“The best of the best!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Las Mananitas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ricardo Linares 107, Cuernavaca 62000, Mexico   |
Ranked #12 of 62 Hotels in Cuernavaca
Washington, DC
“The best of the best!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2006

This is one of the best hotels in Latin America. The rooms are elegant, the grounds are a delight and the service is worthy of a Relais & Chateaux property. The restaurant is fantastic...I wish I could eat breakfast, lunch and dinner there every day. Our room was a refuge from the outside world, and the staff is very kind and helpful. I wish Cuernavaca was as nice as Las Mananitas.

Stayed July 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Novato, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2006

At first site the entry wall appeared cold harsh and uninviting…but you enter the building and BAM! We had a lovely time and would go back in heartbeat. Yes outside the main entrance is Mexico filled with all the challenges of traveling of a 3rd world but isn’t that why your there to begin with? Las Mananitas is truly a sanctuary of escape from your daily excursions. It is centrally located in downtown Cuernavaca that makes great access to all the “must see” areas the city has to offer. There are so many things to tell you about the city itself and how it came to be but this is why you are there. Did you know Cortez who conquered the nation just because he had horses, built his empire from Cuernavaca?

If you choose to spend you time relaxing the beautiful pool area mixed with the acres of gorgeous gardens will soon rejuvenate your sole. The restaurant is first class and filled with a wide variety culinary choices (beyond Mexican) and the restaurant service was also incredible. There was one guy named Pablo who has worked there for 49 years which says a little about management’s commitment to its people. In fact after Pablo told us of his longevity here, many of the staff began sharing their years of service that out of 10 we spoke to averaged 20 plus years.

Can’t wait to plan another trip to Las Mananitas.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No english TV. hehehe
  • Tips/Secrets — Get a patio room away from the pecocks. They are great alarm clocks. :)
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2006

A friend and I stayed in Las Mañanitas this past weekend (August 18-20). We were attending a friend's wedding at the hotel. We arrived on Friday and stepped out of the room to join the wedding party at the hotel's bar area/veranda. The next morning we woke up early because a hairdresser was going to do our hair. I grabbed my wallet to pay the lady and didn't have one peso in my wallet. My friend checked hers and same thing. Before arriving at the hotel the previous day we stopped at an ATM to withdraw cash. Our next stop was the hotel, so there is no doubt whether the money was in our wallets/handbags. The amount stolen was approximately $140.00 dollars. Even though it's not a huge amount of money, it's almost half of our room rate per night. We spoke with hotel management only to hear they regretted the situation. This is not the first time I have stayed at the hotel. My family has always loved this hotel for its beauty and service. Even though this was probably an isolated incident, I'm extremely upset hotel management offered no sort of solution. They even questioned what I was telling them by saying they can't believe all the complaints they receive. They did offer a 5% discount which was like $13.00 dollars - ridiculous. Being a five-star hotel and a member hotel of "Relais & Chateaux" I would expect customer service to be at the same level. I travel a lot and regularly stay at these sort of hotels, I had never experienced such frustration at being offered absolutely nothing. They argued that that's what security boxes are for, but whether it's cash or a pair of shoes, you can't lock-up all your personal belongings in a safety deposit box. Moreover, you shouldn't have to worry about things like this at a "luxury hotel". Most importantly, you would expect hotel management to be more understanding and willing to offer a solution that would make their customers want to come back.

• Liked — The setting, the food
  • Disliked — Hotel Management service, money stolen from our room, no solution/compensation was offered.
  • Tips/Secrets — It's beautiful, just lock all your personal belongings!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Santa Barbara, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2006

It is still amazing to me to think of the juxtaposition of this quiet and romantic hotel in the middle of now bustling Cuernavaca. From the moment you enter the hotel, you know you are somewhere very special (unlike most of the commercial and contemporary hotels developed in Mexico's beach resorts). Our room was spacious and furnished in a traditional Mexican style (think lots of heavy wood), with a king bed (albeit a bit too hard), sitting area with a huge fireplace, walk-in closet, large bathroom (with gorgeous blue/white Mexican tiles) and a dynamite terrace over-looking the exquisite gardens and serene, turquoise pool below. The verdant gardens are full of peacocks and other elegant birds. These birds more than once jumped into our terrace to "keep us comapny" and entertain our daughter (OH, THE MEMORIES!). The food at Las Mananitas is the best I have ever had in Mexico. (Definetly try the Tortilla Soup...awesome!).
My wife and I loved this hotel and hope to go back again in the future.

• Stayed August 2005
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2006

Paradise, Eden, this hotel is the best of the best. The service is excellent. The gardens are exquisite. This hotel is a bargain for the price. This is the only place to stay in Cuernavaca. The dining experince is second to none. If you go to Cuernavaca you MUST stay here.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2005

I have stayed at this hotel at least 5 times in the last 2 years. It never ceases to amaze me. My daughter was married there in the garden by the pool. All arrangements were handled perfectly by the hotel. The food, service and atmosphere is the best I have ever experienced. The staff is so eager to attend to ever detail. If you want a perfect trip call them and tell them what you want and they will take care of it for you. I can't wait for my next opportunity to return.

• Stayed March 2005
mcallen texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2005

My husband and I just returned from our 4th visit to Las Mananitas in 8 years, including a great fiesta for 15 friends/family for my 50th birthday 5 years ago. It is still beautiful, the restaurant and bar still lovely, but the dress code has disappeared which means lots of unkempt people in the restaurant in t shirts and jogging shoes and fanny packs.
Unfortunately, the departure of Reuben Cerda (now at El Madrigal in Cuernavaca) and the recent death of Sra Kraus, wife of the original owner, has meant a big drop in service at the hotel. They never answered repeated emails about a car pickup from the airport, and we had to comfrim by phone; the car failed to show and the hotel people were mystified and unapologetic. On departure, same story -- we reserved a car back to Mexico City at the front desk the night before and it never appeared; instead, they got us a less than wonderful taxi and driver who had no clue how to get to our hotel.
We returned unexpectedly to Cuernavaca 10 days later and booked at Casa Colonial -- which is not as fancy but much more centrally located, and where the service was caring and lovely -- for 1/3 the priceof Las Mananitas. Sad to say, the glory days seem to have passed and I would no longer recommend the hotel as enthusiastically as I have for many years. I'd go for drinks and dinner, and then spend the night at Casa Colonial.

• Stayed February 2005

Been to Las Mananitas? Share your experiences!