“Good for Layovers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn by Hilton Guadalajara-Aeropuerto

You added Hampton Inn by Hilton Guadalajara-Aeropuerto to your Saves list
Hampton Inn by Hilton Guadalajara-Aeropuerto
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carretera a Chapala No. 7012 las P, Guadalajara 45690, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #19 of 115 Hotels in Guadalajara
Victoria, Canada
“Good for Layovers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

It's off the main road, and the surrounding area is industrial, so don't stay here if you are on extended holiday. There's a Chilis within the hotel compound, outside the main building and no other restaurants within walking distance. Not sure if it's a good idea to walk outside the compound anyways. Stay downtown if you can because there's more things to see, do and eat. Cab rides to town costs about US 12 if I remember correctly, so if you add up the trip price both ways, you can get a similar standard or better downtown.

We chose this as we had an early business meeting nearby, and an early flight out since it just ten mins to the airport. They have complimentary pick up service at the airport, the driver named Jorge was really nice and spoke reasonably good English!

Rooms were nicely appointed, the mattress is OMG Fantastic! Downside is they don't have a bathtub, just a standing shower. Everything was clean. The housekeeping staff didn't speak English, so when I asked for something they couldn't understand. They took the initiative to call to reception so that they call me to ask what I need. I had the shower cap wanted within 5 mins, no hassle at all.

As a female I would say, it's a not a guy of your dreams, but definitely a guy with good pedigree ( Part of Hilton group) and worth a few dates if you have similar interests.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Since we live in Puerto Vallarta we've had to try quite a few of the hotels near the Guadalajara Airport when we have early or international flights. This is the best one! It is very close to the airport. They have a free shuttle service, just make sure you reserve ahead of time. It's a typical business hotel no perks but very clean and comfortable rooms. The breakfast buffet is disappointing but obviously this is a hotel for short stays. I saw a lot of flight attendants and pilots that's usually a good sign when looking for a practical hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is a basic Hilton Hotel but it is great value. The free breakfast is a high quality, serve yourself buffet. The beds are the usual great beds Hilton hotels always have. The room is simply furnished but adequate with wifi and a desk. Everything is spotlessly clean as you would expect. It's not the closest hotel to the airport, but given the quality and value you get it is by far the best bet if you are flying into or out of Guadalajara airport.

Room Tip: Get an odd numbered room - they do not face the main rosad and therefore are less noisy
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Fountain Hills, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The staff is great! We used their shuttle to return the rental car to the airport and to drop us off and pick us up after dinner. Breakfast was a complete hot meal. There is a nice Chili's Restaurant right next door. Entrance to the hotel is monitored/controlled by a guard gate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Hi, my airline stays at this hotel whenever we have a mechanical and need a few hours for the crew to rest. I stay in lots of hotels in USA, Canada and Mexico. I must say that I was impressed by this hotel Hampton Inn. They have the friendliest staff you could imagine. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. I had a small mishap when I left my wallet in my room and returned back to the USA. Housekeeping turned my wallet in. The manager, Saul, kept my wallet in the safe and went above and beyond to get my wallet back to me here in the USA, with excellent communication the whole way. I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat. On a scale of 1-10 I would give this hotel a 10. It's not a W Hotel but I would much rather stay here because you truly are made to feel at home. The driver offered to take us to really cool areas of town where you can buy handmade art by local artisans. It is a wonderful hotel. This is my second written review ever, I just had to share my positive experience at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sayulita, Nayarit, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here on the 21st October. We booked a deluxe room with king-sized bed and because of our flight arrival time, checked in at 2.30am. Upon entering the room, we noticed a foul smell, damp stains on the wall and creepy crawlies (we call them ear-wigs in the UK) crawling on walls and the ceiling. We called the front desk and noone picked up. It was so late and we had been travelling for 18 hours with a long day ahead to reach our destination so we decided to try and sleep.

The hotel's A/C is one of those that turns on and off noisily every few minutes and that, together with the foul damp smell (+ the air-freshener spray they had used to 'conceal' the damp) made for a very bad night's sleep.

We made a 'coffee' with the machine and coffee sachets provided in the room and it neither smelt nor tasted like coffee.

We complained to the manager of the hotel and pointed out the plaque on the desk which offers a full refund for an unhappy guest. As we had captured the bugs in a Hampton branded cup we asked him to come and see, but he said no. We showed him the photos we had taken. He apologized and admitted that the hotel was aware of the damp problem and so we asked for their refund policy to be applied to us, but e said that as we had booked through an agency, he said he could not apply it there and then. He promised he would contact the agency and let them know about the problem but so far, we have heard nothing. We are still waiting for a refund.

Maybe we were unlucky to get this terrible room when I see some of the good reviews. We thought it was one of the worst hotels we've have ever stayed in. Our room, 218 was like a stinky motel room you would get for $20 a night.

Room Tip: Don't choose room 218
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Fantastic rooms with all amenities. Quiet, clean and spacious. Breakfast starts at 6 am (earlier at times because flight crews stay here) and is well done. 24 hour coffee is appreciated. This is probably my 10th stay since I travel in MX a lot for business. This week I stayed a Sun and a Friday of my week and I really enjoy the place. There is a Chili's restaurant right next door if you are inclined to have American chain food with a Mexican twist to it.

Room Tip: Request 3rd floow or higher and to the rear of the building (#'s 20 +) due to some highway noise...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn by Hilton Guadalajara-Aeropuerto? Share your experiences!