“It never gets old” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amuleto

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Zihuatanejo
Amuleto
Calle Escenica 9 | Playa La Ropa, Zihuatanejo 40880, Mexico   |
Special Price
50% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 81 hotels in Zihuatanejo
Green Oaks, Illinois
“It never gets old”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at Amuleto for the 6th or 7th time and I was as enamored with the property as I have ever been. The beauty of this secluded and private boutique hotel in a garden never gets old. We noticed it's not uncommon to see guests of this quiet retreat spending their entire vacation on the property, never leaving its' splendor. There is really no reason to leave as the rooms are gorgeous, sun is plentiful, sunsets spectacular, and the food is divine! Everyone in town raves about the amazing haute cuisine and we agree, there is no rival for the creative, complex, and sophisticated fare served under the stars in the gorgeous garden restaurant. You have never had calamari until you have had it here!! We love Amuleto and the wonderful staff and gracious owners. It's our home away from home......only WAY BETTER.

Room Tip: With pool or without, your choice. They are all beautiful.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

239 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Porto Alegre, RS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We spent 4 days at Amuleto, my husband and I and it was fantastic. We do not like to stay at big hotels with lots of people running around. We wanted peaceful place for a few days. So the first impression of Amuleto was the perfect location, on top of the hill offering the amazing view of the bay. And soon we have found that view is guaranteed at each of the 6 suites. And the suites are so charming that we did no want to get out. But when we did it was always good enough. The environment and tthe achitecture are so special that we felt in a different dimension of time and space. It is perfectly quiet to relax and just enjoy the place. We went out just 2 times, to a quick walking at the Zihuatanejo market place and the La Ropa beach. We felt so good inside the hotel we did not want to go out...for nothing. We felt so much better all the time...at the Suit 1 with high level of comfort and luxury, at the pool, at the lounge or at the restaurant. The menu is something very special, created by Neglia Tonetto with a french aproach. Neglia and Ricardo are the owners and they run the place with love and devotion. The result could not be better. The excellence is in everything, from the tuna sandwich by the pool with margaritas, until the flowers they spread every night at our bed. It is all conected and works pretty well all the time. They make all the backery at the hotel...breads, croissants, focaccias are delcious. We tastede almost all the menu and every meal was a moment of surprise and full pelasure. We do not see too much people from the staff around but they were always ready to serve us well. It was really a big time at Amuleto.

Room Tip: Ask for the Suites number 1 or 2. But in any of the 6 you will be very well
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our first experience at Amuleto was so wonderful that is hard to express it in words. Anyway we think experience is a good word, because it was not something like go to a weekend in an Hotel by the beach. Is something else and something Very special. This is a place we could refer as Heavens Gate! We had four nights and days of pure pleasure. Everything there is made of details. The local with breathtaking views, the suites, the menu, the service, the whole enviroment seems to be build for your pleasure. The suite 1 is really fantastic and each of the others are rares surprises in terms of confort and relaxing. For me and my wife this is a place to go back once a Year. The presence of Ricardo and Neglia, the owners, and the way they run the place is a great exemple of dedication. They do care about us as much as the whole crew.

Room Tip: All the suites are with the fantastic viés for the Bay.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

When my husband decided to book our stay at the Amuleto, I dove in and read all of the TripAdvisor reviews. After reading some of the reviews, I had some concerns about staying there. First, I read that someone was 'eaten alive' by Mosquitos while trying to sleep at night. I'm not sure how this happened. Our room had doors, screens and everything necessary to protect you from such an occurrence. Another review stated that you may want to consider ear plugs because the creatures of the night make a lot of noise. If there was such a noise, I didn't hear it. The quiet hum of the air conditioning lulled me to sleep. A guest complained about the lack of care from the hotel staff when a spouse was ill. What?! My husband became quite ill and the hotel staff took amazing care of him. From the custom made chicken soup, to getting him an antibiotic (which a hotel staff member picked up for us on his day off...) they were kind and generous in their care for both of us. I barely had to lift a finger. They let me relax while they worked to get things organized for him. And last, the food. My husband and I love good food. The Amuleto will not disappoint. Delicious. We were dragging our feet when we went out for food one night. Besides the amazing view, the beautiful room, and all of the endless botanical beauty that the hotel nurtures.... The staff is the best part. They organized a wonderful fishing trip for us and offered many tips for enjoying all of Zihuatanejo. We are looking forward to returning to the Amuleto. We will not only be looking forward to revisiting Zihuatanejo, but also visiting Jacobo, Pablo and all of the staff. Oh, yes... and Ricardo as well.... Thank you for the beautiful stay, Ricardo.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 4; The Main Room. We recommend it!
Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Our second stay at Amuleto was every bit as great as our first. First class accommodations backed up with first class service. This trip we were in the Main Suite 1. Previously, we had stayed in the Palapa Suite. Both, equally fantastic and luxurious. Between the breathtaking views, the excellent food and the wonderful service, leaving becomes the hardest thing about a visit to Hotel Amuleto.

San Marcos, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The simplest way for me to describe our recent stay at Amuleto would be to just list every descriptive/superlative word in existence, but even then I don't think you would truly capture the essence of this truly magic place. This is the second visit for my wife and I and that speaks volumes as we rarely revisit a hotel no matter the previous experience; preferring to have different perspectives or at least try to. The physical structure and layout is amazing in itself and creates a peaceful environment from the reception to your room. There only six suites and there is not a bad one as they all have the same view and totally private atmosphere. You really feel as though you are the only guests. It is truly a beautiful place, but the real character of Amuleto is the staff. Ricardo has assembled an excellent group and their hard work and dedication to provide you with anything and everything you need or want is noticeable from the welcome margarita to your departure (usually a sad one). I hope this helps someone looking for a memorable experience.
Thanks again Ricardo, Jacobo, Pablo, Viviana, Maria and all the rest of the staff for another wonderful memory.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The experience here is unlike any other - everything about this place makes one feel like they're in absolute heaven.

The staff is incredible, the view is stunning, the rooms / decor / architecture is a true delight.

I couldn't think of a better place to take your loved one, definitely on the romantic side.

200 character limit reached?

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Amuleto? Share your experiences!