“Great people hear but really bad A/C” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn by Hilton Guadalajara-Aeropuerto

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn by Hilton Guadalajara-Aeropuerto to your Saves list
Hampton Inn by Hilton Guadalajara-Aeropuerto
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carretera a Chapala No. 7012 las P, Guadalajara 45690, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #25 of 113 Hotels in Guadalajara
Colombia
“Great people hear but really bad A/C”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I came here and people was really nice.. by mistake I made reservation to another location in Guadalajara and people here were really helpful to change it to the one I need it.

Got a nice room, free airport shuttle.

Only thing I can regard is the A/C .. it is so weird to work with that.. at midnight start doing noise and getting really cool... then room goes over 27 Celsius and then back A/C... no way to turn it OFF.

Also, when I departed at 5:45am, I was not offered to have any quick breakfast or something like that even it was free buffet at 6:00 am.

However.. airport drive just took 10-15 minutes..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Parksville, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I chose this hotel after reading Trip Advisor accounts which helped me select it over Casa Grande which is closer to the airport but less desirable, according to reviewers. The Hampton Inn is a 10 minute drive to the airport, and due to the early hour of my flight and its more favorable rating, I chose it.

There are definitely some positive aspects to this hotel:
*air conditioned room with two double beds
*clean bathroom with large shower, partition between sink and toilet
*beautiful large desk with comfy chair
*exercise room
*drinking fountain with cold water
*coffee/tea available in lobby
*exercise room

What is did not appreciate:
*staff was efficient, but not friendly. One person was on the phone when I arrived, greeted me and started to give information, but took two more calls during our interaction.
* I booked a taxi for 4:30 a.m. the next day and when I entered the lobby @ 4:20, the desk clerk was on the phone. The taxi driver was awaiting me and he had my room number written on a slip of paper. It would seem that the clerk had questioned the fact he arrived @ 4 a.m. I knew he was there for me, but the clerk continued to chat. When she finished the call, the driver again stated my room number, and I confirmed that it was mine. I thanked the clerk, in Spanish, but she gave me a sour look and no response.
*evening staff told me that no hot breakfast was available, but there would be fruit. No sign of it in the a.m.
*Outside the front of the hotel is definitely fragrant; it smells like the animal stalls in the old PNE in Vancouver

This hotel was the most expensive one of my three week trip to Mexico. It is bland but perfectly located for a stopover.

In my opinion, it is NOT good value, overpriced and pretentious.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Georgetown, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

While working in Guadalajara I stayed at this hotel, it was a great choice! The staff was very friendly and helpful, the hotel was very clean and comfortable and happy our was a great way to unwind after some busy days. I would not think twice abut staying at this hotel again, I enjoyed it very much.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ajijic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

After my last hotel stay at a Ramada Inn East (Humble) which was a repulsive disaster, the Hampton Inn at the Guadalajara airport was the opposite and refreshingly nice. It was easy to book online, the front desk staff speak English well (good for me), they booked an early morning taxi for me (which was spot in time), Chiles restaurant next door was clean and up to par. The room was very clean and I loved it. Great TV, comfy bed, bathroom nicely appointed, free internet (which we all know is a number 1 perk).Coffee and tea in the lobby 24-7. I felt very safe and relaxed for the evening before my early morning flight. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: They had a welcome letter in my room in English so I guess it helped that they knew I am learning Sp...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This hotel is advertised everywhere as the "airport" Hampton Inn. It may be the closest American-grade hotel to the airport but seven miles is not what I call close. There is no courtesy phone at the airport and, if you don't have Mexico on your cell plan, it's either a 160 peso cab ride or wait for one of the flight crews to get the hotel shuttle. The hotel itself if standard Hampton Inn, clean but uninspiring. It's isolated from anywhere walkable, except for a Chili's in the front of the property. Make sure that you pay with the advance purchase rate. I paid $142 whereas my traveling companion paid $85. Note: The hotel has it's own sewage system. Don't get downwind while it's being pumped out in the morning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

It's off the main road, and the surrounding area is industrial, so don't stay here if you are on extended holiday. There's a Chilis within the hotel compound, outside the main building and no other restaurants within walking distance. Not sure if it's a good idea to walk outside the compound anyways. Stay downtown if you can because there's more things to see, do and eat. Cab rides to town costs about US 12 if I remember correctly, so if you add up the trip price both ways, you can get a similar standard or better downtown.

We chose this as we had an early business meeting nearby, and an early flight out since it just ten mins to the airport. They have complimentary pick up service at the airport, the driver named Jorge was really nice and spoke reasonably good English!

Rooms were nicely appointed, the mattress is OMG Fantastic! Downside is they don't have a bathtub, just a standing shower. Everything was clean. The housekeeping staff didn't speak English, so when I asked for something they couldn't understand. They took the initiative to call to reception so that they call me to ask what I need. I had the shower cap wanted within 5 mins, no hassle at all.

As a female I would say, it's a not a guy of your dreams, but definitely a guy with good pedigree ( Part of Hilton group) and worth a few dates if you have similar interests.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Since we live in Puerto Vallarta we've had to try quite a few of the hotels near the Guadalajara Airport when we have early or international flights. This is the best one! It is very close to the airport. They have a free shuttle service, just make sure you reserve ahead of time. It's a typical business hotel no perks but very clean and comfortable rooms. The breakfast buffet is disappointing but obviously this is a hotel for short stays. I saw a lot of flight attendants and pilots that's usually a good sign when looking for a practical hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn by Hilton Guadalajara-Aeropuerto? Share your experiences!