I should have read the negative reviews on trip advisor before booking a one week vacation at Club Intrawest - Zihuatanejo. All I wanted was to relax with my family on one of my limited weeks of vacation. Instead, I had to be on top of my game to not get ripped off, to monitor my resort food receipts which were incorrect 90 % of the time, to keep vendors away all day as I lounged in my chair or in the sand because there were no chairs left, to clean up all crumbs in the room to avoid bugs from swarming, and wish I had purchased block out noise headphones since there were not windows to keep the sound of the birds, screaming children, and gardeners out! Thank goodness I was in good shape! There were no elevators and the stairs, along with the heat and humidity, just about took me out. Definitely not a place for elderly with heart issues!
I was not told that we would have a kitchen with a mini-fridge and no oven. We were forced to eat out, and worse, we bought one of the plans at the resort. Our children detested the food, and we barely used our allocation. Obviously the kitchen, or "lack-of" was meant for a deterrent so you would not buy groceries and eat the resort food. The manager of the resort was oblivious to customer service, making several of us feel that we should not complain because the workers do not understand our needs. I would not advise anyone to stay here unless they can sleep through noise, are not bothered by being overcharged, don't mind vendors bothering them at the beach, don't mind swimming with the locals knowing there are no public bathrooms for them, and walking up and down numerous stairs to go anywhere in the resort.
- Also Known As:
- Club Intrawest - Zihuatanejo Hotel Zihuatanejo
- Club Intrawest - Zihuatanejo Hotel
- Hotel Intrawest Zihuatanejo
- Club Intrawest Zihuatanejo
- Intrawest Zihuatanejo
- Club Intrawest
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Villas on the Mexican Riviera Club Intrawest is a private vacation club. From time to time, Guests are invited to stay at the Club on a nightly, cash basis. The Club is located on Playa la Ropa – the most exclusive beach in Zihuatanejo. Vacation Homes cascade down the hillside offering panoramic views of Zihuatanejo Bay. Enjoy casual dining by the infinity pool or in the restaurant under the giant palapa roof. Club Intrawest – Zihuatanejo reflects its spectacular oceanfront location in a stunning open-air design and innovative architecture. Terraces offer sweeping ocean views from every angle. Uniquely designed villas feature hand-cut tiles, wood furnishings and bright fabrics, all locally crafted to reflect the rich culture of the region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Club Intrawest - Zihuatanejo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.