“You can just feel it.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
A TripAdvisor Member
“You can just feel it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2003

Tonight is Aug. 16th, 10 days ago I went to visit the Virgin Rosario of Talpa with my family. It was 20 years since I had last been to Mexico, I was 3 years old. My oldest brother had a memory of a chruch, a church he said that was beautiful. He told me that it was a "must" on my places to visit. The drive was about 4 hours from Cocula. The roads on the way are majestic. I was starting to feel the beauty of the church just by the conversations that were taking place in the car amongst my family. Stories of them walking from El Coyame (small ranch) to the town of Talpa to see the Virgen. Trekking with the whole town for a little over a week. Just to pray to a small sculpture? I was in awe and could not wait to walk into the wonderous house. The church itself is huge, like a castle. We snuck in during the end of mass through the side doorway connected through the store. I could hear the singing even before we got in the store. It was music sung out of pure love, and hope. I walked in and looked up immediatly..it was breathtaking. From top to bottom, front to back absolutely breathtaking. Then I saw her.
Encased in glass, surrounded by gold, and fresh flowers. Dressed in her cloak, all encrusted with gold. The whole church seemed to be covered in gold. I have honestly never seen so many pretty,golden things , made and given so freely. I said plain and simply "wow" to my father, he leaned over and said, "all of that is for her". The people have devoted so much faith into her for so long. Coming to that church from all around with their burdens, and there prayers, filling up that church with the feeling of all good it seems. Honestly , you can just feel it.
You can see it. You can hear it. During that small time I was sitting in the side of the church in the last pew I was living it. *LR*