“Fairy tale wedding at a fairy tale place...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amuleto

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Zihuatanejo
Amuleto
You added Amuleto to your Saves list
Calle Escenica 9 | Playa La Ropa, Zihuatanejo 40880, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 80 Hotels in Zihuatanejo
“Fairy tale wedding at a fairy tale place...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

It has taken me a few months to write this review because I honestly could not find the words to express how perfect, surreal, stunning Amuletto was. We picked this magical place to have my daughters wedding and what an amazing day it was. My special thanks to Ricardo and especially Neglia whose warmth and care (and skill!) made the day so perfect!! Neglia our menu was so beyond words!! As each course was brought out I couldn't imagine the next being better, yet it was. And the gorgeous dessert table!!!
Amuletto is a gem, our stay was pampered and perfect, the staff was as good as it gets.
If you are looking for romance, perfection, 5 star food and accommodations, look no further!! I am already dreaming about my next trip there!
***and don't forget to ask for Neglias store to be opened for you- I am still calling her to ship items to me- sophisticated beautiful and classy just like everything else at Amuletto!
Thank you, thank you, thank you for making my daughters wedding and our vacation a dream.

Room Tip: Any room is a treat, we had the whole hotel booked out for the wedding and there is something speci...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Amuleto for the first week of our honeymoon trip. To say it was beyond our wildest dreams would still be an understatement. When planning our trip, we knew we wanted to be somewhere warm, sandy, and on the water; so we focused on beachfront locations around the Caribbean and Central America. Somehow, we kept coming back to the Amuleto website even with it's mountainside location. Well, despite my initial hesitations, I went ahead and made the booking, and simply put it was hands down the best accommodation decision I have ever made.
When all was said and done, we literally had to force ourselves to leave Amuleto's serene estate to venture out for a few day trips to town and nearby beaches. The beaches are beautiful (especially Los Gatos) and easy to get to, but they just couldn't top what you have at Amuleto. What's more Zihuatanejo has plenty of other beautiful small hotels with fantastic restaurants and views - some of them beachfront, and we had amazing dinners at many of them during our vacation. Just about everyone of these properties seemed like they would be incredible places to stay. Based simply on appearance, location, and their restaurants alone, I would feel confident recommending the five places we saw. However, for our tastes, not one of them could possibly be any better than Amuleto.
That's really all that needs to be said, but I'd be remiss if I didn't acknowledge the amazing team of staff members that run the show at Amuleto. As much as anything else about the hotel, they make you feel like a VIP, and their attention to detail and willingness to accommodate is beyond reproach.
Just so you're aware of the scene, this is a place for romantic R&R, and some great dinners. Unless you're desperately seeking solitude, you'll absolutely want your significant other by your side to share in the blissful experience.

Room Tip: We stayed in two different rooms, Room #5 and I believe Room #3. Room 5 had a private plunge pool, t...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Amuleto recently celebrated its tenth anniversary, offering my wife and me a chance to reflect on how this little treasure of a hotel has ripened since we first visited Ricardo and Neglia, the Brazilian owners.

There were four suites then, six now, and rumors of a few more to come. Each still has its private view, a stunning sweep over Zihuatanejo Bay far below. The rooms are charming and self-contained. Honeymooners, I have noticed, emerge only for meals.

The restaurant, which originally served just breakfast, added lunch a year later and now has a magnificent dinner menu, created and overseen by Neglia, who graduated from the Cordon Blue school in Los Angeles. You can choose three, four or five courses and be assured that every one will have an unexpected creative twist.

There is a small shop, unique among Zihua hotels which tend to feature foklorica, whereas Amuleto offers smart resort wear, much of it designed by Neglia herself who markets to boutiquers under the Ticci Tonetto label.

Service is thoughtful and unsparing. If something is not just right, expect it to be attended to pronto. Ricardo and Neglia have created a place that produces a regular clientele, and we are happy to be among them.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We read all the reviews of Amuleto and wanted to see firsthand if the accolades were warranted. Beyond a doubt, yes. We are picky travelers and know what we like. Solitude, beauty, view, service and ambience.are high on our list. Amuleto meets them all. This is our third trip to Zihua/Ixtapa and have stayed at the other top rated hotels - Amuleto wins! Unfortunately Ricardo was out of town, but he and his warm and personable wife, Neglia, have put together a winning combination of vibe, and staff that make you not need to ever leave your room! Shout outs to Bibiana who we teased about putting in our suitcase and taking home :), Juan, Pablo and Jacobo. You guys rock! The massages were phenomenal also. Check this place out, believe what you read- you will not be disappointed!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms with a private pool were great. We were fortunate to see them all.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

My husband and I recently returned from an incredibly relaxing eight-day vacation at Amuleto. The views are indeed amazing, and the hotel is beautifully appointed – the owners clearly have excellent taste!

What impressed me most about this boutique hotel was the service. We relish our privacy, but also appreciate good service – the staff at Amuleto strike the perfect balance. We were never interrupted unless we requested something from the restaurant, which by the way was excellent.

The maid cleaned our room first thing in the morning while we were at breakfast, leaving everything clean and beautiful for the day. In the evening when we ordered margaritas, staff member Jacobo always asked “Would you mind if the maid comes to your room now?” which we both truly appreciated. The maid would turn down the bed, tidy the room and decorate with flower petals.

The room was always stocked with plenty of fluffy towels and the bed made with crisp, clean white sheets. And the bed was exceptionally comfortable, with a nice pillow top – not too hard, not too soft.

On the rare occasion when we ventured away from the hotel, the staff were happy to call a cab, never asking where we were going, or when we would return. We were free to come and go as we pleased.

Everyone who works at Amuleto is relaxed, friendly and attentive. You never feel like you are waiting, and you never feel rushed. Exceptional service is nearly invisible, and the team at Amuleto is very professional .

Finally, I really like their tipping policy. When travelling, I sometimes find tipping confusing. They ask that you not tip the staff directly, but to give your tip at checkout and they divide and distribute to staff later.

This helps avoid scrambling for pesos or dollars for the maid, and having to think about whether you are doing the right thing during your stay. They suggest an amount of 10% of the total room charge, and 15% for any food and beverage purchased from the restaurant. And you are welcome to adjust based on your experience if you feel inclined.

We love Zihuatanejo, and this is our favorite place we have stayed there so far!

Room Tip: We stayed in Suite #1 which was terrific. We had an opportunity to view several of the other rooms...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
La Crosse, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I was updating my reviews of our recent trip to St. Lucia and noticed I never did submit a review for Amuleto. We stayed for a week in Feb. 2011. We loved this place, the views from the rooms as well as the common infinity pool are as stunning as any place we have been. The breakfasts as well as the dinners we had were all excellent. Staff was outstanding. Since this is a small, intimate hotel, we gave the impression that we were staying in a private villa.

The walk to the beach is a hike, especially coming back, but we did it several times. We even hiked back from town a couple of times. Note that cab fare is very reasonable. Again, I apologize for the late review.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Corcoran, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband and I had a terrific time at Amuleto. The terrace was a perfect place to watch the sunset, and mingle with the other guests if you wanted to. All of the rooms were beautiful, not a bad choice in the house! My husband and I fished a couple days, and the chefs were happy to cook our catch upon our return. I would definitely recommend this unique hotel and the people who work there! We may have had to return to the Minnesota cold and snow, but the memories of this wonderful place will keep us warm in the upcoming months.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Amuleto? Share your experiences!