guadalajara - a short trip gets you to Tonala, Tlaquepaque or downtown. Across the street are great restaurants, an underground 12 screen movie theater and an underground casino. Next door is a huge mall with something for everyone.

Valet parking is free. Staff is friendly and efficient. Breakfast is very enjoyable. The Fitness Center is perfect and there is tons of open space for just sitting and relaxing.

Room Tip: Room 300 (and probably 400, 500, etc.) are a little larger than other rooms due to the building desi...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Staybridge Suites Guadalajara Expo? Share your experiences!