This is our first time in Zihuatanejo, Mexico. Me and my husband had a great time at Interwest. Our accomodation has 1 bedroom, 2 showers, 1 outside tub, a kitchen and a big balcony.
Upon arrival, Elroy welcomed us with a refreshing cold towel and cold bottle of water. The reception employee were kind and helpful. Marie, the manager, is friendly and makes us feel at home. She invited us to see the turtle release at the beach. This is a unique opportunity to witness how they do it. They releases the one day old turltes early in the evening, around 6-7pm. The first week of our stay were 22 and 2nd week were 70 turltles place on the delicate sand. Those cute little creature swims all by itself into the waves.
The white sandy beach of La Ropa is great. The water is warm and the current is smooth but sometimes high. We tried to visit the beach, Las Gatas, next to La Ropa but due to slippery rock we could' nt reach the beach by foot. It is also possible to take a water taxi but unfortunately, it was holiday and no available boat (16 september 2013)at that time plus the typhoon Manuel just left the place.
The food at Zi restaurant is superb. We enjoyed the sunday brunch at Zi restaurant. When you are looking for typical Mexicaan food try to eat at Zi restaurant. If you are looking for the best view in Zihuatanejo then you are on the right place, because it is the best lounge in the bay. The view is stunning.
We did snorkling and sunbathing at Ixtapa island. According to Flip, my husband, down under he saw a lot variety of fishes. Also we did birds and crocodile watching at Ixtapa. At the park we saw, blue heron, brown booby, white ibis, hummingbirds etc. Not only birds but also scorpion, snake, crocs and lots of leguaans. Up at the Ecological Park, a tarantula, crawling free at the garden, be aware!
September 15 and 16 was a feest in Mexico. They celebrate their independence days. On this days, a tropical depression hit Mexico. Manuel, the storm hit Mexico. It was raining non- stop for 3 days. The events in Zihuatanejo were cancelled. Despite of bad weather, people witness the speech of Pres. Enrique Pena Nieto at Mexico City.
For us, our vacation is done and have to go home. Great days at Zihuatanejo...viva Mexico.
- Also Known As:
- Club Intrawest - Zihuatanejo Hotel Zihuatanejo
- Club Intrawest - Zihuatanejo Hotel
- Hotel Intrawest Zihuatanejo
- Club Intrawest Zihuatanejo
- Intrawest Zihuatanejo
- Club Intrawest
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Villas on the Mexican Riviera Club Intrawest is a private vacation club. From time to time, Guests are invited to stay at the Club on a nightly, cash basis. The Club is located on Playa la Ropa – the most exclusive beach in Zihuatanejo. Vacation Homes cascade down the hillside offering panoramic views of Zihuatanejo Bay. Enjoy casual dining by the infinity pool or in the restaurant under the giant palapa roof. Club Intrawest – Zihuatanejo reflects its spectacular oceanfront location in a stunning open-air design and innovative architecture. Terraces offer sweeping ocean views from every angle. Uniquely designed villas feature hand-cut tiles, wood furnishings and bright fabrics, all locally crafted to reflect the rich culture of the region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Club Intrawest - Zihuatanejo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.