“simple good dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Ucluelet, Canada
“simple good dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Went twice during our 2 week stay. Had calamari appetizer twice - very good. Had grilled/bbq tuna the first time as our entrée and rib eye steak the second time - both meals were excellent. With the tuna, was a side of pasta which was also very good. Portions were a good size and we split the appetizer and the main. With a drink each and the appie and the main cost was 450 pesos.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Seattle, Washington
“Food is fantastic a mix of italian and spanish.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

You have to try the coconut chicken. Place doesn't look like much and some of the seats have a weird view of the curtain that is access to the bathrroms but if you overlook the decor youre in for a real treat.

Visited February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“very good meal, reasonable prices, festive inside/outside atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Nardo's moved to a new location on the lower Playa Madera road (calle Adelita?) We had dinner there Jan. 18 and recommend it for a reasonable and very well prepared meal. For about $50 we had a beer, 4 glasses of wine (Chilean---wish they had Baja wines), Caprese salad (not with mozarella, not sure what kind of cheese, but good with walnut pesto) excellent spaghetti with tons of seafood, including big chunks of octopus, and a rib eye cooked perfectly on the grill. The mixed vegetables were just ok. The side with the steak was spaghetti, but the people next to us ordered baked potato (we didn't know it was available). There's a nice atmosphere, off the street, outdoors but covered, kind of cozy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Langley City, Canada
“A real gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We walked by this restaurant many times on our way from our hotel int Zihuatanejo. The young man, Alex (from Tennesee) was always friendly and chatty. We took him up on his offer to prepare our catch from earlier in the day which was barracuda. We arrived around 7pm and the place was packed. Well, my wife and I have never tasted such a delicious fish, perfectly cooked with all the local trimmings. We stayed to listen to the music provided by a couple of Canadians from Alberta, danced a bit and had many delicious cervesas.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saskatchewan
“Nardo's....You gotta check this place out!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My wife and I have been coming to Zihua for 7 years now. Of course, we've tried alot of great restaurants here. We pass Nardo's almost daily and always just kept walking into town for what ever. Big mistake. They say a book can't be judged by it's cover. So true. We met a young man on Calle Adelita who invited us to try. Based on his attempts the next few passes, I promised to be back next week. That was New Years day and they were closed (understandably.) The following week we came back as I had promised. We had Calamari which was fantastic. Piping hot, nice portion, and great home made marinara. I (having been here a couple of weeks already) ordered the filet mignon and my wife the shrimp wrapped in bacon. The food was stunning. I have never had such a great steak in Zihua before. The shrimps were huge and also presented with pasta and vegetables as was my steak. Staff were awesome and very friendly. I think I am still in shock being a Canadian prairie boy who found a steak as good as in good ol Saskatchewan. Really happy with this find and we will be back a couple of more times yet. 145 pesos for a filet? C'mon, at home I'd pay 35-40 dollars for that same steak. Nardo's delivers along the lines of an Il Mare just without the stunning views. The food more than compensates for that! Calamari, Filet Mignon, Jumbo shrimps, 3 beers, and a large bottle of water for 440 (40 bucks canadian)= unreal value. Please visit this little gem of Zihuatanejo-you'll be so glad you did.
Our friends arrive next week and I will be going back. Will post again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere